Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by spongerX
How does the Diggity Wide brace v2 mount to the stock chassis? Do you have to drill new holes in the chassis further towards the outside edge?
No, it uses the original holes to attach to the chassis, no drilling needed
Old 03-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=spongerX;7179197]How does the Diggity Wide brace v2 mount to the stock chassis? Do you have to drill new holes in the chassis further towards the outside edge?[/QUOTE

The brace uses the existing holes in your chassis. Your existing battery hold down will fasten to the new brace via it's own holes in the brace. The brace comes with two aluminum bushings that hold the brace up (between the chassis and the brace) as to create a "pocket" for the lipo box to seat in.
It is really quite clever and it is made of carbon fiber, it weighs nothing. And you will need to use your own screws and nuts (2 total).

Last edited by robsryd; 03-26-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:09 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ran my TC5R today at are local indoor asphalt track and it worked way better than expected. My previous TC5s never really worked for me at this track and just caused me alot of grief. Well this one is 100% better and is very stock as far as it has no hopups on it.

Only things I see I want to change it put in another spool but not a slipper type spool that is in it now as I think for me it will be a little more consistant. Also want to get a lipo tray and I think thats about it. Overall I was happy with the car and now a few changes and it should keep getting better. Only ran a few packs thru during racing and decided early on that I wasn't going to spend any money on this car unless it showed me something and it did. I'm still surprised that it was super competitive.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

I had similar issues with my First few runs with my TC5R a year ago. Nothing but grief. After a lot of STARING at the car and looking it over I realized that my sway bars were "binding" creating a very "tight" set up. Once I righted the sway bar issue the car came to life, in a big way. I realized that when I built the sway bars, they did not move freely. So I removed the front one and loosened the rear one. I must tell you that A.E. should clue you in that you do not need a front sway bar with the TC5R. It was the only major issue I found with the car, mainly caused by builder error. Two tips: NO front sway bar and keep the spool tight. These worked wonders for me, hope they do for you all as well. Once I drove the car with these two changes, I was passing Losi's AND X-ray's! Man did that feel good!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by robsryd
I had similar issues with my First few runs with my TC5R a year ago. Nothing but grief. After a lot of STARING at the car and looking it over I realized that my sway bars were "binding" creating a very "tight" set up. Once I righted the sway bar issue the car came to life, in a big way. I realized that when I built the sway bars, they did not move freely. So I removed the front one and loosened the rear one. I must tell you that A.E. should clue you in that you do not need a front sway bar with the TC5R. It was the only major issue I found with the car, mainly caused by builder error. Two tips: NO front sway bar and keep the spool tight. These worked wonders for me, hope they do for you all as well. Once I drove the car with these two changes, I was passing Losi's AND X-ray's! Man did that feel good!!!
Next time I run the car I will try it without the swaybars on it. I see alot of the setups posted don't use swaybars so I will try it out next time. I have alot of things I want to try since the car seems to worth working on and making better. For the price I paid and it keeps working like it did it is a steal.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks to Keven H.

I will like to thank Keven H. for the great support and the awsome setup for the electric Carpet On Road Nationals. Drivers like him are the ones that make Team Associated the best company in the R/C market!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Gearing for 17.5t spur & pinion?

Hey there guys, was just wondering what size pinion and spur I sould go to, as I'm jumping up to stock class with my TC5, the track has got a long very fast straight with a couple of tight corners but a very flowing track.
If anyone knows any spur pinion combos that would be awesome
Cheers
Old 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a local guy trying to sell me a car he says is a TC5 the first TC5 according to him and its all blue anodized parts and carbon fiber or whatever chassis but its a shaft drive not belt drive but he says its a TC5???? He wants $150 for it as a roller and when i told him TC5 have belts he said shaft is better then belt cause the belts fall off????
Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hijinx
Hey there guys, was just wondering what size pinion and spur I sould go to, as I'm jumping up to stock class with my TC5, the track has got a long very fast straight with a couple of tight corners but a very flowing track.
If anyone knows any spur pinion combos that would be awesome
Cheers
What speedie? Because I run 17.5 with the LRP TC spec I was geared at 3.5 FDR with Tekin RS v200 I was geared to 4.2 FDR, and with Tekin RS v203 I'm currently geared to 6.7 FDR and I know there are others gearing into the 8's with 17.5 where I race because of the Tekin RS ESC.

Originally Posted by Xander Bolanos
I have a local guy trying to sell me a car he says is a TC5 the first TC5 according to him and its all blue anodized parts and carbon fiber or whatever chassis but its a shaft drive not belt drive but he says its a TC5???? He wants $150 for it as a roller and when i told him TC5 have belts he said shaft is better then belt cause the belts fall off????
Almost sounds like a FT TC4 thats if its an AE car. I've been running my TC5 since June last year and never had a belt fall off and I've only destroyed one rear belt in that time (I race outdoor only) so he's doing something wrong.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Sounds like he is trying to take advantage of ya. TC5 was never a shaft car. Maybe when the big dogs were first testing a new chassis but I doubt he would have any sort of prototype. I would agree that if it is an Associated car its more than likely a TC4 or older TC3 with conversion chassis. Id say offer him $100 if he has spares and its in good cond. Otherwise hold out for a TC5 if thats what you want. $200 or so is the current price on a good used one. Price will start going down on used ones when they start announcing dates on the new one later this year.

Good luck.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

It is not a TC5.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Its not a TC5

It is not a TC5, belts do not felt of the cars. Even gas cars use belts!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:52 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Rick Hohwart any idea when the TC5 lipo trays will be shipping out to distributors? I checked witht he standard ditributors we use and showing late March so wondering if they will have any in the next few days?

Thanks
Brian
Old 03-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to know as well on the Lipo Tray. I ordered mine well over a month ago from my LHS and they told me the same thing about it being available late March.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by wcalaker
I would like to know as well on the Lipo Tray. I ordered mine well over a month ago from my LHS and they told me the same thing about it being available late March.
I checked the distributors as of last night and neither Horizon or Great Planes showed them in stock and still said late March. Might go the Diggity Designs way if its going to be to much longer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.