Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Use the long shock ends. And I use Pro4 for the upper mount.
Thanks for your help. I'll go give it a try later.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default true...true..

10 minutes per shock! That is crazy. I can clean and bleed all 4 TRF shocks in 10 minutes. And spend the other 30 minutes telling you how bad Xray shocks are.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:38 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Use the long shock ends.
Are you using foam or rubber tires? With rubber tires using the long shock ends jacked my ride height up so much with the preload all the way up I was at 8-9mm ride height, I used the short ones myself and just unscrewed them enough so I could set droop.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCknight
Yup, it took me around 30mins to rebuild the Xray shocks too.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What are you guys doing WRONG????
I use both, Tamiya shocks on my TA05 and Xray shocks on my T2's.
To me its faster to do the Xray shocks and get the right amount of rebound than to get the same result from the Tam's.
On the Xrays, fill the fluid, bleed the air, put the top on, then turn them upside down, pop off the bottom cup, slide the shaft back down to where you want the rebound to be, put the cup back on with the shaft in that position, flush the oil off, Done!
All shocks seep, but changing the piston opening on Xrays (just like Koni shocks) and not having to do a rebuild is priceless!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Seriously, what are ya'll doing wrong?!

I'm with teamgp on this one too, these are some of the easiest shocks to build and work on and bleed. I build mine by over filling them then bleeding from the bottom to insure no air and equal rebound.

JUST FOLLOW THE TEXT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS (it's that funny looking stuff under the pictures!) It will tell you exactly how to do them.

Better yet, go as Ralph Burch at the next big race you see him at, he loves to rebuild shocks!

As far as the bodies go, the best to run are the plastic, with all the testing and development that XRay does, and they choose to discontinue aluminum bodies. If they are leaking you did something wrong.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 09-30-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Don't forget to purchase your 39 7272 T2 foam car stand. As well as holding your car, it also allows you to set your shocks in there while you build them. Be sure to buy two of them, one to hold your car while the other one that would be holding your car is holding your shocks for the car that's being held by the other stand.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta

Better yet, go as Ralph Burch at the next big race you see him at, he loves to rebuild shocks!
WOW...Wait till Ralph has to rebuild 30 sets of shocks at Cleveland....You'll be on Toilet duty when he gets back

EA
Old 09-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCknight
the company likes the better profit margin and that's the real reason the continue to use them. Yea...they are ok, but they are not the easiest to get right the first time. I like the clickers, but want no brainer shocks like Losi. I don't want to have to fight them to get rebound the same. Just listen to the customers and make us all happy. Is that not a simple thought for a company. For the guys that can build them fast, easier shocks will only be faster for them.

I hope you're not responding to me... I assure you, the profit margin is the same between the aluminum body and the plastic.

One thing that I have really noticed since I've been at RC America (since it's been opened) is XRay is one of the most race oriented companies out there, as they only make one RTR, and that being a 1/18th scale car. They spend a majority of their time testing and tuning the cars they produce. If they think/prove something makes a car faster, you better believe they will produce it. Another (maybe more valid) point, show me one team guy's car that has aluminum shocks bodies on it, and you and I both know that they do what they can to go the ABSOLUTE fastest (as Mr. Hudy desires as well for everything the company makes) and they don't have them on their cars...

I'm not going into the argument of which shock is better, I'll just look at results. Also I'll choose quality over how 'easy and fast' I can build it.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
WOW...Wait till Ralph has to rebuild 30 sets of shocks at Cleveland....You'll be on Toilet duty when he gets back

EA

Haha, he's a big boy!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I hope you're not responding to me... I assure you, the profit margin is the same between the aluminum body and the plastic.
No way. Plastic cost so much less to make. It is $8 for 2 bodies with all the parts. $.30 for material.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I build mine by over filling them then bleeding from the bottom to insure no air and equal rebound.
I struggled at first with Xray shocks but after taking this approach it's became very easy and yields repeatable results every time. Now I check and rebleed my shocks between each round at big races and it takes me all of 5-10 mins at max for all four corners.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No way. Plastic cost so much less to make. It is $8 for 2 bodies with all the parts. $.30 for material.
Duh... a 10% (just a number I picked) profit margin on a $8 shock is way more than a 10% margin on a $1 shock So they would make more profit on the aluminum shock bodies
Since when has XRay skimped on parts to save a buck If the aluminum were better in their opinion they would offer a aluminum shock body as a option part and make more $$$... since they dont I have to believe they think the plastic is the way to go
I have built all most every brand of shock over the years and I find the XRay shocks... when built according to the instructions... are the easiest to build and get the rebounds the same
Old 09-29-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default So there are a lot of customers that would like...

One thing that I have really noticed since I've been at RC America (since it's been opened) is XRay is one of the most race oriented companies out there, as they only make one RTR, and that being a 1/18th scale car. They spend a majority of their time testing and tuning the cars they produce. If they think/prove something makes a car faster, you better believe they will produce it. Another (maybe more valid) point, show me one team guy's car that has aluminum shocks bodies on it, and you and I both know that they do what they can to go the ABSOLUTE fastest (as Mr. Hudy desires as well for everything the company makes) and they don't have them on their cars...

I'm not going into the argument of which shock is better, I'll just look at results. Also I'll choose quality over how 'easy and fast' I can build it.
a HPI, Losi or a Tamiya style shock. Are you saying they are not as good or they are not as easy to build? Why not make them? There's a demand. If customers desire a product, why not provide it to them? I guess we can agree to disagree.

Last edited by RCknight; 09-30-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.