Super Size discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super Size discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

We usually do change the layout each race at RCCAR. Most guys run HPI C10-30's with the included insert. It's not a bad idea to have a set of C23's in case the track gets dusty in the mains.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I had put my RB concept engine in my Super some time ago. Today I ran my tenth tank and the engine really starts to move. I'm still running it rich but comparing it to the FE is just unnecessery. It even spins the wheels when I push the throtle. I wonder how it will perform when I really tune it. With the good things also come the bad news. First a screw from the two-speed keeps unwiding. That is not very important (I think because I will put on some loctite that should do the trick). A bigger concern is that the two speed has actually a great amount of play that I think shouldn't be there. Do you have the same problem? Any solution??? Oh yeah I also hit my brand new polished RB pipe and it has a strange "tuned" shape
Old 05-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Your one-way bearing might be going out on your two-speed. Which gear is wobbling excessively~? If its your first gear then its the bearing, if its the second gear, check to see if your two-speed clutch is lockdown onto the driveshaft. Use only a small amount of loctite on the adjustment set screw. If your pipe is badly dented, there is a thread somewhere in one of these forums that says you can fill your pipe with water, plug the holes and freeze it, and the dent will come out. There is a downfall, if it expands too far, you might break the pipe.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Super Size discussion

Speed De;

The best way to put the Thread Lock on the HPI 2spd adjustment screw is to put a small drop of the "Blue" stuff on top of the screw then back it off a few turns (count) then screw it back to where you had it. Then use a 'Q-Tip' to wick out any excess. This way the threadlock stays out of the Shifting Mechanism.

The Freezing Method works very well for pushing out dents in Pipes. You will need to plug the openings after filling it with Water, then Freeze it for 4-6 hours and check your work. If it needs a little more, Thaw with Hot water, re-fill and Freeze it again.
If the Stinger is Bent, you will need to HEAT the Pipe then CAREFULLY straighten it back. If you force the issue too much the Stinger will crack or break off, so be careful.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Selling my Super Nitro

Guys;

After Much thought and consideration, I have decided to sell my Super Nitro.
If your interested look in the "For Sale" Forums for details.

Thanks,
Old 06-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

OK.....Thought i'd give it a shot before putting this up on ebay.

Check it out guy's,

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=13630
Old 06-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Super up on E-bay

Guys;

I just put my Super up on E-Bay. The Bids are coming in and now is your last chance. Hurry before it's gone.

Super Nitro on E-bay

Last edited by popsracer; 06-05-2003 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Super up on E-bay

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

I just put my Super up on E-Bay. The Bids are coming in and now is your last chance. Hurry before it's gone.
How much are you asking for it? I don't see it on ebay.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default super

Do you have to run a big block in the supers or can you run a small block? Preferably a MR12 or MT12 rear exhaust with slide carb.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

It is made to fit .12 or a small block .15, but you can run a big block .15 or a .21 if you want to buy a after market conversion.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default super

RandyT

Should I buy a NTC3 or a super? What do you think?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

What are you planning on doing~?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default super

I would like to race a little, but most likely just running for fun. I am an experienced nitro dirt racer, but new to on road. I like the full race aspects of the NTC3, serpent , mugen's, but something catches me with the supers. Do supers come as rally cars with the MT chassis or are they different. What about a 2 speed tranny? Can you adjust the brake bias on the super with a center diff like on 1/8 scale buggies? Thanks for your input.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

I guess I could put it this way. The Super is big and is fun, easy to drive and as a basher it's a good car. But it is outdated, and doesn't look like they're going to update it. The NTC3 is a good car, you can tell just look at all the races its wins. You would probably be better off getting the NTC3. Or you'll end up like alot of us and pump lots of money into our Super Nitro's to get them to fly, but it's all at a cost.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Initiate

They do make a Rally version, stock it doesn't come with a two speed, in regard to brake bias, you got me there. Being some one of experience you would probably be happier with a NTC3, Serpent, Mugen, or maybe even the new HPI R40 and if you looking for something larger than a /10, I piicked up a Serpent 835, 1/10 235mm, made for a BB .15, still waiting to finish it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.