Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Has anyone tried a VFS 1 with 5 cell (I guess more likely to be Europeans)??

I tried it today, and it was ok to start, but as the run went on it starts to stutter under power. I think it's a BEC volt drop problem - but not really sure what i can do about it, apart from run a rx pack. I tried a small capacitor on the BEC circuit (470uF), no difference.

I'm running it with a 302 RX and 2413 servo.
it shouldnt be doing this as my vfs-2000 works fine in 4cell oval, and a buddy of mine runs the vfs-1 in 4cell mod oval.

you can try setting the bec voltage to minimum since the 302 receiver supports this (you should have it this way anyway when using 302 rx)
Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

I have run with 4 cell - as i run it 12th scale as well!! Although i always run a RX pack with 4 cell.

I thought about the BEC setting, and am 99% sure it was set to 2.3V. I say 99% as i was using hand programmer, where as i'm more familiar with the PC software but didn't have a PC lead with me.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have to send in a vfs1. Whats the best way to ship it? Padded envelope? Also how do I pay for the charges to repair it? Do they bill you after?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody know who has got the KO ICS USB adapter in stock.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys. I've been playing with different profiles for my Twister 2.2's and have a couple of questions that I couldn't find a direct answer for when searching this thread. Any help would be appreciated.

1. I have the PC interface and after I put all of my profiles into the program as different tabs (data files) I can't save it and reopen it with them being there. It will only save it as a k?? file that can't be opened with anything I have. What am I doing wrong? I hate having to redo a profile every time I want to change the esc.

2. It has been said on here in several places that the power save should be a minimum 3.5 when using Spektrum. The stock Hara profile is 2.5 and I haven't had any trouble using that. Am I missing something...or just been lucky? 'Cause I'm usually not lucky.

Thanks,
Mark Stetler
Old 01-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stetler17
Hey guys. I've been playing with different profiles for my Twister 2.2's and have a couple of questions that I couldn't find a direct answer for when searching this thread. Any help would be appreciated.

1. I have the PC interface and after I put all of my profiles into the program as different tabs (data files) I can't save it and reopen it with them being there. It will only save it as a k?? file that can't be opened with anything I have. What am I doing wrong? I hate having to redo a profile every time I want to change the esc.

2. It has been said on here in several places that the power save should be a minimum 3.5 when using Spektrum. The stock Hara profile is 2.5 and I haven't had any trouble using that. Am I missing something...or just been lucky? 'Cause I'm usually not lucky.

Thanks,
Mark Stetler
all you have to do is right click then you can save and open any profiles you have made
Old 01-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

OK I've done that and it saves it as a ??????KPD file type and won't let me pick any other type of file. Then when I open that up it is a microsoft sheet similar to excel. I thought I would be able to put several profiles in on different tabs and then save it. That way when I wanted a different profile I would just have to hook up the ESC and download the chosen one out of the program. The way it is working all I'm saving is a copy of the numbers in a list, but they would have to be put back into the program manually before I could download it to the ESC. Does that make sense? I hope I'm explaining it well enough for someone to see what I might be doing wrong. Up to that point everything could not have worked any better. No problems whatsoever putting profiles in and sending them to the ESC. Just lose it all when I'm done.

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

You will have to load your saved profiles into the program before you send it to the esc. I don't think there is anyway around that.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

This might sound stupid but does anyone have a setup for the KO running a Mabuchi silver can?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by subman
This might sound stupid but does anyone have a setup for the KO running a Mabuchi silver can?
Not stupid at all...I was kinda wondering the same thing myself as I was installing the VFS-1 in my TCS Mini.

Scottrik
Old 01-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Not stupid at all...I was kinda wondering the same thing myself as I was installing the VFS-1 in my TCS Mini.

Scottrik
Ding Ding exactly what I was planning!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Sounds like SOMEONE'S planning to race in Regina next month...
Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks rcnewb2004

I guess i don't see the point in creating multiple tabs with profiles in the program itself if they are not going to be there when I open it back up. It's like starting over every time. This can't be right. Why do they have a comments area for each profile if it just saves it a spreadsheet without that information.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

i am pretty sure that the vfs-1 program is the only one that can read a kdp. file. kinda like an adode file.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stetler17
I guess i don't see the point in creating multiple tabs with profiles in the program itself if they are not going to be there when I open it back up. It's like starting over every time. This can't be right. Why do they have a comments area for each profile if it just saves it a spreadsheet without that information.
Once the software is open, right click in the window. From there, select "Open" and select the file that you would like to open.

Maybe when you are saving your created tabs you are not selecting "Save All"??

As for the power save, you are probably lucky. This is the voltage at the battery pack before the BEC is activated. So if you are using higher capacity batters (ie 4200) you are probably not getting the voltage down far enough during your run.

-Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.