Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

It is always fun looking at something like the Worlds to see the new cool stuff. But that release pressure sometimes means that the item does not get the time it should've taken to get things perfect.

I've never been disappointed by a TLR product....Keep on keep'n on....and I'll buy whatever new release comes out...when it's ready.

I was just joking around above with that time travel thing.....to anyone who's been around RC for a while, those guys asking about release dates and hurry to upgrade existing cars seem to become the running joke at any given time.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Astro Turf/Carpet setups for scte 2.0

Hello all,

Anyone have a link they could please post to a good setup sheet for astro turf/carpet for the scte 2.0?

Thx in advance,
Tharen
Old 11-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duunga
Hello all,

Anyone have a link they could please post to a good setup sheet for astro turf/carpet for the scte 2.0?

Thx in advance,
Tharen
Not an astro setup but sugar is not too far.

http://casper-rc.com/TLR_Ten-SCTE.htm

Ref Dunford Sugar setup.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duunga
Hello all,

Thx in advance,
Tharen
Theres one on page 458 of this thread if your only doing carpet racing with your truck. The setup casper listed would be excellent as well especially if you are going to be racing on dirt surfaces as well. You might be able to get by with just ride height changes depending on where your at. You want to get a tire designed for carpet racing. A tire designed for a dirt or clay track won't grip as well and the sidewall will tend to fold under while cornering which can contribute to a rollover. As far as I know you have basically three choices:
1. The proline pinpoint. I liked this tire. The quality is very good. These tires come with the proline blue closed cell foams.

2. Dboots nanobyte. I've used these a few times. They don't come with foams and the fit around the bead of the wheel kind of has gaps. Also the tires tend to kind of "peak" in the middle when I used them with closed cell foams. Good grip though.

3. Schumacher mini pins and mini spikes. These are available in blue (harder) and yellow (softer) compounds. The quality is very good. They don't come with foams.

Of these I like yellow mini pins the best. Depending on the traction of the surface you run on you will most likely be trimming the outer rows of pins. Lately I've been trimming off the outer row on the rears and outer 3 on the fronts. Another trick you could try is wrapping a good electrical tape (like super 33) on the outer shoulder of the tire. This will help the vehicle keep from rolling over if it gets up on two wheels.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

thx Casper
Old 11-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

thx cttech455
Old 11-26-2014, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
UM that is what MIP originally came out with and then rebranded the platform to try and start the Pro 8 class with light 2S 8th scale.

The weight balance of the MIP truck is slightly different then the SCTE 2.0 with battery placement and some other things in a little different location. TLR worked hard to optimise the placement of components for the SCTE 2.0 and feel it is better than the MIP but with all things like that, there is obviously different opinions as well as what people like for handling.
thanks casper I thought maybe it would change the handling to be a lil more agile like a Buggy or not .
Old 11-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtraycer
thanks casper I thought maybe it would change the handling to be a lil more agile like a Buggy or not .
The 8th scale tires are lighter and would help (if you local rules allow it) and the buggy body taking all the weight off the top of the car and the rear wing are all what make the buggy handle better.

The chassis layout really is not where the real handing benefit difference are between a SCT and a buggy.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
The weight balance of the MIP truck is slightly different then the SCTE 2.0 with battery placement and some other things in a little different location. TLR worked hard to optimise the placement of components for the SCTE 2.0 and feel it is better than the MIP but with all things like that, there is obviously different opinions as well as what people like for handling.
Either config is outstanding when you get it tweeked to your driving style and tastes. Tekno (while a nice design) has nothing on this truck.

The MIP camber and steering link kits eliminate a majority of the slop, last longer than the stock, and take away some weight.

The (already mentioned) area I'd like to see improved is access to the center diff and dual screws in the motor mount slider (like the Tekno design). Big outdoor jumps can lead to motor movement and spur destruction.....
Both are minor, but would be nice to see.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtraycer
That rather defeats the whole purpose of a short course truck. They are not supposed to be agile.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default MIP spring rates

Hi. I'm would like to know what the spring rates are for the MIP springs
Old 11-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

whats a good 2s lipo that gives plenty of power and run time for either of the scte's
Old 11-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojo 309
whats a good 2s lipo that gives plenty of power and run time for either of the scte's
Look for pretty big mah and high C rate for these trucks from a quality vendor, I have been using the SMC 7200mah packs in mine for the last year.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blade329
That rather defeats the whole purpose of a short course truck. They are not supposed to be agile.
whats the purpose then to drive like a brick ??? lol j/k everyone is always looking for that performance/handling edge.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:02 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan.J
Look for pretty big mah and high C rate for these trucks from a quality vendor, I have been using the SMC 7200mah packs in mine for the last year.
http://www.maxamps.com

http://www.hobbypartz.com/geaceha.html

This place has a few higher "C" rating batteries and their inexpensive, but I have had very good luck with them. Their plug-ins on the battery are a little funky but they won't come out.
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...0mah-2s-t.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.