Super Size discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super Size discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

Dude in my opinion, pops is right.....go for the starter box. I love not having to worry about pullstarters and the crappy problems they cause. I am never going back to a pull start engine. If some how i get one i am using my starter box on it. Its so easy just to the car on the wheel and it roars to life. Also When your engine gets worn out, sometimes a pull starter cant spin it fast enough to start. Starter boxes spin the hell out of an engine. With a starter box there is no need to prime it cuz it spins it over so fast it primes a seconds.

About the engine thing. The mt12 is a great choice. I have the team CRC STS mt12. Its cheaper than the novarossi or rossi(forgot which makes it) but works like a charm. Runs great. Did i mention it was cheaper .

About the gearing, id go the the gearing before an engine. Sometimes the gearing thats in a a stock car isnt to slow for a fast and strong engine. Meaning it would wine out in no time. But dont take my word for it. Do what ever you want man. Have fun with ya $$$ and car.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

I just bought a 2 speed for the car - how long should it take to install and what kind of speeds can i expect with the stock gearing of it?
Old 09-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Initiate

fastharry do I know you? Dont you have the new HPI and in the middle of building it? Your over on main street next to Ron. I could be wrong....But I really think its you. LOL You just painted your body with fascolor and backed it with white. It had the blue prismatic look and you were buggen b/c you didnt think it came out that good. I am the vteq collari!!! By the way that day in the shop we talked about fuel...Welll now I run different fuel....

well enough here sorry I went way off topic.....

Last edited by niffken; 09-06-2003 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

The fun begins here... This Sunday I took the bad boy to the local group and - Broken Rear Differential, bad glowplug, lumpy rear tire, stalls, and I still have my 2speed sitting in a bag. Too bad you can't buy experience for these damn things.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Tire/insert choice for Tamiya America Track

Does anybody know which super nitro tire and insert combo works on a TGR at the Tamiya America Track in Aliso Viejo, CA. It seems like a white concrete type surface.
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

its asphalt at tamiya
Old 09-24-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default My bad.

It has been long time since I was there.
Does anyone which tires work for Super Nitros on the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo?
Thanks.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Well how bout this?

I was bored one day and I decided to turn my supper into a truck! It was alot more work then I expected! And I had to make the gears. 56 tooth 1st gear I got at the store I didn't know what it fit but was needed to turn the bigger tiers The gear was so big it hung under the frame so I built a guard for it. Any way I brought the lil truck to the track with my mugan for something to do between races and they put it in the truck class. I thought I was going to get my arss handed to me cause every one else had 21s. I did have a highley modified rs12 Novarossi but still !! All my buds where laughing but It won all three qualifiers and I'm pretty sure I laped everyone in the main and I could do no right with my car that day It was alot of work but well worth it ! and the fans really liked the candy paint job. Heres a pic if you would like to see more I'll dig up some more
Attached Thumbnails Super Size discussion-imga0523twk.jpg