HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

what packs are you guys using???? like brand?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

And charger also
Old 03-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
That pack might be a bit tall for the space. The R40 hara is designed to use a AAA pack in a 3/2 configuration. If you shoe goo the pack to the chassis I'm sure it will fit though.

Just curious, why the switch from the G4S to the R40?
I would caution against shoegooing directly to the chassis. The vibration will destroy the pack, and failsafe doesn't work with no power. I know such thing from doing.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That pack might be a bit tall for the space. The R40 hara is designed to use a AAA pack in a 3/2 configuration. If you shoe goo the pack to the chassis I'm sure it will fit though.

Just curious, why the switch from the G4S to the R40?
All good i will reconfigure the pack then.... I forgot that in a 3/2 configuration the above cells are sitting in the grove below.

As for the switch... Well long story short, this was my 2nd G4 (Evo prior) and on both occasions it has been a nightmare. The final straw is the lack of parts availabilty in Oz unless you want to deal with dodgy overseas companies....

First HPI product was a Savage 25 LE and well it is the most fun you can have in RC...

BB
Old 03-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hpimichael
Team Magic... but as you can see above i am going to need to rebuild it. As for charger i have a Eagle Racing CDC V6B running off a Powertech PSU.

BB
Old 03-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Rear Upstop!

Dumb Question Time...

Is the rear upstop adjusted via the little grub screw in the rear arm? As other cars i have had have it located in the rear bulkhead above the arms? Look forward to you clearing this up for me

BB
Old 03-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Dumb Question Time...

Is the rear upstop adjusted via the little grub screw in the rear arm? As other cars i have had have it located in the rear bulkhead above the arms? Look forward to you clearing this up for me

BB
You are correct.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

I have seen posts here about people using almost every brand on the market. I remember fastharry posting that the HPI brand pack was lighter and held a higher charge then the cell rating. He posted that the HPI pack used Sanyo AAA cells.

As for charger, I just use a combo wall charger that slow charges both my radio and receiver pack. I also have an adapter made so I can peak charge using a Tekin BC112c if I need a boost durring a race day.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

thanks,

would these packs work Hump Pack Flat pack or should i go with a 4.8 V pack? i will be getting both cause i have two R40's one hara edition and just got an reg R40 off ebay for cheap it came yesterday
Old 03-16-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

thanks,

would these packs work Hump Pack Flat pack or should i go with a 4.8 V pack? i will be getting both cause i have two R40's one hara edition and just got an reg R40 off ebay for cheap it came yesterday
That hump pack you have listed first won't fit either car. The flat pack will only fit the standard R40. You need somthing like this.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCKM2&P=7

I don't see the HPI AAA hump pack listed on tower when I search. They still might carry it though, there search engine really sucks.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have seen posts here about people using almost every brand on the market. I remember fastharry posting that the HPI brand pack was lighter and held a higher charge then the cell rating. He posted that the HPI pack used Sanyo AAA cells.

As for charger, I just use a combo wall charger that slow charges both my radio and receiver pack. I also have an adapter made so I can peak charge using a Tekin BC112c if I need a boost durring a race day.

I don't remember saying that...that could have been AMG.....the HPI battery pack was not available in the states....I use that trinity hump pack in my R40........in the original car,I glued it to the battery door inside a fuel proof balloon...I never used those bigger 5 cell paks..
Old 03-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Go on ebay and search sanyo 1000mah AAA

In the toys and hobbies category. I got a killer deal on a 1000 mah sanyo pack , they come with shorter wires to for a cleaner install. Clear pack , looks cool. Shipped them fast. I forget the name but he makes em for 720's and other cars , just find the hump pack config. Great deal.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastharry
I don't remember saying that...that could have been AMG.....the HPI battery pack was not available in the states....I use that trinity hump pack in my R40........in the original car,I glued it to the battery door inside a fuel proof balloon...I never used those bigger 5 cell paks..
Hmmm.... I guess thats what happens as I get north of 40 years old

AI, I found the ones you are talking about. I might have to pick up a couple.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SANYO-6V-1000...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

too much aggravation for an extra 200 mah....
Old 03-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hmmm.... I guess thats what happens as I get north of 40 years old

AI, I found the ones you are talking about. I might have to pick up a couple.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SANYO-6V-1000...QQcmdZViewItem
Whoa those are more exspensive. Let me see if I can find the ones from hong kong.

Here we go.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-SANYO-RX-...QQcmdZViewItem

Also FH whats the aggrivation? Ebay rocks , you send payment via paypal and that keeps you info protected as your not giving any old company all your information and CC#'s. That redshuma guy ships it to your door in a week.

Best deal ive found and ive got the cell on my hara and now on my mtx-4. There good cells. I worry much less about running out of juice during an event. Good stuff

Last edited by Artificial-I; 03-16-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.