Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scarab
TRF Shock Question!!!!

There is an O-ring that goes under the piston (I guess it's a spacers of some kind) and then an O-ring that goes at the base of the shock body to seal the shock.

Do I use the black or clear O-rings at the bottom of the shock to seal it?

Scarab
Some people use the o rings on the top of the black seal to change the rebound of the shock. that is where the pink foam deal goes if you choose to put it in.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks everyone!

Scarab
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone know how much weight you can drop by changing to the 3racing graphite chassis? I'm keen on dropping the weight of my car.. as it stands now around the 1600g mark.. but just lookin at the biggest bang for buck way to drop some weight..

The xenon kit drops about 30g.. but i'd assume the 3racing kit drops a little more because it replaces the stiffners as well...

thanks,
el
Old 07-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

My TA-05 seems to oversteer A LOT. Anyone know what might be the problem? It also like a lot of attention when it comes to maintenance. It likes to jam up and rip up the front belt.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

With all this talk of 1600g, I figured since I had been running LiPo for so long that I had forgotten how much the car weighs with old school batteries. But having gone back and checked with regular 3700, pre-mounted Take-offs, a 4 color paint sceme body(more colors=more weight) and a personal transponder my car still only came out at 1534g fully loaded. So I'm not quite sure what hop ups people are adding to make it to 1600g.

I can understand if someone is running a brushless system, but other than that, I just don't understand how the car can make it to 1600g with Ti/alum screws, and composite graphite stuff all installed.

People need to let go of that alloy stuff. All those bulkheads, steering sets, hubs, suspension mounts, etc... may look cool. But if people are so worried about weight (why I don't know), then that stuff is only going to send them in the opposite direction of what they want to acheive.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by MK_Arbiter
My TA-05 seems to oversteer A LOT. Anyone know what might be the problem? It also like a lot of attention when it comes to maintenance. It likes to jam up and rip up the front belt.
Box stock, the TA05 has A LOT of steering. The first thing I would tell you to do is take out about 20%-25% of your steering dual rate. That way, your not changing anything chassis wise, so if you happen to need that extra steering, then its only a radio "click" away. BUT, if thats still not enough, then you can add a thicker sway bar up front, or stiffer springs up front/soft springs in the rear, and so on to get the rear more grip and take some away from the front.

Your TA05 shouldn't require much maintenance at all. The only thing that I've observed needs to be watched closely is the diffs. I'm not sure what you mean by the front belt "jaming up", but it sounds like a tension issue. Make sure that the front belt has the right tension and isn't too loose.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

The front belt seems to always get damaged either snapping entirely and wrapping around the pulley or getting frayed a lot. Today during a race, the front belt flipped itself over and got jammed in the front gearbox.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by MK_Arbiter
The front belt seems to always get damaged either snapping entirely and wrapping around the pulley or getting frayed a lot. Today during a race, the front belt flipped itself over and got jammed in the front gearbox.
I had read on this thread a few times about peoples belts flipping over, but it was almost always a tension issue.

I would suggest that go back and give the adjuster on the diffs a once over and make sure that they both are in the same notch, and that they are in the proper place. I think the stock setting for both front and rear is two notches "in" ("in" being toward the center of the car). I'm running the blue aramid belts loose on my car so I have both my diffs at one notch "in". Thats about as loose as I'm willing to go.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

I had the front belt at the stock setting and my black aramid belt snapped and wrapped around the centre pulley, so I'm running the belts tighter.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Arbiter, it has to be your belt tension. I ran my ta05 in gt-2 and gt-3 at the last TCS here and never encountered any problems. I run the stock belts with the adjustment cams set at one notch in. Give your front end the once over and let us know what you uncover.-Al
Old 07-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

once over?
Old 07-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Basically, completely disassemble your front end and inspect all the parts for fit and alignment. You can see the notches on the diff supports without disassembly though,do that first. if you are one or two notches in and the belt flips, give it the "once over"--Al
Old 07-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Initiate

My car is box stock.. the only hop ups i've got are a front one-way and trf shocks... what i was looking for was the most bang for buck weight reducing options.

el

Originally Posted by Darkseid
With all this talk of 1600g, I figured since I had been running LiPo for so long that I had forgotten how much the car weighs with old school batteries. But having gone back and checked with regular 3700, pre-mounted Take-offs, a 4 color paint sceme body(more colors=more weight) and a personal transponder my car still only came out at 1534g fully loaded. So I'm not quite sure what hop ups people are adding to make it to 1600g.

I can understand if someone is running a brushless system, but other than that, I just don't understand how the car can make it to 1600g with Ti/alum screws, and composite graphite stuff all installed.

People need to let go of that alloy stuff. All those bulkheads, steering sets, hubs, suspension mounts, etc... may look cool. But if people are so worried about weight (why I don't know), then that stuff is only going to send them in the opposite direction of what they want to acheive.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe it's cause it's too tight because i have all notches in. What would be good if the belt snaps at stock and tight. right in the middle? For my TA-05 oversteering, it likes to slide around a lot but the tires still have very good grip.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

at a guess, running your belt over tight would give you some strange handling problems. I think on my stock belts, I increased the tension on the rear one notch after the belts stretched.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.