R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evanwest94
Buy what? Dead eBay page.

Jim
Old 04-05-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony gray
It's fairly obviously just a 'quick fix' to enable the fitment of a wider range of bodyshells because the M03 still has severe limitations in that area as we all know.
Thats the problem, Tamiya are known in M-Chassis for keeping 1/1 realism, if a real car is FWD, then the RC will be FWD....but what FWD cars are out there that need a low nose chassis, AND are proportional to need an M-Chassis? Kei sportscars (Nissan Figaro ) at a push? I can't think of many. Most like HPI's Datsun 510 and 240Z (if Tamiya made their own versions) would go on the M04M already.

Having said that, with a different length steering rod, I guess you might be able to mount the steering on the M05 at the other end to make it RWD?
Old 04-05-2009, 05:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to introduce "EISENSCHWEIN!" (iron pig)

Last edited by monkeyracing; 08-12-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Another spare for sale...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-m03r-trf.html
Old 04-07-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to introduce "EISENSCHWEIN!" (iron pig)
Jim, I always said no-one could make one of those NSU shells look good.

And...I see no reason to change my mind after looking at that!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Here is a video for you Mini-fans from our Finnish Mini Cup.

The video is full coverage of 10min final. Nice racing. Minis are very entertaining RCs to drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBLWag1DM_g&fmt=18

In Finland we have pretty good Mini-scene. Because of our rules, we drive almost stock cars, which keeps racing inexpensive and even.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

iswere there ever a 64pitch gear set for the m03? or any type of taller gears made?

i know 64p would be the only way because of lack of room!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tobee Craft make a set of alternate gears that enable you to use up to a 24 tooth pinion from memory.

And they are absolute junk. Even noisier than the stock gears (if that's possible) and a complete waste of time/money.

Eagle Racing make a set of 'Speed-Tuned' gears, and they're about as useful as the Tobee ones too...

(BTW, pitch has no bearing on actual size of the gear - a 12t 32dp pinion is pretty much the same size as a 24t 64dp pinion, all that changes is the amount of teeth)
Old 04-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks tony for the info,

so even tho the ER gear set are better then the tobee gears.... witch will make the car faster with a silver can? can people still buy the ER gears??

the club race i raced on the weekend allows any hopup from any company, chassis lightenting, and I'm sure gearing it different then what tamiya is. only rule is silver can.

i need to go faster! i had all alloy arms and everything in the book. but i took off the alloy arms because they were getting trashed on the track! (scrached and pins came out) so I'm using all stock arms.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AiR2k

The video is full coverage of 10min final. Nice racing. Minis are very entertaining RCs to drive.

In Finland we have pretty good Mini-scene. Because of our rules, we drive almost stock cars, which keeps racing inexpensive and even.
Wow how good is the pace car/rolling start and the hill
Old 04-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LATC3
thanks tony for the info,

so even tho the ER gear set are better then the tobee gears.... witch will make the car faster with a silver can? can people still buy the ER gears??

the club race i raced on the weekend allows any hopup from any company, chassis lightenting, and I'm sure gearing it different then what tamiya is. only rule is silver can.

i need to go faster! i had all alloy arms and everything in the book. but i took off the alloy arms because they were getting trashed on the track! (scrached and pins came out) so I'm using all stock arms.
If you have access to a precision lathe you can make your own shaft for the idler and secondary gears and use 48 pitch to achieve whatever fdr you want. You would need to keep to the diff driving gear though.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Kewl Vid.

How's the getting taken out before the race even starts
Old 04-08-2009, 01:29 AM
mjw
Tech Adept

Default 1000 lap Mini Enduro

On Sunday I was entered in a 1000 lap Mini enduro held at Fastcats (fastcats.ca). It was the second year for this event. We entered our 4 person team with the only SWB Mini out of 13 entries and had high hopes after a close 5th place finish last year, but it didn't go so well. We ended up 9th, but we were still running at the finish, after having all sorts of problems like losing an upper link screw (and then the outdrive came out), loose servo screws, dead ESC, wheel coming off, etc... We came back from every problem though and finished the race 271 laps down from the leader. The top two cars were seperated by 3.377 seconds after 1000 laps (6 hours, 24 minutes with a mandatory stop at the 500 lap mark). We had a good time, but the poor Mini is in rough shape. I learned a few more things that would have made the car more durable, like a one-way is murder on the front end after 729 laps Just like after last years event, I'm looking forward to next year

I'd post the LiveRC results, but I can't link other sites because of my low post count.

Mike
Old 04-08-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mangoman

Wow how good is the pace car/rolling start and the hill
At first the jump was pretty tricky, but after a while with right "flow" it wasn't that hard. But I just have to say; if Mini isn't in good setup, jumping with it is real nightmare. Damn, I was out of control in practice.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

At first the jump was pretty tricky, but after a while with right "flow" it wasn't that hard. But I just have to say; if Mini isn't in good setup, jumping with it is real nightmare. Damn, I was out of control in practice.
I was there too. That jump wasn`t too bad if you slowdown a littlebit before that. But when heat is on anything can happen when you race close to close with Mini`s

Only bad thing for me was three different driver stands when you change it and hope you can still make proper result

But still enjoyable..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.