Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Those are nice pieces of engineering. I guess the only question I have is - Why?

I guess it's because it's there.

With the Hoda version, I take it there is a spacer under those cells for the receiver. So the cells on the bottom don't touch the belt? Wouldn't this negate any advantage over standing up the servo?

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Now why is everyone prefer the throttle servo standing up? Just because the new Kyosho RRR Evo has it?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It doesn't matter to me, I don't take off Servo that often

it just amaze to see people to special thing like putting a stand up servo dawn or vice versa
Old 08-15-2006, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default G4S

Hi

I have just ordered my G4S from RaceDay hobbies and i look forward to flying the TM banner on the east coast of Australia

BB
Old 08-15-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Car breaker, Beleive it or not the receiver is already in there!... it is on the left side of the throttle servo...all I have to do is put my servo horn on and It is ready to go. Here is a closer pic the rec. is behind the orion rds sticker enclosed in a protective plastic casing.

Zoom, The reason I did this is because I really do not like the g4 spaceship like tank.... pit stops are difficult do to the ribs in the tank when the lid is opened then if it gets over flowed all the fuel is run down hill all over the electronics....this way it will run right down to the chassis and to the ground....and there are no ribs in the lid of this tank plus with this one you can see when its full....with the g4 tank there is no warning your almost full until the fuel reaches that upper deck by then it's shoot'n back out the top.
Another reason is, when the g4 has more or less fuel it reaLly affects the handling!....so by putting in a tank that keeps the fuel on an equal plain through out the entire run should help that and having the stand up servo on one side and the rec. pack directly across from that should really balance it out and again make it handle the same through out the entire tank of fuel and placing everything closer to the center should make the car a little more planted.....Well anyways I'll try it this weekend! Thanks for the compliment!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-g4-protocls-001.jpg   Team Magic G4-g4-protocls-002.jpg   Team Magic G4-g4-proto-004.jpg  
Old 08-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Fly that banner high and proud Bunny Bear, you are going to be one fast dude, opps sorry, one fast mate there in Australia.

Fun helping you guys out! Thanks

Need some pics also!

Sam
Old 08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Good reply Steve - At least now I know the thinking behind your mods.

Just for info though, there is only 13% of the fuel above the radio tray in the standard fuel tank, wheras now you'll be more like 22% or 23% so while it's in a slightly more compact area like you said, it's taller and heavier above the radio tray. Evenly offsetting weight from the electronics is ok, though you would need to look at the actual weight amounts on each wheel when ready to race to determine if your balance is correct. I did a couple of things to the G4S to get the balance as close to nuetral as possible so the setup can act more consistently.

Like you say, the proof is in the lap times so I wish you all the best. I don't think there is any one formula that is the best so go get em!

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Mike, Thanks! I will let you guys know how it works...... I would guess it should only be the same or better.....I Hope!!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
...... Another reason is, when the g4 has more or less fuel it reaLly affects the handling!....so by putting in a tank that keeps the fuel on an equal plain through out the entire run should help that and having the stand up servo on one side and the rec. pack directly across from that should really balance it out and again make it handle the same through out the entire tank of fuel and placing everything closer to the center should make the car a little more planted.....Well anyways I'll try it this weekend! Thanks for the compliment!
Hey... I would like to check that with the rest of G4S owners.

I'm getting the same feeling. Every refueling beyond 25 minutes mark, I feel the car is better to drive when the tank is full and become awful to drive when the tank is going empty.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G4S'er
Fly that banner high and proud Bunny Bear, you are going to be one fast dude, opps sorry, one fast mate there in Australia.

Fun helping you guys out! Thanks

Need some pics also!

Sam
Hi Sam

Thanks.. Pleasure dealing with you and look forward to it continuing in the future.

I will post pics after the build the process, just have to wait for the mailman

Thanks,
Andy
Old 08-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi Sam

Thanks.. Pleasure dealing with you and look forward to it continuing in the future.

I will post pics after the build the process, just have to wait for the mailman

Thanks,
Andy
those bears know how to have a good time
Old 08-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Hello
some Pictures from the Euro:
Darren with the german Team Magic Driver Marc Kreisig......

For me it was the last Time this year with The G4(S)
After 3 years ago i dont found a Dealer or Driver with spare Parts by the Track.
marc K dont drive Team Magic next year so i the only G4S driver on Races in West Germany.......

I was a good Time with you all

Thanks for all
Marc
Old 08-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Motorman
Hugo,
we want to slow the speed of the transmission and mainshaft down. if you use 18 the FDR is 2.80. if you can get to 20 the FDR is 2.40. what we are doing is slowing the mainshaft down so we have to gear the engine lower. The transmission is the heaviest rotating part of the car and it takes the most power to spin it up and down between gears which eats power. (inertia is the enemy) If we don't spin it up as high between gears its all free power that is not wasted spinning up excess rotating inertia. the difference between 2.80 and 2.40 is several thousand less rpm on the mainshaft between each acceleration and deceleration of the transmission.

However using 20's on the mainshaft with 18 as a first gear pinion will not allow you to gear low enough. (on stop and go USA type tracks, this is less of an issue on large sweeper tracks like europe has.) for 20's you really need to go 16 or 17 on first gear which you cant do on the G4s clutch bell as it is. However this can be done with a modified kyosho UFO bell and modified kyosho pinions.
Ok time top give a little more info on how this is done..............
Old 08-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

I think I have a clue on how this is done.

I tried fitting an engine with a regular Kyosho clutch into the car. The Kyosho clutchbell is too long, so both the pinions and the bell have to be shortened since they stick out too far and do not mesh with the spurs. The clutchbell also hits the second gear spur.

So the pinions have to be cut shorter, making sure the thread on the 1st pinion remains intact. Care must be taken to align pinions with corresponding spurs when cutting pinions. I would also suggest not using the one-piece engine mount since it would not allow the engine to sit as far as could be necessary.

Since I do not have a kyosho UFO clutchbell I do not know how heavily it has to be modified. So I'll have a friend machine a new one and thread it for the kyosho pinions. We'll make it out of aluminum for its lightweight.

So that is my opinion on the subject.

Wish me luck!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

wow, nice picture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.