Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Official Titanium Racing (TiR) Thread!!!! >

Official Titanium Racing (TiR) Thread!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Titanium Racing (TiR) Thread!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Darren good to see that you are getting to grips with the ordering situation.

I would like to know what you are doing about the QC side of the business?
Old 06-20-2007, 04:48 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Hi Mi2_tastic

We endeavour to check every product that goes out the door but some undoubtly do get through. We have recently (last week) taken on more staff to help with this. Many companies have from time to time issues with certain products, I recently built up a model car and had a couple of problems, but as with their products I am sure this is not the norm. Feedback on products tends not to be forthcoming either positive or negative. Occasionally we do get told that the fit could be better or that they are indeed excellent but the feedback is usually about 1 in 500 customers. Unless we do hear things we cannot act on them so any feedback is welcome.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tir,

Had a quick question.
I bought two sets of your World's CVDs for the Xray T2'007, one set was perfect are top notch. The second package had the wrong axels (too thick for the bearings to fit). Should I return them to the distributor here in the US or should I send them to you.
The place I bought them from is no longer carring your products is why I ask.
Thanks in advance.
-Shookie <><
Old 06-20-2007, 09:22 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Hi, Pm me with your address and we will send out some axles.

regards

Darren
Old 06-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tir
Hi, Pm me with your address and we will send out some axles.

regards

Darren
You have PM...
Thanks,
-Shookie <><
Old 06-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Darren
Two emails sent
David
Old 06-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

darren, posted you another email.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
darren, posted you another email.
and another.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Hey, TiR - Can you locate the 15 emails I sent you at all about your products ?

You changed a Worlds CVD (unbreakable so the site says) because it bent, only for the replacement to bed as well. then the outdrive snapped at the screw thread.

Emailed, then emailed some more, then I even emailed when I thought all hope was lost - which it was.

As such I bought some Schumacher ones which, after about 6 months now need replacing (that ='s something like £5 a month in usage). Yours cost me £30+ in one month because I bought yours, then had to replace them so cost me for 2 lots of drives.

I have never in my time as an RC racer found any shop (bar one which I had a go at, who actually responded to emails mind) that offered such an awful service. I hate having to come on a 'rant' as you put it, but where else will my plight be heard ? And as you can see there are a fair few disgruntled customers on here, and plenty more I know of not on here. I would always reserve my negative judgement for any shop or manufacturer that would reply to me at least to say sorry, but you have ignored my emails, and even if I do call im sure it is written in thin air and my number disolves before the last digit is written.

One thing I will say about Tir though is there sticker sheets work great at catching flies, about as much use as they ever will be.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

PS

Hi Mi2_tastic

We endeavour to check every product that goes out the door but some undoubtly do get through. We have recently (last week) taken on more staff to help with this. Many companies have from time to time issues with certain products, I recently built up a model car and had a couple of problems, but as with their products I am sure this is not the norm. Feedback on products tends not to be forthcoming either positive or negative. Occasionally we do get told that the fit could be better or that they are indeed excellent but the feedback is usually about 1 in 500 customers. Unless we do hear things we cannot act on them so any feedback is welcome.
If that is the case you need more good calibur team drivers who do feed back info. It is useless sending parts out that are not tested and run by team drivers who offer you now info at all.

Perhaps think about this for the coming indoor season where drives/sppols/in fact anything is worked harder due to being on carpet !
Old 06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Well, i'm going to add my points here - purely about the bits themselves. I've run the driveshafts for a long time now, and IMHO, on my cars, there is no problems with the worlds driveshafts.

I ran all last season (6 cell mod) with no breakages, so far this year with 5 cell brushless, no breakages. For me, that is a record that i can't be happier with. I have broken a couple of stub axles in the past - i think the last one was maybe 2004?? and the design of that exact part has been changed so that there is more material at that exact point and i'm fairly sure i haven't damaged one since.

I have a set of pinions that i've been running for maybe 2 years, no problems.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:23 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jo90

You changed a Worlds CVD (unbreakable so the site says) because it bent, only for the replacement to bed as well. then the outdrive snapped at the screw thread.

Emailed, then emailed some more, then I even emailed when I thought all hope was lost - which it was.

As such I bought some Schumacher ones which, after about 6 months now need replacing (that ='s something like £5 a month in usage). Yours cost me £30+ in one month because I bought yours, then had to replace them so cost me for 2 lots of drives.

I have never in my time as an RC racer found any shop (bar one which I had a go at, who actually responded to emails mind) that offered such an awful service. I hate having to come on a 'rant' as you put it, but where else will my plight be heard ? And as you can see there are a fair few disgruntled customers on here, and plenty more I know of not on here. I would always reserve my negative judgement for any shop or manufacturer that would reply to me at least to say sorry, but you have ignored my emails, and even if I do call im sure it is written in thin air and my number disolves before the last digit is written.

One thing I will say about Tir though is there sticker sheets work great at catching flies, about as much use as they ever will be.

Dear John

I have located the 7 emails you sent us. Many of which were thanking us for our customer service and inquiring about the product. Indeed you purchased them in August then 2 months later wrote that you had bent one. You mailled 10 days after we agreed to send out a replacement thanking us for great customer service and appreciative that we had sent out a replacement. I can post them on here if you like. Now that is 2 months after buying and using a product. Whilst at carpet wars I think you said, you bent another one, didnt know how but your c hub broke caused I think you said by our driveshaft bending??? not of course by an accident.

Now let me make it perfectly clear John, I can accept criticism for poor customer service on occasions, the odd occasions that products have passed through QC that shouldnt have done. What I cannot accept is someone having a beef about a company that replaced a product that worked perfectly fine for 2 months yet still replaced it free of charge on his word that it was a uri geller effect that caused the product to bend not an accident, then, to come on to a site and claim that our products are poor. By your own admission you broke a c hub yet you claimed in your mail that it was as a result of our drive shaft bending.

We do not claim they are unbreakable and as I would have undoubtbly explained to you either in writing or on the phone we will always replace components as long as the customer tells us the truth. £30 is a lot of money to some people within our hobby and i would rather see them racing than not, but it does not give people the right to take liberties.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:24 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jo90

Dear John

I have located the 7 emails you sent us. Many of which were thanking us for our customer service and inquiring about the product. Indeed you purchased them in August then 2 months later wrote that you had bent one. You mailled 10 days after we agreed to send out a replacement thanking us for great customer service and appreciative that we had sent out a replacement. I can post them on here if you like. Now that is 2 months after buying and using a product. Whilst at carpet wars I think you said, you bent another one, didnt know how but your c hub broke caused I think you said by our driveshaft bending??? not of course by an accident.

Now let me make it perfectly clear John, I can accept criticism for poor customer service on occasions, the odd occasions that products have passed through QC that shouldnt have done. What I cannot accept is someone having a beef about a company that replaced a product that worked perfectly fine for 2 months yet still replaced it free of charge on his word that it was a uri geller effect that caused the product to bend not an accident, then, to come on to a site and claim that our products are poor. By your own admission you broke a c hub yet you claimed in your mail that it was as a result of our drive shaft bending.

We do not claim they are unbreakable and as I would have undoubtbly explained to you either in writing or on the phone we will always replace components as long as the customer tells us the truth. £30 is a lot of money to some people within our hobby and i would rather see them racing than not, but it does not give people the right to take liberties.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What it all boils down to is tir doesn't think it's important to communicate with its customers until they start bitching about the company on public forums.

I placed an order with them and never got a shipping confirmation or my stuff even though they charged my credit card. I emailed them regarding the status of my order and they responded to the first email with a "we'll look into it" response, but ignored all the subsequent emails. So I was left with a credit card charge, no stuff, and a company that defines bad customer service refusing to take care of the problem. After one month of this BS, I finally disputed the charge with my credit card company and got my money back. It was by far and away the most frustrating online shopping experience that I've ever had.

All of this could have been avoided if tir actually behaved like an ethical company, but that was too much to ask. They gave me the run-around so badly that it left a permanent bad taste in my mouth and I'll do what I can to make sure no one has to go through the same thing. Does tir actually think they can yank people's chains for weeks and months on end without getting a little blowback? Maybe a website dedicated to tir's stellar customer service would be in order...

Last edited by Leodis; 06-23-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:46 AM
tir
Tech Initiate

It is very regrettable that you had this experience shopping at TIR and for which I apologise. Thankfully it is not the norm.

If you would like to PM me I can certainly look into it and provide you with some recompence for the poor service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.