Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
They are saying that the tires are not ROAR legal. That's funny,the tires have won 3 ROAR Nationals in the past year. Last time I checked 3700's and 3800's weren't legal either, but you can run them. I believe it is a misunderstanding. These are not capped tires. Once the powers that be find out more about the tire, they may change their minds. We will see.
Has this been stated on-line somewhere?

I am totally shocked if this is honestly going to be the case. We have been running the 2-Stage tires for a few weeks now and there is nothing else I would rather run. Not one broken wheel and the performance is just perfect.

With just over a month they really should be making this sort of thing very public. We are readily buying more and more tires to prepare for this event only to find out we need to go back and purchase another product.

Jack: Have the old compounds been updated with the new wheel? I would hate to go back to Parma =)
Old 10-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick-C

I am totally shocked if this is honestly going to be the case. We have been running the 2-Stage tires for a few weeks now and there is nothing else I would rather run. Not one broken wheel and the performance is just perfect.

With just over a month they really should be making this sort of thing very public. We are readily buying more and more tires to prepare for this event only to find out we need to go back and purchase another product.

Jack: Have the old compounds been updated with the new wheel? I would hate to go back to Parma =)
Nick,

I haven't seen a broken wheel in several months...the newer Jaco wheels are holding up beautifully
Old 10-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

All the tires are mounted on the same wheel. You may want to contact Mr. Bill to let him know how you feel. I don't think they realize that these tires are in widespread use, not just a one-off for team guys.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

I already made a post over on TechTalk concerning this. I can see this blowing up in our faces now.

Getting Jaco tires has always been hard for us this time of year, imagine how bad it's going to be when everyone has to go re-buy a month before the champs. Half the field will be running Greens & Blues
Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick-C

Mr. Bill said it back on 5-10-2005. On the indoorchamps site's forum.

http://www.indoorchamps.com/XMB/view...p?tid=7&page=1

In the entry form he sends out with the rules all it says is foam tires only.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

mr.bill
Super Administrator

posted on 5-10-2005 at 11:25 Reply With Quote
INDOOR CHAMPS 2005

:P NO 2stage JACO TIRES

Guess I can stay home....Seems pretty stupid to not allow a foam tire that you can buy already. All hobbyshops have to do is order it!!

EA
Old 10-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well you guys know why right. TRC does not make 2 stage which makes them illegal. Plus your not allowed to run wheel dots so you cant hide the tires either.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 10-12-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

You know how ernie thinks, if he can't win-ban what is kicking his butt!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Let's not jump to conclusions. Perhaps it is simply a matter of Mr. Bill not being familiar with the tires. Sometimes what you don't know about can be intimidating. Let's see how this works out.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Guys: This is one race. I am not defending any decisions, but it is one race. IF the decision holds and you can't run wraps, then just run something else. Jaco, TRC, Parma CRC etc all make foams that work equally well.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Guys: This is one race. I am not defending any decisions, but it is one race. IF the decision holds and you can't run wraps, then just run something else. Jaco, TRC, Parma CRC etc all make foams that work equally well.
yeah, to you. But business is business. If 150 racers each wanted to purchase 4 sets, look at the loss from 1 race. Not to mention if a team guy could pull off the win, the advertising that Jaco loses from not being able to use them. It just 1 race, but also 1 of the most prestiguous.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Scott, the problem here is that racers who have already switched to the 2-Stage tire (for longer life and increased duability at the club level) now have to go out and purchase more tires for this one race.

Why on earth would you want to take a poke at the Average Joe by taking away a product that helps make racing more economical. The only motivation I can detect here is either what Jack has stated or simple "Ernie-Business". Either way the only people this will hurt is us, I am pretty sure Jack's going to be fine either way.

Nick
Old 10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is what Mr. Bill's reply was.

mr.bill

Super Administrator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what Mr. Bill's reply was.

posted on 13-10-2005 at 12:38 AM

INDOOR CHAMPS 2005

WE AT THE CHAMPS WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO MAKE THING HARDER FOR THE RACERS. WE ALWAYS TRY TO DO T IS BEST FOR THE RACE.

Last edited by Brian Anthony; 10-12-2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Ec1
Tech Adept

Jaco wraps isnt leagel in europe either, it was banned as soon as the EFRA members heard about them. increasing investments and more complicated for the racers was some reasons.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No, protecting GRP was the reason.....has nothing to do with costs or increased complicity....

Sorry, but this is pure politics......anyone who can't see it, makes Stevie Wonder think he has 20/20 vision....

Later EddieO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.