ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 12-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

TQ Racing SX8-web26.jpg

Is this who i think it is?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yup, that was me a few years ago winning championships and setting track records.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Chill_Will YGPM
Old 12-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Whats up guys. I got back from Hendricks Country RC Raceway in Indy this morning around 4am and it was a blast. I had some bad luck due to the FREEZING weather but the facility and people were great and my SX8 and SX8T were dialed.
In buggy i broke a knuckle and that was it. I started out w/ clay switches then changed over to pink tapers and it was on rails. I qualed 7 in the A and worked my way up to 3. I got a little out of wack and my eyes were watering really bad and dropped down to 5th or 6th. I ended up stripping a rear pinion about 9 mins in. I've been running the car for about 5 months and only broke a shock shaft due to hitting someone at the end of the straight. I think it was due to the cold, cold weather....
In Truggy I had really bad luck. 1st quall my starter box was screwed up, 2nd qual i broke a shock shaft and the had motor issues and the 3rd qual more motor issues...So I qualed last in the B. I made a few adjustments, lowered my front shock weight and put my Sirio in and the truck was amazing!!! I was very, very happy with it. I jumped into the lead and had 2-3 laps on the field when I got into traffic off of a triple and broke a front lower arm . I would have bumped and like my chances in the A.
I guess thats part of racing and what keeps us coming back for more. Both cars were great and I meet a lot of good people off of the grid and rctech. As I stated above, I have not had an issue with either vehicle until it was 17degrees out...They are durable and high quality.
The new drive train in the car is holding up perfect. I made some other mods and weighed my car with everything in it including wheels and trimmed it down to 7.63 lbs! I weighed my buddies mugen and it was 7.3 lbs. With todays motors and the horsepower thry put out, I actually kind of like the extra weight. I think it settles the car down and makes it a bit more stable. Sorry for the long post, I'm just really stoked about the cars performance this weekend....I can't wait for CRCRC!!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brian kadow
Yup, that was me a few years ago winning championships and setting track records.
And getting punted off the track like you did in the race from the pic.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jrock32, Just wondering what new drive train you have? or are using.. And What mods have you done to save weight.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes please fill us in on the mods you made
Old 12-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not sure when they are coming out, but I've been trying some new out drives and lightened diff pins Luther sent me before Texas. They have worked great with no signs of wear. I also replaced all the aluminum radio tray post and wing mount alumn post with the plastic ones. I thought the mud guards where a little wide and while at the hobby shop I ran across some sportwerks mayhem mud guards. They fit really nice with just minor trimming and hole drilling. I'll post some pics in a few. They are a lot narrower and lighter. They really "slim" the car up and cut weight.
Doing just one thing wont save much, but if you do 3-4 things like I've done, it really shaved some ounces.
I run a Ninja w/ a 2050 and hi tech servos. I had panther switches mounted on PL V2 wheels. Not sure if my motor, electronics and tire/wheel combo save any weight, but thats what I run...
Old 12-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Curt, I meet Kenny and Nick sat night. Very nice guy's. He thought the buggy looked good and was impressed with the weight as well.
Are you thinking about hitting Indy anytime soon? I think Clay and I will be going back the weekend before Christmas. Let me know if you decide to go sometime.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here are some pics...Car is still dirty from Sat....

Pic of the narrower mud guards.

Pic of the new outdrives.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Default Great Job Jordan

Jordan with the rest of the new light weight parts you will be under the Mugen Weight.

Racers I now you are anxious but we wanted to make sure all the parts would hold up I now we are still the underdog but we feel we can run with the best of them.

We will be getting all the parts out to the team for some final testing and then we will be ready to go,we plan on HAVING a great showing at CRCRC.

We will let a little more out of the bag we are releasing a 09 upgrade kit and it will be a great price for our exiting customers and racers that have supported our products.

09/Kit
Light Weight out drives
Light Weight diff gear
Titanum Turnbuckles
Graphite Shock Towers
New Light Weight wheel hex
New chassis with new weight balance for added stability and more rear traction.
New Light Weight Dog Bones.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:15 AM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

just thought that i would put out my update with the TQ SX8 this past weekend at the 2008 ILLINOIS INDOOR NITRO CHAMPIONSHIPS at Leisure hours raceway in joliet, il.

saturday morning showed up to for a 3 hour practice session. i have been working on a setup for indoor racing the past 2 weekend. i feel that i am really close to a good all around setup. i wanted to try the front ofna blue springs per "local racer" recommendation but have been unlikely to find a set to use, seems to be on back order about everywhere.

practice was really good, finally got some upgraded brake disc. oh yeah THE LOSI HD BRAKE DISC WILL NOT FIT ON THE OUTDRIVES WITH OUT DOING ALOT OF WORK TO THE DISC TO GET THEM TO FIT .

went to my 1st qual. and had alot of engine problems, had to replace a bad glow plug and the motor wouldn't run right at all. ran only 4 mins of a 5 min qual.

2nd qual came up and again i had to replace the plug just to get it started. after replacing plug, went and did my warm up and motor died, took plug out after many attempts to get it started only to find out i needed to replace that plug too.

3rd qual came up, hey what do u know, another popped plug. wouldn't start again after new plug either.

after 1 day of racing, i popped 3 p3 plugs with out any reason why. so i had a local pro engine tuner help me out. we got the car running and i was able to run a few laps. on about lap 6 or 7, i was coming down the straight when my car just died, i thought, ok maybe ran out of fuel. put more fuel in it, tried to bump it, but wouldn't budge. nothing.

me and him finally found after the motor wouldn't budge and the motor was tight to turn over that i had snapped the crank, or shall i say twisted to crank before it snapped. he feels thats probably why i was popping plugs because the timing was off and alot of unwanted air was coming in too.

put in a backup motor from a buddy of mine, got that motor tuned, ran decent too. did have to buy a plug for that too

day2: 4 qual comes up, ran great, the motor that is. i had to run with the slower people, and had to deal with alot of traffic that wouldn't move or like to hit me when i came up to them.

I-MAIN: the mains were setup using qual points. there was a thru J. went to start car only to come up with another freakn popped plug. i was done, couldn't see myself buying anymore plugs,i was royally pi$$ed off now. all weekend long i bought 38 dollars in glow plugs, ran 9 mins out of 4 qual and zero mons out of a 10 min main. had i ran the main, i bet i would have popped that plug too.

all and all, i won't run sirio anymore. 3 guys this weekend broke 3 cranks, popped about 100 bucks worth of plugs. my backup was a sirio too. my buddy broke 2 cranks this year in his sirio motor. so i will be putting together another motor together really soon and hope to have a great 2009 with TQ SX8 and TQ FUEL
Old 12-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Been there, done that. Sorry about your bad luck.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Local racer
Jordan with the rest of the new light weight parts you will be under the Mugen Weight.

Racers I now you are anxious but we wanted to make sure all the parts would hold up I now we are still the underdog but we feel we can run with the best of them.

We will be getting all the parts out to the team for some final testing and then we will be ready to go,we plan on HAVING a great showing at CRCRC.

We will let a little more out of the bag we are releasing a 09 upgrade kit and it will be a great price for our exiting customers and racers that have supported our products.

09/Kit
Light Weight out drives
Light Weight diff gear
Titanum Turnbuckles
Graphite Shock Towers
New Light Weight wheel hex
New chassis with new weight balance for added stability and more rear traction.
New Light Weight Dog Bones.

AWSOME!! thanks for the update!... cant wait for the upgrade kit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.