Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

funny, I have been to that warehouse I think. And it could not happen to a nicer guy. I met Ralph and he is a great guy to talk to. And he runs at the local carpet track from time to time.

He also pits in the room just next to ours. Soo cool for me

www.xray-usa.com
Old 08-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had a cracking weekends racing with my xray, finished 6th in the A on saturday after breaking it near the end of the final. And 2nd in the A main on a cooler sunday with light rain half way through the race, which made the surface "interesting" in practice i broke a few bits and pieces but i was wondering is there a technique to removing the dogbones and bearings from broken steering blocks, i have tried tapping it with a hammer but it just wont budge.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by berger
Had a cracking weekends racing with my xray, finished 6th in the A on saturday after breaking it near the end of the final. And 2nd in the A main on a cooler sunday with light rain half way through the race, which made the surface "interesting" in practice i broke a few bits and pieces but i was wondering is there a technique to removing the dogbones and bearings from broken steering blocks, i have tried tapping it with a hammer but it just wont budge.
Thats why you should have gotten the Spring Steel Hubs. Those dont expand, which pinches the bearings, making it nearly impossible to get them out with out damaging them.

-Kevin
Old 08-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

get a very small file and file down the duraluminum axel until they come out of the sterring knuckle. make sure not to use too much force when taping, you will destroy the bearing race if too much pressure.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Get the spring steel axles. Throw away the broken units.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

do we have part numbers on the steel one?

thanks
Old 08-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Here you go:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=528
Old 08-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Neil,

Now these are for front and back or just back?

thanks again.

Nick
Old 08-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JohnMatrix
Thanks Neil,

Now these are for front and back or just back?

thanks again.

Nick
You use the larger rear hubs in the front c-hub. If you are using the PB suspension, then use the smaller hubs.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Anyone had this happen? howd ya fix it?

I have the spring steel hubs in the front of my car and have a small problem.

I usually run CS premounts and I have a bunch of the old spoke style as well as some of the new bbs style wheels. I have the proper screws and the small bevel washers to fix inside the smaller opening in those wheels. That being said here's my problem, no matter how hard I turn the screw, trust me its on there when i put it on he track, sometimes either one of the front wheels will go flying off during a race. Has anyone else had this happen to them? It has happened to me 4-5 times this year that I know of in the A main and happened this past Sunday. There is nothing worse than knowing you have a decent car out there only to watch a wheel go flying off your car to end your race. Any REAL suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

I would try using thread lock. I have had the wheel fly off but it's been because I forgot to tighten just before the race.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

are you putting the concave washers on the correct way?
Old 08-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Regional Moderator

I have thought about that but I didnt know if I should buy another set of spring steel hubs, thought maybe mine are wallowed out or something
Old 08-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dontfeelcold
are you putting the concave washers on the correct way?
Yea, I have 10 sets of the small mount screwsets. I put new ones on every 4th race or so....when i notice the washers start to flatten out.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ive never had my wheels come off except for when i didnt use the washers, and the washers i use are ancient, some of them a couple of years old from an Evo2. crank the screws up some more. or get someone else to do it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.