Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

I've just noticed parts and stuff can be hard to come bye.I think this kit should have came with the aluminum shock caps. That plastic cap ball stud thing is something I would expect to see on a backyard basher. Not a race kit.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4s losi
Ya. I'm kinda regretting buying this buggy because of all this and I haven't even hit the track with it yet. Lol
Oh this buggy is awesome. You'll love it. I've had mine out about dozen times the last few months. Had no issues, but part support is not great. "Late April" for some basic extra parts is unacceptable. Just my opinion. I'd love to put titanium turnbuckles on it but ball caps aren't available. But it's not entirely necessary. I'll just wait.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This kit should have come with the al caps, a better steering rack , and clamping hexs. Its a tough car , I will give it that , but the constant parts hunt and upgrade conversations about what the car needs to be good ran me off.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ran mine for almost a full year (Indoor and Outdoor) on the stock shock caps with no issues, I think in that time it popped off only once or twice. At the star of Indoor this year back in September I ordered the front AL caps.

Probably the best upgrade I've done so far is the Schelle Carbon stretch chassis. The car handles the rough stuff soo much better and can drive it harder in and out of the corners.

The Exotek steering rack I just added back in October and feels nice and helped eliminate a lot of the steering slop.

For those complaining about the ball cups, look at getting the AE Ball Cups and the AE Ball Studs (2pks of the 8mm ones)

There's no real need IMO for Titanium turnbuckles unless you just want to spend the money on something fancy.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I've just noticed parts and stuff can be hard to come bye.I think this kit should have came with the aluminum shock caps. That plastic cap ball stud thing is something I would expect to see on a backyard basher. Not a race kit.
I've been running the plastic caps for quite a while, over a year now. They are solid. Once in a while I"ll pop them off and put them back on. As a rule I always replace ball cups after I pop them, however I dont' worry about the shock caps as much. I just don't have issues with them, they are solid!

The D413 is one of the most advanced cars out there in terms of design. Get your's on the track!
Old 02-29-2016, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've recently upgraded to the Schelle stretch carbon chassis, it really makes the car more stable and it jumps much flatter and is more stabile. Highly recommended.

I'd definitely suggest an alternate for the ball cup/ball stud combo as this is where the majority of the car's slop comes from. Also the exotek bushing set and steering rack is near must have to eliminate the slop. I'm not one to try and make everything super tight, a little bit of slop is a good thing! A really tight car won't perform and will be hard to drive.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is bending/warping the front and rear drive shafts common for the d413? Wondering if I should buy a set of each for spares. Also the center drive shafts (front and rear). The rear center shaft was slightly tweaked when I bought the buggy used. I replaced both centers but wondering if I should get another set for backup.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Finally had a chance to run with the Schelle extended aluminum chassis. Car was good before, but I think it really benefits from the extended length and stiffness. I also put the Avid carbon fiber plates in the arms and that helped as well. The car seems much more consistent and predictable now, but still very strong.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Is bending/warping the front and rear drive shafts common for the d413? Wondering if I should buy a set of each for spares. Also the center drive shafts (front and rear). The rear center shaft was slightly tweaked when I bought the buggy used. I replaced both centers but wondering if I should get another set for backup.
I haven't bent any of my shafts.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What's the difference, pro/cons between the carbon extended chassis and the aluminum extended chassis. I will be using mine for both indoor carpet and outdoor dirt.
Thanks
Old 02-29-2016, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lala4fire
What's the difference, pro/cons between the carbon extended chassis and the aluminum extended chassis. I will be using mine for both indoor carpet and outdoor dirt.
Thanks
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I would think the carbon chasis will have more flex and would work better in dirt and the alum chasis would be most beneficial on carpet. But.... I just got mine all freshened up (bought used on rct) and it has the schelle Carbon on it now. But I also just picked up the alum. I run on indoor med clay. I am going to try both chasis'. I think the alum would also be good on dirt and clay too. I mean most other 4wd buggies use alum chasis'. Is the d413 the only one that comes stock with a carbon chasis?
Old 02-29-2016, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure the intent of the AL chassis is for high bite tracks and indoor carpet.

I have the Schelle Carbon chassis and I run it indoor dirt and outdoors on 1/8 tracks.
The chassis works great and handles rough sections outdoors just fine.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Where did you get the aluminum shock caps? I've been searching everywhere.

I use the associated caps from page 1 or 2. and the associated standoff. the only thing i did different from the post was a i add the team durango shock gap o-rings(TD330028)
Old 02-29-2016, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by anythinggas
I use the associated caps from page 1 or 2. and the associated standoff. the only thing i did different from the post was a i add the team durango shock gap o-rings(TD330028)
Cool. I will check that out.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default D413 Buggy & Parts

I just pick up the buggy and have had it out a couple times and loving it. Seems easy to work on and no ball diffs to deal with. One very disappointing issue is the parts availability. Really!!!! Can't get some parts until end of April.😤 When those parts come in they will be sold out within days and we will be back in the same situation.👎 Has this always been the issue with this buggy? If so I guess I might have to return to Losi. Man.....I really like this buggy too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.