Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
length wise, that servo looks longer then average. is it?
I believe its got the same dimensions as a Futaba low profile. I will have to check. Xray have never really suited the Futaba stuff, you need to use the wider spaced hole, and the servo posts end up being on the outer edges of the ears.
It seems that the KO servos are narrower, and use the forward hole, freeing up roughly 4mm of space.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks,
Old 10-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skypilot
I can see all sorts of places to put a PT. esp a Mylaps
I put it on the bumper after that photo, otherwise it looked untidy
Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hopefully this isn't a repost. I'm still a little new to on-road, so I apologize for what I'm sure is a "beginner question"

Hopefully my car will arrive tomorrow. This will be the first time that I have built an on-road car (I purchased my T2 used). Looking over the installation instructions this evening it appears that the kit comes with the 1-4 adjustable shock pistons, as well as the non-adjustable 2, 3, 4 pistons.

Would it be best to build things adjustable or non-adjustable (and if so, 2, 3, or 4 hole)? I race on an outdoor asphalt track - I have no idea if it is high or low grip (I've never raced anywhere else) but I would guess med/high (It's in Camarillo, CA if anyone is familiar with the track). I *think* that there is a team driver that races at this track, but I wouldn't swear to it. If I'm correct and he could chime in it would be most appreciated.

Any advice? Thank you in advance.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeb4
Hopefully this isn't a repost. I'm still a little new to on-road, so I apologize for what I'm sure is a "beginner question"

Hopefully my car will arrive tomorrow. This will be the first time that I have built an on-road car (I purchased my T2 used). Looking over the installation instructions this evening it appears that the kit comes with the 1-4 adjustable shock pistons, as well as the non-adjustable 2, 3, 4 pistons.

Would it be best to build things adjustable or non-adjustable (and if so, 2, 3, or 4 hole)? I race on an outdoor asphalt track - I have no idea if it is high or low grip (I've never raced anywhere else) but I would guess med/high (It's in Camarillo, CA if anyone is familiar with the track). I *think* that there is a team driver that races at this track, but I wouldn't swear to it. If I'm correct and he could chime in it would be most appreciated.

3-hole non-adjustables will cover 99% of team driver's setups. The adjustables are nice if you want to experiment but they aren't as consistent and tend to hold air bubbles between the 2 pieces.

-rocky b
Old 10-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The adjustable pistons in my T3 were always set to 3-hole; so, I finally went over to the fixed pistons.

It's annoying having to check the adjustable ones all the time when rebuilding the shocks.

Go to Paulie's thread and I believe you will find a statement something like this..."Always 3-hole"...LOL

Bill
Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRock899
Hey guys, I'm looking for aluminum shocks for the T3 2011. Should I get the Xray PN 308306-O or should I get the Tamiya TRF 42102?

Has anyone tried the Tamiya shocks on the T3?

Thanks.
If you will be getting TRF shocks, best to get part number 84008. It's anodized black, thus will look good with the xray kits. You could mount it without doing any modification. Check the link below to view the part.
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/advanced_...s=damper+84008
Old 10-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is it just me or has Xray really been laid back with the shock issue? With all these people opting for different shocks.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeb4

I know some of the team likes to use fixed pistons for consistency, but I have never felt a difference personally and I love to use the adjustable pistons. The difference between 4 hole and 1 hole is dramatic and it can prevent you from having to rebuild your shocks with heavier/lighter oil, which can be a hassle at club races/times when you don't want to put the time in.

Originally Posted by RCknight
Is it just me or has Xray really been laid back with the shock issue? With all these people opting for different shocks.
I don't think it's nearly as big of an issue as some make it out to be. Most likely 90%+ of Xray owners are fully content with their plastic shocks and never swap out to anything else. Gripes always look larger on the internet.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

go to any tc thread and you will see people changing out shocks. it does not matter which tc. yes even the big T, there are guys want to change shocks out
Old 10-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
go to any tc thread and you will see people changing out shocks. it does not matter which tc. yes even the big T, there are guys want to change shocks out
That's true. I've known some locals that swapped the plastic Xray shocks into their Tamiya's and Serpent S400's (back in the day) to run the clicker pistons.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

As far as Xray is concerned they dont have a "shock issue". They prefer to sell cars with the current plastic shocks (which are awesome if you know how to build them) and for those that think they need alumn shocks they are available separate and help keep the cost down for others.

And before you go off on your rant about the cost of the kits and having plastic shocks and compare it to others Xray is the only kit (other than Corally) that isnt built in Asia somewhere which helps those companies keep their cost down.

EA
Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ran Xray shocks for the longest time... Then I switched to TRF to see if there was a difference. It was different but I wouldn't say better, so I switched back to the Xray plastics. Absolutely nothing wrong with them, and they last forever!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

my first 50laps with my T3, i ran with the stock shock, plastic with 3holes pistons both.

After 25laps, plastic shock body heating and oil come more thin... And handling change...
Fastest lap : 8.667

The shop on the track have fortunately the xray alu shock and i get and started to buil with the same config.
50laps later , my fastest was : 8.458 ...

And for fun, i wanted to try my tam shock from my 416x... Same oil config and 3holes piston...

Fastest... 8.222

Record of the track... 8.179

Back again with the plastic shock and i cant lowered my fastestlap...8.490...

So for me the shock be the big black point on my t3.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
my first 50laps with my T3, i ran with the stock shock, plastic with 3holes pistons both.

After 25laps, plastic shock body heating and oil come more thin... And handling change...
Fastest lap : 8.667

The shop on the track have fortunately the xray alu shock and i get and started to buil with the same config.
50laps later , my fastest was : 8.458 ...

And for fun, i wanted to try my tam shock from my 416x... Same oil config and 3holes piston...

Fastest... 8.222

Record of the track... 8.179

Back again with the plastic shock and i cant lowered my fastestlap...8.490...

So for me the shock be the big black point on my t3.
So you are saying that the T shocks are almost a half second faster than the Xray shocks? Do you really expect me to believe that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.