Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by InitialD
Thanks for the update Thomas. One thing caught my eye is the following;

Bodymount Front 710 allu

Bodymount 710 rear allu

I would never have thought that Serpent came out with these kind of parts.
Yeah, I saw that but the wifey was making comments about a how two boxes, one from HK and one from Holland is taking up the post box at home.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by cyba888
There is nothing wrong with doing two things at the same time, watching tv and typing on the keyboard
I always watch TV while working on my cars... Things go wrong though. Like when pre-threading a rear lower bearing block with an M4 screw while watching something interesting. I didn't stop threading and split the lower part of the bearingblock. I also always forget putting the belts on before mounting the diffs and bearingblocks. Thats the real reason why the 710 has easy accesible diffs!

Talking about screws...for those looking for Ti screws, The Border has added some for prices that ain't half bad, a least the shorter ones.
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/home.php?cat=617
Old 09-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello.
I just got back from Orchard Beach parking lot (Bronx NY). It was my first day with Seprent 710. I got there like 7 am and decided to break-in the engine. Piston was sitting so tight and I couldnt start it with my starterbox. Good thing is that i had my Triton with me so i was able to recharge starterbox batteries. Finaly, when i was ready to give up the engine starts. After couple tanks with HSN adjusted to the rich side i decided to lean it and brought her to the limit. Oh man, this baby flies. I really enjoy it.
I still need to adjust geometry and a brake a bit. It looks like the left rear wheel has more grip when i hit the brake. Im also planing on installing fron shaft lock.
How can i determine my driving skills and how can i know when im ready to take it to the track and drive with others?
I know it takes time and practice, and i can imagine that newbie driver can be anoying at the track thats why i want to take a time at the parking lot and go there when im ready for it.
Thank You all for great support.
Max
Old 09-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Sorry to interupt your discussion but I need some helt with a desicion

For the moment I race a pretty worn out Impulse Pro which is in need of an all new drivetrain.. And after seeing the prices on those things I'm thinking of buying a new 710 from the HK.
My question is, would it be worth the extra money (remember, I'm 13 years old and have like 40 bucks a month) or would it be fine just to change the most worn out parts on my Impulse and keep on with that one?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Tricky question, how to determine when you are ready to do battle at the track. I'd say that you alrady have the right attitude by saying you want to practice before attempting to race. Practice is a good thing, but remember, there is no better way to learn how to race than to actually put your car out there in traffic and try it out. Once you are comfortable with controlling the car, I'd say find a local race that has the flavour of being a sportsmans class or novice class and go for it. If you are at a decent track, there is always someone at the track that will be more than willing to talk race strategy with you and brief you on the do:s and don't:s. Good luck and hang in there. Learing how to race is one of the most exciting parts of an RC career. (and after all these years, I am still learning too...) As for your brake issue, I suggest you look at (or have someone look at) how your droop settings and tweak setting look like. The car breaking out to one side during breaking means either you break too hard, or tweak or droop is off.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Hey NT, go 710
Old 09-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Woho, that was a really fast reply

I'm almost sure I buy a 710 in the winter, only by looking on pics of it I'm getting in love with it and all of it's features
Old 09-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: New parts online

Originally posted by InitialD
Bodymount Front 710 allu
Bodymount 710 rear allu
I would never have thought that Serpent came out with these kind of parts.
Are you incredible negative?
Old 09-25-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by New_Toasted

I'm almost sure I buy a 710 in the winter, only by looking on pics of it I'm getting in love with it and all of it's features
After you buy it, maybe you should come up to my workshop and we can build it together. I know a few trixxx....
Old 09-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

I would love to! I'll talk to my parents, and as soon as they give me a full "go" I'll let you know!

Have a nice evening
Old 09-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sn4il
Hello.
I just got back from Orchard Beach parking lot (Bronx NY). It was my first day with Seprent 710. I got there like 7 am and decided to break-in the engine. Piston was sitting so tight and I couldnt start it with my starterbox. Good thing is that i had my Triton with me so i was able to recharge starterbox batteries. Finaly, when i was ready to give up the engine starts. After couple tanks with HSN adjusted to the rich side i decided to lean it and brought her to the limit. Oh man, this baby flies. I really enjoy it.
I still need to adjust geometry and a brake a bit. It looks like the left rear wheel has more grip when i hit the brake. Im also planing on installing fron shaft lock.
How can i determine my driving skills and how can i know when im ready to take it to the track and drive with others?
I know it takes time and practice, and i can imagine that newbie driver can be anoying at the track thats why i want to take a time at the parking lot and go there when im ready for it.
Thank You all for great support.
Max
If you don't want to annoy those seasoned guys at the track you can start by just laying out simple tracks in a parking lot. When you're comfortable driving figures 8s, oval, etc then go ahead to the track. Don't have to worry too much once you know the basics and can drive with the car away from you, towards you and left-right as well as right-left in front of you.

At the track watch what the others do especially flow direction etc. You'll amazed how many beginners show up at a track for the first time and not only they can't steer the car but go in the opposite direction to everyone else.

What you'll find a lot of seasoned and fast drivers appreciate is that you move aside when a faster car comes up from behind. This is a good habit to learn anyway because it is common courtesy during the heats in a proper race that slower cars have to move aside for a faster one.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry to interupt your discussion but I need some helt with a desicion

For the moment I race a pretty worn out Impulse Pro which is in need of an all new drivetrain.. And after seeing the prices on those things I'm thinking of buying a new 710 from the HK.
My question is, would it be worth the extra money (remember, I'm 13 years old and have like 40 bucks a month) or would it be fine just to change the most worn out parts on my Impulse and keep on with that one?

Thanks
With that kind of "disposible" income, I'd say you stick with the Impulse for now. Then beg for a 710 for Christmas, sell the Impulse on EBay and use the money to get some spares for the 710.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Its a superb car. Barring problems with bad luck, I'm going as far as saying it'll be World Champion in Brazil next month.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

The season is alreday over here in Sweden so the Impulse be a pensioner from now. But I don't have the heart to sell it since I really love it, but since it's getting worn I think it would be best for it to end it's racing life this winter to sit on a warm table without getting runaways at full throttle and such things
Old 09-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

The season is alreday over here in Sweden so the Impulse be a pensioner from now. But I don't have the heart to sell it since I really love it, but since it's getting worn I think it would be best for it to end it's racing life this winter to sit on a warm table without getting runaways at full throttle and such things
If you're not going to be able to race/drive during the winter then I suggest waiting till spring before buying your 710 ... trust me.

So for Christmas .... request a $500 cheque instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.