Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by rsperson
Hmm - what do I use for a Spektrum cap - None of my receivers came with one

They were sealed packages - SPM1210 - Just got my new RS - need to hook it up.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6570
Old 11-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone, I have just purchased a new RS and I must say the service from Tekin was excellent. I had a set up issue, the ESC would not detect throttle neutral, I called them up and in 2 minutes it was fixed.

Other companies would have asked me to send it back for inspection.

Thanks Tekin for a great product and great service.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by energyracing
Hello everyone, I have just purchased a new RS and I must say the service from Tekin was excellent. I had a set up issue, the ESC would not detect throttle neutral, I called them up and in 2 minutes it was fixed.

Other companies would have asked me to send it back for inspection.

Thanks Tekin for a great product and great service.

Come on Georgey...get it together would ya?

Seriously though, you are going to love that product. Don't forget I have the hotwire.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Broken case :-(

Broken case :-(

I am going through my car for tomorrow nights club race and noticed that the case on my RS Pro is cracked.

Does Tekin sell the cases as a replacement part or will I have to send it in for repair?
It's my only speedo and I would rather not have to part with it for to long.

Thanks
Andrew.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You can contact Tekin directly to inquire at:
http://teamtekin.com/service.html
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

kennyl, thanks for the great baseline rs setup for 17.5 12th scale, worked awesome, car was easily the fastest on all areas of the track(just wish the driver had been). but thanks again.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewNicholas

I am going through my car for tomorrow nights club race and noticed that the case on my RS Pro is cracked.

Does Tekin sell the cases as a replacement part or will I have to send it in for repair?

Thanks
Andrew.
Earlier on this thread someone had a broken case...I believe tekin sold them one direct for like 7 bux.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewNicholas

Thanks
Andrew.
I called them up, talked to Jim, total sweetheart They sent me a new case for $7 and it took me 5 minutes to do it.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Guys with the Futaba radios. Try resetting your radio. Also make sure that you set your epas to equal amounts on throttle and brake.

Spectrum users running 1/12 with 4 cell or any other 4 cell car for that matter. Make sure to run the sepctrum cap on the reciever. The spectrum will drop out under accelearation long before the RS turns off. If we don't get a signal we kinda wait briefly on the receiver. This is where you can "feel" a delay or you can get a throttle shot.

I urge anyone using the Futaba radio to email me so we can work out your problems. [email protected] I can share this info with our engineers so we can get them documented.

Wires falling off an esc can be from excessive heat and or a bad connection to begin with. I strongly recomend makin sure that the wires have enough length to not be taught as simple fatigue of a joint can cause them to fall off as well. Posting some pictures of your wire/esc set up may let another set of eyes seem something yours do not.

Any cogging with the RS: Make sure that you use the sensor checker function on the esc. Roll the motor over with your finger and watch for the dimly lit led's. They will cycle between the three of them as the sensors are "seen." If you have an erratic sensor, or one missing completely that is your issue. Sensors in the motors can and do go bad but I've found more bad harness's than motors. Harness's are easy to swap out and are the first thing to check. Let's face it guys, any connection in an electronics system needs to be scrutenized.
Hi Randy,
What kind of issues encountered using Futaba radios? I am running 1/10 on Futaba 3pk with Spektrum.

Btw, any sponsored drivers using the RS in the World's? Would be interesting to keep an eye on
Old 11-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

was there a bad run of these ESC's? i have two one in my touring car and one that is in my twelth. the touring car does not go to full throtle. and the one that is in the twelth does not stay programed to the radio? are there any fixes?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jason,

Make sure you don't have a stuck button on the esc, it happens on rare occasion.

When you're checking your esc for full throttle, do you get the entire led tree to light up and flash?

What radio/receiver are you using? I can help get you settled. [email protected]
Old 11-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doriftu
Hi Randy,
What kind of issues encountered using Futaba radios? I am running 1/10 on Futaba 3pk with Spektrum.

Btw, any sponsored drivers using the RS in the World's? Would be interesting to keep an eye on
No issues at all using the RS Pro with my 3PK or PKS and Spektrum SR3000, SR3001 and SR3500 receivers. I also have a FX and FX-R Pro with no issues.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

hi,,

tekin rs pro 3.5 turn suitable capacitors ?
Old 11-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

I've used the Roche one on the R1 with 3.5
Part No.:ROC-R4SC - http://www.roche.hk/roche-products.htm

Or two of the standard tekin ones....
Old 11-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

thanks dude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.