Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

you can use kyosho or mugen gears. The mugen centax drops right into the v1r.
I have tried Kyosho gears on my mugen cetax, but i've found the pitch doestn't mech properly. It all works but it's not long until your pinions look 6 years old.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Refering to the Centex Clutch:

I just ordered a Kyosho Centex clutch due to them having parts support. I was wondering if there were any tips or procedures I couild do to make my centex work easily and efficently. It is going to be paired up to a Mugen MR-12 S1 with a rd logics inline pipe. I will be racing at SARCAR. This a large Track in Washington home to Team Serpent driver Marty Barns and many other great drivers. I usually race at my local track in Redmond, WA.

Could you guys give me any thoughts about the motor? How it performs? It's supposed to be a short stroke MT-12 with similar torque characteristics to the MT-12 just with better top end and more HP. I just want to know what you guys think. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Patella: head over to Kyosho's website:

www.kyosho.com

THen follow the links to get to the V-one RR kit link. The picture of the car shows it with a nice little transponder mount thats mounted off the side of the throttle servo.

I just couldn't find a part number or anything for it.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

well I be damn! I guess I should read the RR manual sometime? ha ha. Since I built an reflex and then a regular R I've never read the RR manual (which is probably why my dogbones kept coming out of the one-way for months). I got that part sitting in my pitbox and never bothered to figure out what it was for I'll check the manual tonight to see if there is part # if no one else posts it first.

On the mugen gears, I dropped a mugen centax into a R and put about 1/2 gallon on it, neither the pinions nor the spurs show any wear.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Darkseid
Patella: head over to Kyosho's website:

www.kyosho.com

THen follow the links to get to the V-one RR kit link. The picture of the car shows it with a nice little transponder mount thats mounted off the side of the throttle servo.

I just couldn't find a part number or anything for it.
The transponder mount comes with the wide bumper part# VZ082.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-vonerrbumper.jpg  
Old 11-11-2002, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Refering to the Centex Clutch:

Originally posted by Sushi Boy
I just ordered a Kyosho Centex clutch due to them having parts support. I was wondering if there were any tips or procedures I couild do to make my centex work easily and efficently. It is going to be paired up to a Mugen MR-12 S1 with a rd logics inline pipe. I will be racing at SARCAR. This a large Track in Washington home to Team Serpent driver Marty Barns and many other great drivers. I usually race at my local track in Redmond, WA.

Could you guys give me any thoughts about the motor? How it performs? It's supposed to be a short stroke MT-12 with similar torque characteristics to the MT-12 just with better top end and more HP. I just want to know what you guys think. Thanks.
sushiboy everything I've heard from experienced motor guys I've talked to say the mr12 "ain't no punk".

Now I've heard alot of people say the nova rs12, rb x12, and mugen mr12 are exactly the same. From personal experience I know this isn't true as those motors may all be short rod but they have different characteristics that can't be accounted for by just tuning differences. Jason Bell has told me the mr12 is a bomb motor out of the box before he mods them.

On the centax I have a long write-up I got from some old-school racer on how to setup an axial clutch and I'll type it in and post it tonight...it's worked very well for me.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jordanc
I have tried Kyosho gears on my mugen cetax, but i've found the pitch doestn't mech properly. It all works but it's not long until your pinions look 6 years old.
This is incorrect. The Mugen clutch will work properly and also mesh properly, I have been using both style of gears for over 12 months. Both Mugen and Kyosho uses 32 pitch gearing so the mesh should be perfect.

What you have to do with the stock chassis is to elongate the engine mount holes to maximise the engine mesh, apart from that it fits on perfectly.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Refering to the Centex Clutch:

Originally posted by patelladragger
sushiboy everything I've heard from experienced motor guys I've talked to say the mr12 "ain't no punk".

Now I've heard alot of people say the nova rs12, rb x12, and mugen mr12 are exactly the same. From personal experience I know this isn't true as those motors may all be short rod but they have different characteristics that can't be accounted for by just tuning differences. Jason Bell has told me the mr12 is a bomb motor out of the box before he mods them.
You are absolutely right. I have not run a MR12 yet, but those other two engines are quite different in their characteristics.

The rod length is focused on too much by some people. It is only one characteristic, other being bearing quality, porting on the intake valve, interior case work and design, port placement on the sleeve and carb placement. The RB carb is placed in quite a different position to the NR motors.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

where can i get a kyosho centax clutch or a mugen centax clutch for my v1r..and which one is better? thx
Old 11-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Didnt you say that you were looking into buying a V1RR just a couple days ago? The V1RR comes with a centax in case you didnt already know. But anyways, go here if you want a Kawahara centax, you can probably pick up the mugen one here too.

http://www.speedtechrc.com

oops, looks like there out of stock of Kawa centax clutches for the V1R, hmmmm, I heard alot of fellow V1R'rs saying that Kawa parts for the centax are hard to come by latley. Hmmm, I guess you could go to Towerhobbies.com and get the Kyosho clutch, not sure if it comes all in one package though. You might be able to get a Kyosho clutch or Kawa or Mugen clutch from one of the HongKong shops too: Control Centre or HKModel.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-11-2002 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

oh no no i changed my mind i cant w8 for a rr i, so imma jus buy me a voner
Old 11-11-2002, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Cant wait for an RR? What do you mean? RR's are have been out on the market for about 5 months or so now. Or, are you reffering to the higher price of an RR as opposed to just an R or that your local shop doesnt have an RR handy?
Old 11-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

nono i live in the states so i have to w8 for the shipping.. but newayz i have finally finalized it and i will prolly and will b getting the RR for sure.. i need to know what is the cheapest place to get the rr oversea or ne where.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

ok ok ok i jus wanna finalize this quesiton i been dying to ask.. does the v1r come with a centax clutch like.. flywheel etc.. becuase the know the rr does.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

No it doesnt, but the V1RR does. So get the V1RR. If you want the rubber tire set up (gear diffs f/r, rubber tires) get the rubber tire version, if not, then get the foam tire set up (front one way/rear gear diff, foam tires). The foam tire set up is more for prepared surfaces and permanent tracks. The rubber tire is more for unprepared/parking lot tracks etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.