Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Retard
the warmer will release within this few days but only in black if im not wrong.. http://www.much-more.jp/
the price is insane!!!

Damn....!! That price!!!

$300+ for a tire warmer?!

Neh.I'll have mine good'ol traditional 12V tire warmers....
Old 12-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
Do you know the part number for Kimbrough medium

Thanks, Charles
201 if I'm not mistaken
Old 12-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Damn....!! That price!!!

$300+ for a tire warmer?!

Neh.I'll have mine good'ol traditional 12V tire warmers....
Not quite 300, maybe including postage. Still this is retail pric, not street price you'd expect it to be a little less street price. I still think Much More products are way overpriced and contribute a lot to the cost of TC racing, never seen so much useless bling than since they're here, but that's just my opinion.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CND
Hey thanks again lads, brilliant advice on both accounts(I hadnt even considered cross pollination)
Yeah, I would consider using one from another car first, machining you own could be expensive.
I'm not sure on the measurements, but one from a Cyclone might work. Best bet would be to measure one from a friend, and see if the distance between the outdrives is wide enough. If i'm correct, I think the pulley size is the same too.

Then again, if you make your own, you could always produce a batch and sell them to other drifters to help recoup some of the cost...

HiH
Ed
Old 12-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
Yeah, I would consider using one from another car first, machining you own could be expensive.
I'm not sure on the measurements, but one from a Cyclone might work. Best bet would be to measure one from a friend, and see if the distance between the outdrives is wide enough. If i'm correct, I think the pulley size is the same too.

Then again, if you make your own, you could always produce a batch and sell them to other drifters to help recoup some of the cost...

HiH
Ed
Ed, pulleys on the Cyclone are 39 teeth. It's only on the layshaft that they're the same.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

HELP!!!!

In the process of doing some maintenance on the car I have stripped the heads on 3 of the 4 rear suspension blocks screws

Doesn't help that my 2mm driver is a piece of crap

How can I get them out? If I'd only stripped 1 on each block then I could have dis-assembled the car and rotated the blocks to loosen them, unfortunately one block has both screws stripped.

I tried to dremel a slot in the head - not enough room without damaging the chassis.

Any other ideas?
Old 12-31-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bender
HELP!!!!

In the process of doing some maintenance on the car I have stripped the heads on 3 of the 4 rear suspension blocks screws

How can I get them out? If I'd only stripped 1 on each block then I could have dis-assembled the car and rotated the blocks to loosen them, unfortunately one block has both screws stripped.

I tried to dremel a slot in the head - not enough room without damaging the chassis.

Any other ideas?
JB weld some allen keys to the stripped screws then twist them out when the JB weld hardens.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Tech Rookie

HELP!!!!

Any other ideas?
I've had the same problem before. I used a 2mm metal drill and slowly drilled the screw's head off. You'll find that it's binding to the carbon fibre rather than the aluminium. Once the head is drilled off, it comes out very easily.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:25 AM
Tech Adept

if you have a dremel or access to one, use a cutting disk and make a slot onthe screw head. then use a flat blade screw driver and remove in the normal way. This way is very quick but be careful not to catch your chassis with the disk.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

How do people put the pics in the post on the server?

Last edited by Grindog001; 12-31-2005 at 01:37 AM. Reason: MESSED UP
Old 12-31-2005, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the answers guys.

I can't really do the drill idea, can't find the right drill bit

Might try the JB Weld, all I gotta do is find where I can buy it from in Brisbane.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Might try the JB Weld, all I gotta do is find where I can buy it from in Brisbane.
You can do with a 2,5 or 3mm drill too, it don't matter since you're only drilling the screw's head...
Old 12-31-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hey Jason,

You won't find JB weld here in Brisbane (it's called araldite or 2 part epoxy/resin glue). What a way to wreck the bling!!! Hope you get it out without damage!!! And here I was concerned about you crashing.......sounds like the first 'breakage" or mass piece of destruction might come from your very own hands!!! J/K

Hope you get it fixed mate.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Or you could cut a slot into the screw head the un screw it with a flat head screw driver, but you might also put a slot in the chassis at the same time

Charles
Old 12-31-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Exclamation cut

the best way is to cut a slot in it and move it side so side if the other screw is out as you try to back it out the other way is I have a small drill that has hammer action set it to 1 and work your way up on the action 1- 10 as U do it go both ways in and out it works every time..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.