Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TA05MS

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
don't use the stock suspension setup... It is very low, as in too low... And yeah, the front is really higher than the rear if you're going to put it on stock manual setup... Always make your starting setup (or point) to 5.5mm rear and 5mm in front... Like what sir al said...
ok thanks. Our average ride height here in paved cement (front 7mm and 7.5mm rear).. maybe i will try 5.5. but i might scrape my chassis..

I also want to ask if I will set my ride height like 7 to 8mm should I also adjust the stabilzer(the adjusters of stabilizers)?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Does anyone have a pdf version of the MS manual they could send me or link me to?

Thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Does anyone have a pdf version of the MS manual they could send me or link me to?

Thanks
Here you go DOTMAN:

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/download...ual/ta05ms.pdf
Old 10-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Man, you gotta love the internet

Thanks, Hi...you da man!!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HI_808
Why you helping the competition, man!?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

I want to ask if I will set my ride height like 7 to 8mm should I also adjust the stabilizer(the adjusters of stabilizers connected to arm)?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ittjv
Your competition, not mine's .

I just hope all you guys win since actually racing my TA05MS has become out of the question due to time conflicts with the local races.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
I want to ask if I will set my ride height like 7 to 8mm should I also adjust the stabilizer(the adjusters of stabilizers connected to arm)?
nikkie,

I don't think you have to adjust the stabilizers if changing the ride height. You can if you want to, but the difference should be negligible. Just make sure you change your droop settings to accommodate for the height adjustment.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HI_808
nikkie,

I don't think you have to adjust the stabilizers if changing the ride height. You can if you want to, but the difference should be negligible. Just make sure you change your droop settings to accommodate for the height adjustment.
i see. thanks.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv
thats right.. you gotta through to oliver to get to me

showdowns of the TA05MSs this sat!

jose.. do u have any extra belts by chance?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CarKing
What are the benefits of the Delrin style outdrives?
andrew.. VERY important PM.. please let me know asap. thanks man!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
ok thanks. Our average ride height here in paved cement (front 7mm and 7.5mm rear).. maybe i will try 5.5. but i might scrape my chassis..

I also want to ask if I will set my ride height like 7 to 8mm should I also adjust the stabilzer(the adjusters of stabilizers)?
is your track that you're running on smooth or rough??? If it is smooth, you should not have problem with 5 and 5.5mm ride height but if not, then you should not do 5 and 5.5mm ride height unless you have a tub tape under the chassis... Which I doubt you have it on under...? for you have said that you will scrape your chassis... (under)...

But also remember that making your ride height high will make handling terrible in corners, also going to low will make it hard to turn in tight turns... So better play with your ride height, etc... stabilizers do less in setting up the car, so I think you don't have to... but I would suggest you to try loosening the screws in front (the one which holds the stabs, not the stopper) then tighten the one in the rear (same goes here, not the stopper)...

And also don't forget your droop... This does alot in setups...

Please take note of what have said in this message, this is based in my personal opinion, experience, etc... Thanks...

P.S., ei bro, could you do me a favor? Please tell Dennis Ventura that I am very sorry not replying to his texts because I do not have load yet, maybe if I have load, I will reply back... Thanks...
Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
is your track that you're running on smooth or rough??? If it is smooth, you should not have problem with 5 and 5.5mm ride height but if not, then you should not do 5 and 5.5mm ride height unless you have a tub tape under the chassis... Which I doubt you have it on under...? for you have said that you will scrape your chassis... (under)...

But also remember that making your ride height high will make handling terrible in corners, also going to low will make it hard to turn in tight turns... So better play with your ride height, etc... stabilizers do less in setting up the car, so I think you don't have to... but I would suggest you to try loosening the screws in front (the one which holds the stabs, not the stopper) then tighten the one in the rear (same goes here, not the stopper)...

And also don't forget your droop... This does alot in setups...

Please take note of what have said in this message, this is based in my personal opinion, experience, etc... Thanks...

P.S., ei bro, could you do me a favor? Please tell Dennis Ventura that I am very sorry not replying to his texts because I do not have load yet, maybe if I have load, I will reply back... Thanks...
ok. thanks for some tips. I will try all the possible setup in the cement track.
I will tell dennis tommorow. thanks
Old 10-12-2007, 08:38 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
andrew.. VERY important PM.. please let me know asap. thanks man!
Hey bud, if only we were still in the old building it wouldn't be a problem, but due to the lame new location, its tough. Check your PM
Old 10-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CarKing
Hey bud, if only we were still in the old building it wouldn't be a problem, but due to the lame new location, its tough. Check your PM
thanks man. its the thought that counts. ill take you up on your offer though.

btw.. you ever gonna join us for some racing? it'd be nice to see 4 TA05MS on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.