R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 133
Default The Border R/C stay away...

Hate to say this, this is the first and only online webshop that has let me down. They charged $15 US shipping for something that does not weigh more than 80 grams. This does not bother me, I have paid outrageous shipping for international packages. But every time I do, it is justified. 3 dollars, that's how much they spent on shipping on my package.

Want to know the worst part? After I received my item, I got the bearings I ordered and ONE head gasket, while I ordered 2. The best part about all of this, they didn't refunded my money to my credit card, they gave me a "coupon". What good will a freaking $2 coupon do, when I have to spend $15 dollars on shipping again??? Thats the whole point on buying things at the same time to save on shipping!

The thing that bothers me most is that they made this WHOLE thing without even bothering to send me an email. The only notification I got was a little piece of paper giving me the coupon code number and that "we are sorry".

Honestly, I would've expected a system similar to RC-Mushroom. RC-Mushroom took the time to send me an email stating that one of the items I ordered was out of stock (even though the system said it did), and gave ME, yes... ME. The opportunity to wait for said item and ship it all at once, OR... Ship it at that moment and give me a store credit. Whats different? They gave ME, the customer, the CHOICE. The only part about this that pissed me off is that I got an email about 2 days after I wanted my package shipped, that the item was back in stock.... But hey, it happens and I got all the information I needed to make my choice.

Oh, I forgot to mention I already sent them two emails saying I want the refund back on my credit card, or my item shipped for no cost, (I aint paying $15 again just for the fun of it).

So, please becareful when dealing with these types of shops.
Serpenteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
speedracer1bp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpenteer View Post
Hate to say this, this is the first and only online webshop that has let me down. They charged $15 US shipping for something that does not weigh more than 80 grams. This does not bother me, I have paid outrageous shipping for international packages. But every time I do, it is justified. 3 dollars, that's how much they spent on shipping on my package.

Want to know the worst part? After I received my item, I got the bearings I ordered and ONE head gasket, while I ordered 2. The best part about all of this, they didn't refunded my money to my credit card, they gave me a "coupon". What good will a freaking $2 coupon do, when I have to spend $15 dollars on shipping again??? Thats the whole point on buying things at the same time to save on shipping!

The thing that bothers me most is that they made this WHOLE thing without even bothering to send me an email. The only notification I got was a little piece of paper giving me the coupon code number and that "we are sorry".

Honestly, I would've expected a system similar to RC-Mushroom. RC-Mushroom took the time to send me an email stating that one of the items I ordered was out of stock (even though the system said it did), and gave ME, yes... ME. The opportunity to wait for said item and ship it all at once, OR... Ship it at that moment and give me a store credit. Whats different? They gave ME, the customer, the CHOICE. The only part about this that pissed me off is that I got an email about 2 days after I wanted my package shipped, that the item was back in stock.... But hey, it happens and I got all the information I needed to make my choice.

Oh, I forgot to mention I already sent them two emails saying I want the refund back on my credit card, or my item shipped for no cost, (I aint paying $15 again just for the fun of it).

So, please becareful when dealing with these types of shops.
I have had similar experiences with them. I'm surprised you got an answer to your e-mails, I have sent them many with no reply. They do have a lot of stuff. But its my opinion they are rediculously high on prices and especially prices. Thanks for the info!
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp View Post


I have had similar experiences with them. I'm surprised you got an answer to your e-mails, I have sent them many with no reply. They do have a lot of stuff. But its my opinion they are rediculously high on prices and especially prices. Thanks for the info!
I haven't had an answer to my emails... They sent a piece of paper inside the package with the "sorry note".
Serpenteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
bsmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocklin, California
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpenteer View Post
I haven't had an answer to my emails... They sent a piece of paper inside the package with the "sorry note".
What was the cost of the gasket?
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
speedracer1bp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
What was the cost of the gasket?
I don't think the cost of the gasket is the issue. It is the cost of the shipping, and added rif-raf to put up with.
Obviously his final cost on the stuff they DID ship was increased per item as not all items wers shipped. Then he will have to pay another $15 to get what he wanted in the first place. And the annoying realization that they're actual cost of shipping was a fraction of what they charged....
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
sm1nts2escape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I had bought from them one time.I ordered a mlc 908 body and the body was dented on one side and shipping took 1 month and cost 35 dollars.That was my one and only transaction with them.
sm1nts2escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
What was the cost of the gasket?
The cost of the gasket was $2. Shipping on the other hand, is $15. So to make it cost-effective, I went ahead and ordered a set of steel bearings for my engine and a extra/spare gasket. But it back-fired.
Serpenteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Switzerland, Europe
Posts: 124
Default

Kidding me, a Gasket? That is why you should support your local hobby shop.
__________________
ich weiß
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
bsmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Rocklin, California
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

.....Seriously, for a $2 gasket? I wouldn't be pissing myself over any of it. $15 seems a bit high, but maybe it was a handling charge added on.

Are you somewhere in Europe placing this order or are you here in the U.S.?
bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
Kidding me, a Gasket? That is why you should support your local hobby shop.
Yeah, I should support my local hobby shop which CANNOT get this gasket. Why? because not even Novarossi USA has it. I really dont want the $2 back, all I want is my gasket in a package shipped to me for no cost because it was not my fault or problem they did not made me aware that it was not in stock, through email or through their website. Im tired of this bull crap of they doing this so people keep making orders.
Serpenteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #11
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Switzerland, Europe
Posts: 124
Default

I'm sure there is a hobby shop within the US that have this gasket you need, as you can see, even the border don't have it in stock.
__________________
ich weiß
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
I'm sure there is a hobby shop within the US that have this gasket you need, as you can see, even the border don't have it in stock.
They do. I ordered 2, and got only 1. If you check their website, they dont report it as out of stock. What I believe that they do this so people have to make a 2nd order, pay $15 shipping again and at the same time buy some miscellanous things to make up for shipping. This, is what pisses me off.

Trust me, I have been to every online hobby shop there is, searched in google and the only place that had it was border...
Serpenteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #13
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,842
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

http://kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/home.htm

Next time you need anything give Kamikaze a call, the usually have things like head gaskets, but its not on their site. Just give them a call.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:59 AM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

International shipping is always a problem related to cost, dont blame The Border for that. They can do this 2 way's, cheap (normal landpost without insurance) or expencive (fast with insurance). The first is not acceptable for delivery, what if it gets lost or takes to long? The second one is to expencive for small and cheap goods....

I ordered some parts from CRC some time ago from the US, it took 4 weeks and costed 50EUR for an order of 150$... Should I blame Callandra? No....

An internetshop is a business of parts distribution without personal contact, its cheap and normally fast. There is always a possibility that things go wrong, even in a real shop.
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #15
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,269
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Always Kamikaze, sometimes I realy think this forum IS Kamikaze....

But beside thad, never thought the ones of another brand will fit or can be made to fit ?
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 pre Nationals Crystal park r/c raceway reeso Nitro On-Road 145 03-15-2006 09:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net