Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Border R/C stay away...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default The Border R/C stay away...

Hate to say this, this is the first and only online webshop that has let me down. They charged $15 US shipping for something that does not weigh more than 80 grams. This does not bother me, I have paid outrageous shipping for international packages. But every time I do, it is justified. 3 dollars, that's how much they spent on shipping on my package.

Want to know the worst part? After I received my item, I got the bearings I ordered and ONE head gasket, while I ordered 2. The best part about all of this, they didn't refunded my money to my credit card, they gave me a "coupon". What good will a freaking $2 coupon do, when I have to spend $15 dollars on shipping again??? Thats the whole point on buying things at the same time to save on shipping!

The thing that bothers me most is that they made this WHOLE thing without even bothering to send me an email. The only notification I got was a little piece of paper giving me the coupon code number and that "we are sorry".

Honestly, I would've expected a system similar to RC-Mushroom. RC-Mushroom took the time to send me an email stating that one of the items I ordered was out of stock (even though the system said it did), and gave ME, yes... ME. The opportunity to wait for said item and ship it all at once, OR... Ship it at that moment and give me a store credit. Whats different? They gave ME, the customer, the CHOICE. The only part about this that pissed me off is that I got an email about 2 days after I wanted my package shipped, that the item was back in stock.... But hey, it happens and I got all the information I needed to make my choice.

Oh, I forgot to mention I already sent them two emails saying I want the refund back on my credit card, or my item shipped for no cost, (I aint paying $15 again just for the fun of it).

So, please becareful when dealing with these types of shops.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpenteer
Hate to say this, this is the first and only online webshop that has let me down. They charged $15 US shipping for something that does not weigh more than 80 grams. This does not bother me, I have paid outrageous shipping for international packages. But every time I do, it is justified. 3 dollars, that's how much they spent on shipping on my package.

Want to know the worst part? After I received my item, I got the bearings I ordered and ONE head gasket, while I ordered 2. The best part about all of this, they didn't refunded my money to my credit card, they gave me a "coupon". What good will a freaking $2 coupon do, when I have to spend $15 dollars on shipping again??? Thats the whole point on buying things at the same time to save on shipping!

The thing that bothers me most is that they made this WHOLE thing without even bothering to send me an email. The only notification I got was a little piece of paper giving me the coupon code number and that "we are sorry".

Honestly, I would've expected a system similar to RC-Mushroom. RC-Mushroom took the time to send me an email stating that one of the items I ordered was out of stock (even though the system said it did), and gave ME, yes... ME. The opportunity to wait for said item and ship it all at once, OR... Ship it at that moment and give me a store credit. Whats different? They gave ME, the customer, the CHOICE. The only part about this that pissed me off is that I got an email about 2 days after I wanted my package shipped, that the item was back in stock.... But hey, it happens and I got all the information I needed to make my choice.

Oh, I forgot to mention I already sent them two emails saying I want the refund back on my credit card, or my item shipped for no cost, (I aint paying $15 again just for the fun of it).

So, please becareful when dealing with these types of shops.
I have had similar experiences with them. I'm surprised you got an answer to your e-mails, I have sent them many with no reply. They do have a lot of stuff. But its my opinion they are rediculously high on prices and especially prices. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedracer1bp

I have had similar experiences with them. I'm surprised you got an answer to your e-mails, I have sent them many with no reply. They do have a lot of stuff. But its my opinion they are rediculously high on prices and especially prices. Thanks for the info!
I haven't had an answer to my emails... They sent a piece of paper inside the package with the "sorry note".
Old 03-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpenteer
I haven't had an answer to my emails... They sent a piece of paper inside the package with the "sorry note".
What was the cost of the gasket?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
I don't think the cost of the gasket is the issue. It is the cost of the shipping, and added rif-raf to put up with.
Obviously his final cost on the stuff they DID ship was increased per item as not all items wers shipped. Then he will have to pay another $15 to get what he wanted in the first place. And the annoying realization that they're actual cost of shipping was a fraction of what they charged....
Old 03-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I had bought from them one time.I ordered a mlc 908 body and the body was dented on one side and shipping took 1 month and cost 35 dollars.That was my one and only transaction with them.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bsmooth
The cost of the gasket was $2. Shipping on the other hand, is $15. So to make it cost-effective, I went ahead and ordered a set of steel bearings for my engine and a extra/spare gasket. But it back-fired.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Kidding me, a Gasket? That is why you should support your local hobby shop.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

.....Seriously, for a $2 gasket? I wouldn't be pissing myself over any of it. $15 seems a bit high, but maybe it was a handling charge added on.

Are you somewhere in Europe placing this order or are you here in the U.S.?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hello
Kidding me, a Gasket? That is why you should support your local hobby shop.
Yeah, I should support my local hobby shop which CANNOT get this gasket. Why? because not even Novarossi USA has it. I really dont want the $2 back, all I want is my gasket in a package shipped to me for no cost because it was not my fault or problem they did not made me aware that it was not in stock, through email or through their website. Im tired of this bull crap of they doing this so people keep making orders.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

I'm sure there is a hobby shop within the US that have this gasket you need, as you can see, even the border don't have it in stock.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hello
I'm sure there is a hobby shop within the US that have this gasket you need, as you can see, even the border don't have it in stock.
They do. I ordered 2, and got only 1. If you check their website, they dont report it as out of stock. What I believe that they do this so people have to make a 2nd order, pay $15 shipping again and at the same time buy some miscellanous things to make up for shipping. This, is what pisses me off.

Trust me, I have been to every online hobby shop there is, searched in google and the only place that had it was border...
Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/home.htm

Next time you need anything give Kamikaze a call, the usually have things like head gaskets, but its not on their site. Just give them a call.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Suspended

International shipping is always a problem related to cost, dont blame The Border for that. They can do this 2 way's, cheap (normal landpost without insurance) or expencive (fast with insurance). The first is not acceptable for delivery, what if it gets lost or takes to long? The second one is to expencive for small and cheap goods....

I ordered some parts from CRC some time ago from the US, it took 4 weeks and costed 50EUR for an order of 150$... Should I blame Callandra? No....

An internetshop is a business of parts distribution without personal contact, its cheap and normally fast. There is always a possibility that things go wrong, even in a real shop.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:01 AM
Tech Lord

Always Kamikaze, sometimes I realy think this forum IS Kamikaze....

But beside thad, never thought the ones of another brand will fit or can be made to fit ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.