Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Got to admit, that's funny, but you better not let that happen Clint.
I'm sure it won't be it amazes me that all these xray guys are talking trash but not one Xray guy is in the challenge Harsh runs a RDX and just bought a T2 but he doesn't count since we know the only way he stands a chance is to run his RDX

STEP UP DAL AND BE THE MAN ROBERT WON'T!!!!!! I CHALLENGE YOU!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TOASTY!
Old 01-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'm sure it won't be it amazes me that all these xray guys are talking trash but not one Xray guy is in the challenge Harsh runs a RDX and just bought a T2 but he doesn't count since we know the only way he stands a chance is to run his RDX

Camera ready.....standing by.........

Old 01-24-2006, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
No, not really. Sunday morning I should have got up and drove home (broken car, hacking, etc)... But it wasn't a complete loss. My car showed it had the pace to make the "A" even if the driver didn't .
Well then Petey, you shouldn't hack people if you don't want to break your car!!

Almost got my EC finished, just got the electrics to put in. Looking forward to running it.

Iain
Old 01-24-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Converting a Mi2 to an EC

Due to financial constraints I can't aford to buy a second Mi2Ec outright (I managed to con the wife into letting me get the first!) ao I was thinking is it possible to buy some ot the components for the EC bit buy bit and upgrade the std Mi2? i'm going to start this month with the 4 corners so looking at the hubs, then next month the diff carriers & bearings etc, the rest of the transmission and finish with the chassis and top deck. Can I have you thoughts... i know it will be more expensive in the long run but would give me something to do over the coming months

Cheers
Paul
Old 01-24-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

finaly got my mi2ec sorted on sunday. it is a awsom car wen its set up for the track lol just took a bit of time to get it ther..,... altho im runing the steel driveshafts in the front now . i bent one front 1 (was a hard hit from a car head on lol also destryed the whol side of the front, hub wishbone and c-hub etc.. opps) then 1 of them the axle just destryed its self.
so iv gone for the steel in the front with a spool apart from that i am very happy with the car and its super smooth and easy to drive

thanks for the help on getin the car griping last week all

cheers
bob
Old 01-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mutley001
Due to financial constraints I can't aford to buy a second Mi2Ec outright (I managed to con the wife into letting me get the first!) ao I was thinking is it possible to buy some ot the components for the EC bit buy bit and upgrade the std Mi2? i'm going to start this month with the 4 corners so looking at the hubs, then next month the diff carriers & bearings etc, the rest of the transmission and finish with the chassis and top deck. Can I have you thoughts... i know it will be more expensive in the long run but would give me something to do over the coming months

Cheers
Paul
To completely convert an Mi2 over, you'd spend a lot more than a kit costs.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
TOASTY!
LOVE the avatar Matt!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST

Yea I'm 99.999999999999999999% sure I'll be driving the RDX for the MC ...I'll try the T2 Sat morning, but I don't have enough time, nor is there any tunning parts (or spares for that matter ) to get it as dialed as the RDX before the MC starts (hey MC, EC ...pretty damn close, coincidence??) ...even after there are setups, parts, etc for the T2, I'm strongly suspecting that I will end up going RDX on carpet, T2 on asphalt.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Advil
LOVE the avatar Matt!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!
thanks. Stlnlst has threatened legal action against me for using it but I won't let him intimidate me
Old 01-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
thanks. Stlnlst has threatened legal action against me for using it but I won't let him intimidate me
He get's his legal work done by the dudes at the shelters, they're not all that good.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mutley001

Cheers
Paul
Well you can't really do it in that order, actually I don't think you can convert the MI2 to an EC at all. The trans layshaft mounts don't line up on the chassis. The hubs will make your car too narrow. Run your car as is till you can get an EC. Sorry, just don't think it is feasible to do it.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cheers Jon & Cornerspeed

Thanks for the info, maybe i'll look at the credit card a bit more closely and see it i can find a spare 300 quid for a 2nd EC without the wife finding out!!!!!

Paul
Old 01-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Rookie

in need of a setup for asphalt, got a great tight small carpet one, will that do for outside, as we tried it in a car park and it dint nowt but driff and spin, great fun but not somat we need for a race.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Adrian....did you see the thread about the Japaneese switching to 4 cell? Wonder where I have heard that before

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.