Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sands
Makes the roll of the rear end deaper and slower to transition. It will promote understeer mid corner because there will be more weight transfer to the outside rear at the middle of the corner. It will also make the outside rear unload slower. On exit, it may behave as though the damping is too mismatched between the front and the rear end, where the front end wants to go, but the rear end is still stuck. Basically it might be squirly if you take it too far.
You are the man!

I take it when the (long)upper link is paralel with lower arm.
That is how Surikarn setup all of his touring car, stiff as hell and smooth as hell (with his long parallel arm). He said that kind of setup is more "fluid-cornering".
Mr Sands, do you ever try: still with same long upper link but this time angled down(inward) how is the handling?
Im kind a lazy to try it myself.
Thank you.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SMcpot
Neil:
Comparing the Evo 2 to my TC3, the slightly more symmetrical (similar lower shock positions and arms front and back) design of the suspension on the TC3 does lend itself to being stiffer given the same springs and oils. I haven't driven the TC3 yet, so I'm eager to find out if it will have enough steering.
Cool, let me know how it goes.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SMcpot
Goldfinger:
Thanks for the advice....I've already got the max amount of kick-up in front, and a fellow racer gave me the aluminum upper hinge pin mounts that he no longer uses, so I figure I'll play with the caster and roll center, in addition to trying to free up the rear. It's got great turn-in, just not enough on-power steering.

Cool, stiffen rear diff might help.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: servo FC

Originally posted by jeff19
Hi all I need some imput as to what servo are you all running in the FC thanks Jeff
I run the Airtronics 94357 in my cars and like them. Quick transit time and plenty of torque.

Rob
Old 08-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

i finally got my xray car and all i can say is "holy-rail-ride-batman", i mean after only putting about a weeks work into a foam setup this car is so smooth and easy to tune and drive, and im suprised that i havent broken anything yet, i think by now my losi or pro4 would have hit the dust with all the hard hits that ive taken with my xray..... idk i think a t1 FK is im my future....

lazybot
Old 08-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Xrays are tough that's why i like em
Old 08-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, what's the part number for the bottom chassis which comes with the fk kit

Chazz
Old 08-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

are u talking about the new one that only has the six slots in the back or the one that comes in the factory kit?
Old 08-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Chazz
Hi, what's the part number for the bottom chassis which comes with the fk kit

Chazz
Is this it?

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=852
Old 08-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TC3 driver ...wants change of pace

I've owned a TC3 for almost 5 years and I think I've hit a wall. Im stuck in Sportsman class and can't get any higher. I see Xrays at my track and they seem to be so aggressive on the track. I use torace at SoCal raceway ( tight, technical asphault ) I think I wana switch but I really need some info from a driver whos owned one and races at a decent level of skill. Is the drive train free? How does it hook up on carpet? Is it hard to set-up? How strong is its parts? Does the chassis flex alot or is it rock solid? How does it do overall , mostly in stock racing?

If anyone can answer my question that would be great....

p.s don't say all cars are at a high level of performance because I know you have a personal preference on which car.

Peace out

Last edited by rustler753; 08-07-2004 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

I also am in stock and will probably stay there cause I enjoy it so much.

Last night was my first race with the car.

I did TQ and win the A and Second in the AA.

That was the same position I was in the week before with my Losi XXX-S.

BUT the car handles a ton better than the Losi and is so free its unbelievable.

Belt cars, i have heard, are much better on the infield that might be the step up you are looking for.

The 3 things that have help me the most in RC racing are batteries, tuned motors and balance.

Balance is the key for driving IMO and the Xray allows you to be the most balance. As close as possible to equal weight on each tire.

If Losi Lunatic is reading this he can tell you even more, once he taught me how to balance my Losi I was at ease with the car and now with a better balancing car with the xray its just that much easier to drive.

I hope this makes sense little tired while writing this .
Old 08-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

I run outdoor not on carpet, but i like the xray because

1.)Steering. It turns so well on and off throttle, and this really helps in stock with alot of full throttle corners. Off throtle, the car rotates very fast but the rear is planted. I was amazed when i traveled to one of the faster tracks at the speed it would turn at the end of the straight.

2.)Parts. Very easy for me to get parts. Always a big plus. Thats if i ever brake anything (yeah there tuff as).

3.)Speed. Very free drive line.

4.)Balance. Perfect.

5.)Luck. When i stopped using my old car i stopped the DNF's. With my xray i haven't finished lower then 2nd, at club level, probbly low A's at larger events. Which is rather large improvement on my previous car.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was wondering Tom....were do you get parts for the Xray T1? Im interested nwo with this feedback i got from my question ( read post above) and I think Im starting to like the T1 more and more every day. I just would like to know is there a reliable online source to buy thing like tower hobbies ( they don't carry xray but a good company).

Bye the way ...people can still feel free to answer my question above...more feedback I get the more sure I am of the car.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

errrmmm...sorry double post....delete this one please
Old 08-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/

Great stock and selection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.