Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Arrow LOSI SCTE GLENN CARLSON AT SUPERCUP 4/2012

HEAT 2
http://youtu.be/hpgaDkpBWFQ
Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Woody
so another observation I made while rebuilding my diffs this time.
I put in the new harden diff outdrives, so I don't know if the tolerances are a little better or what. I also put in new o-rings. I noticed there is significant less wobble in my center outdrives now.

We will see what they are like, once I get a run or two in and re-break in the diff a bit.
Thats another positive of the HD outdrives!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Woody
so another observation I made while rebuilding my diffs this time.
I put in the new harden diff outdrives, so I don't know if the tolerances are a little better or what. I also put in new o-rings. I noticed there is significant less wobble in my center outdrives now.

We will see what they are like, once I get a run or two in and re-break in the diff a bit.
I typically replace my diff cups on a service when I notice a ton of wobble. I really wish losi sold just the inner metal parts, more often than not this is all you would need to replace to have a "like new" diff as far as wobble is concerned.

PS +1 for keeping that center cvd as tight as possible on the rear and front diff pinions, as little as play as possible. I even tighten it down pull it out, loosen it up, slide it on tighter a few times to eliminate extra play when I don't have the diff apart. I have the kingheadz keepers on mine so there really isn't much to do at this point. I'll prolly only inspect during diff services, and if I take it off I'll be able to put it on holding the pinion w/ my finger.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Shimming the pinion has become a popular solution. I just don't remember what size shim.

Awesome Riverdale! That looks like a lot of fun. Your announcer gets way into it which probably turns it into a really fun thing to watch!

Since we're sharing vids, here's one my friend Rory took of me a while back at the Thanksgiving Throwdown way back in November at WestCoast, old, but this was a really fun layout. This was a pretty sloppy race right from the beginning, yikes lol That's ok, I had my fair share of sloppy driving too in this one. This particular race was hack or be hacked and a great example of why some people think it's a hacker class, but it really isn't usually this bad lol
Wow Scott, what a nightmare!! LOL Last time I was there It was the same Thats racing I guess in some people`s mind That one Kook stuffed you so hard right on yer lid, Wow!!!Thanx for sharing!! Anymore Vids Peeps? I miss Salad Fork`s vids as well!!!!See You soon Bro, Cheers!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
NICE VID!! Great job Glenn!!
That was pretty clean for such a small indoor track!! Love the payback right at the end Priceless!!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Shimming the pinion has become a popular solution. I just don't remember what size shim.
It's usually easier and better to shim the diff itself. More stable. Put the shim on the oppisite side as the ring gear behind the bearing thus forcing the entire diff to sit closer to your pinion gear. I'd make sure if you put a shim behind the pinion gear there is NO slop off the cvd, make sure it is pulled right tight so it can't move around at all or be forced back from the cvd.. maybe bending the cvd or causing other issues.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Thanx for sharing!! Anymore Vids Peeps?
Exciting West Coast R/C Raceway race with Chris Blais in 4WD Short Course having a close race with second place and only finishing in first place near the end. Racing on Proline tires bringing him to get the first position at the finish.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And a whole lot more!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Lon,

Thanks for the heads up. I might move the tray over a couple mm in the next batch. The KH chassis has an issue since they rotated the center diff too.

Chris
Just ordered 1 of these today and it isn't going in a SCTE so I should be fine.
It happens to the best of us, can't always be a 100% right
Old 05-03-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Here's my current setup

Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

How do the AKA Enduros work on a hard pack,high bite blue groove track?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by elex300
How do the AKA Enduros work on a hard pack,high bite blue groove track?
supersoft hook up great... enduro's are the 9th wonder of the world, they hook up on everything Almost as mind boggling as how the sc10 stock 2wd (original) tires hook up on everything from carpet to clay tracks as good as any tires. Little simple green prior to a race to clean and condition and they rock. I run the sc10 tires on all my indoor tracks and the endro's outside. If you don't have the money to spend on 15 different sets those are the two to have in the box. The enduro's actually hook up good on the clay too, but they don't wear as good as the sc10 tires, I'm sure they would work on carpet but hitting wood and carpet would kill the enduro tread.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
supersoft hook up great... enduro's are the 9th wonder of the world, they hook up on everything Almost as mind boggling as how the sc10 stock 2wd (original) tires hook up on everything from carpet to clay tracks as good as any tires. Little simple green prior to a race to clean and condition and they rock. I run the sc10 tires on all my indoor tracks and the endro's outside. If you don't have the money to spend on 15 different sets those are the two to have in the box. The enduro's actually hook up good on the clay too, but they don't wear as good as the sc10 tires, I'm sure they would work on carpet but hitting wood and carpet would kill the enduro tread.
I run outdoors in 75 degree plus weather. My go to tire is green Subcultures but I also keep a set of DD''s,Barcodes,and Wishbones. I want to add one more set to the line up.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Look out SNR , Integy have brought out a carbon top plate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iNTEGY-Car...6#ht_705wt_815

And alloy knuckles

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iNTEGY-Bil...d#ht_627wt_815

No thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Top Plate Screws to Diff

I was swapping my chassis and I noticed the screws that go from the top plate to the front diff have chipped out some of the material on the front diff case, on the rear side of where the screws go in.

It must have happened when I tweaked the front of my chassis.

Has anyone tried using a little longer screw going from the top plate to the front diff? It's holding "OK" for now but once I start jumping it may not be enough. There seems to be very few threads going into the front diff when the spacer is in there, even when everything is perfect.

I will replace the diff case when I have time but I am wondering if longer screws might work as a temporary fix to get me through the weekend.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake C6R
I was swapping my chassis and I noticed the screws that go from the top plate to the front diff have chipped out some of the material on the front diff case, on the rear side of where the screws go in.

It must have happened when I tweaked the front of my chassis.

Has anyone tried using a little longer screw going from the top plate to the front diff? It's holding "OK" for now but once I start jumping it may not be enough. There seems to be very few threads going into the front diff when the spacer is in there, even when everything is perfect.

I will replace the diff case when I have time but I am wondering if longer screws might work as a temporary fix to get me through the weekend.
Don't use longer screws as they will penetrate the diff case more and leave plastic chunks inside the diff case. Spend the $9 and get the diff case before you go adding bind and possibly blowing out your motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.