Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If any of you have been looking for tire warmers I have the Much More Platinum Edition in stock. They are selling for $199.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nemix
Stormer came through and made it right... They admitted error in filling real time orders before backorders,

We did no such thing. That part about "admitting error" is false.
Back orders (when they occur) are filled in the order they are received and done so without human intervention. It's all computerized so it's handled perfectly in order, every single time.

Here is the entire email.

You asked: at 6:10am on Sunday the 20th
I was writing to ask about order # XXXXXX. It was for some Jaco tires.
It appears you had them in stock but my order never shipped. Why
didn't the backorders get fulfilled first?

we said:
They did, your order is processing.

Regards,
-sales

(tires got here I believe Friday. The orders filled and they shipped, including yours, on Monday the next shipping day.)

Originally Posted by nemix
and shipped my backorder out today. I should have the tires on Wed. Long live customer service.
Where did we say anything about admitting error, or filling orders out of sequence?

Maybe I read it wrong, but I felt it made us look like we did something incorrectly, which is simply not true. Everything was handled perfectly, and the order shipped right on time, as it was supposed to.

That part about "admitting error" really griped me, as it's false. The whole email is right there, and all we did was agree that back orders shipped first and his order processed.

Sorry to dump in the thread. And my apologies if the thread has a "harsh" tone.

Back to discussing Jaco tires.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 07-22-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

To all those that have had the opportunity to run the Jaco 'Blues', it seems to me that the characteristics of wear vs. grip is somewhere between the Sorex 28's & RP 30's. Any other thoughts?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got to run blues this past weekend at Jackson, they seem to wear pretty well, felt good for the 4 runs i put on each pair. Grip seemed to be a little less then then the takeoff 27's i was using, but the rims are round and the glue job is good so no worries.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I got to run blues this past weekend at Jackson, they seem to wear pretty well, felt good for the 4 runs i put on each pair. Grip seemed to be a little less then then the takeoff 27's i was using, but the rims are round and the glue job is good so no worries.
hey mike just out of curiosity what setup changes did u end up making for the tires? im still not sure if i went the right way with my setup or not..

thanks bro
Old 07-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer

We did no such thing. That part about "admitting error" is false.
Back orders (when they occur) are filled in the order they are received and done so without human intervention. It's all computerized so it's handled perfectly in order, every single time.

Here is the entire email.

You asked: at 6:10am on Sunday the 20th
I was writing to ask about order # XXXXXX. It was for some Jaco tires.
It appears you had them in stock but my order never shipped. Why
didn't the backorders get fulfilled first?

we said:
They did, your order is processing.

Regards,
-sales

(tires got here I believe Friday. The orders filled and they shipped, including yours, on Monday the next shipping day.)

Where did we say anything about admitting error, or filling orders out of sequence?

Maybe I read it wrong, but I felt it made us look like we did something incorrectly, which is simply not true. Everything was handled perfectly, and the order shipped right on time, as it was supposed to.

That part about "admitting error" really griped me, as it's false. The whole email is right there, and all we did was agree that back orders shipped first and his order processed.

Sorry to dump in the thread. And my apologies if the thread has a "harsh" tone.

Back to discussing Jaco tires.
Bob,

I appreciate the personal response.. but that's not my email. If you read back on my thread posting, I sent my complaint on Saturday, before I posted on here that I had complained, which was 1:15pm eastern on Sat. Not early on Sunday.

I have no interest in arguing on a public forum, certainly about your store, of which I am a loyal customer.

My intent of my follow up post, was that stormer did right by my back-order, which in this case was more applicably a 'pre-order', after I took issue with live inventory and real time orders being processed on friday the 18th, before all back ordered customers had been communicated status that their orders were being filled. You can certainly see where frustration can set in, when someone whom placed an order 60 days ago has gotten no information or updates for weeks, and others users placed orders for live inventory are getting immediate order confirmations and information on their status, while back orders were still sitting (as far as the customer can see in their account) with no action being taken. As it turns out action was being taken, which is why i followed up my post with a 'thank you' and acknowledgment to stormers good customer service.

I'm sending you a PM with more details for your review.

Thanks for the personal service.

Last edited by nemix; 07-23-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
To all those that have had the opportunity to run the Jaco 'Blues', it seems to me that the characteristics of wear vs. grip is somewhere between the Sorex 28's & RP 30's. Any other thoughts?
Had the chance to run the Jaco Blue last night and I noticed it wears out
quicker and does not have the same grip as my CS32 and Sorex 32R.
We were running at a medium grip asphalt track. The Jaco rims looks
cool though!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by act2007
Had the chance to run the Jaco Blue last night and I noticed it wears out
quicker and does not have the same grip as my CS32 and Sorex 32R.
We were running at a medium grip asphalt track. The Jaco rims looks
cool though!
Albert, I would consider johns low grip especially since you guys run at night so the temps are cooler than would be ideal for blues.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a chance Jaco will release a tire with a shore rating of 20?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

20s??? for dirt oval or something?
Old 07-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
sounds like GP/Tower is fulfilling internet orders before dealer orders
I'm not sure if that is true, but I will say all 3 of our batches have come from Great Planes. If your local dealer had them on backorder through GP, they should have received some by now.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

We are almost caught up on backorders. By the end of next week we should be in great shape. We have been shipping to the distributors on a steady basis.
I'm glad the tires are working well for most of you. The responses and feedback we've received have been very positive so far.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
hey mike just out of curiosity what setup changes did u end up making for the tires? im still not sure if i went the right way with my setup or not..

thanks bro
A little more front droop, more rear camber. Went to a longer steering link (ackerman) Also killed a little bit of dual rate.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
20s??? for dirt oval or something?
close. there's a track day that I go to where it's a 'run what you brung' type of environment and it's on a low traction asphalt parking lot. so I run a car that has a softcase lipo that doesn't have any ballast in it.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Crappy Tires

While I am not one for starting a flame about a manufacture but after this weekends Xray Challenge in Portland where we ran the Jaco Blues I am more than disappointed with these tires. Matter of fact I fell quite ripped off. These tires were such junk, they didn't even last for 5 minutes of a race. I know there were some people that got two runs out of there tires, but even that is unacceptable. Having to spend almost 30 bucks on a set of tires that you cannot run twice. That is shit. I am a Sorex guy, won't run anythiing else unless I have too, Never again will I buy these crappy tires again. If any of the other guys that were at this race see this they, they will most likely say the same.

They were so bad that after the first run where I was able to run as fast as the leaders, the tires fell off close to a second a lap on the second run, and the car was undrivable. I changed about 15 things to try to get more rear grip in my car and because the tire were so nothing worked. I couldn't do anything else to my car to try to make the back more locked down.

My opinion, Jaco should refund every participante of this race for his shitty tires.

RedRocket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.