HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey lord shado hit me up. i have a roller that i dont use that id be willing to part with
Old 03-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hpimichael
hey guys,

so i just noticed that my car doesnt free roll... it cranks the engine over when i push it forward... now is this supposed to happen?

second, what battery packs are you guys using?? found out it wasnt compatiable with the old school 4 cell pack ... i have yet to start up this beast ... what glow plugs do you use for a Picco .12 JLR red-dot? and is this the proper break in?-Correct break in ? or since its a race engine can i drive the car around and lean it out every 3 tanks or soo?? of course not all at full throttle 50%-75% throttle..

Mike

Here is the type of battery pack that is required for the R40 05spec/Hara edition...

For the glowplugs for picco, this motor uses turbo plugs and you could either use an LRP or Mega turbo plug depending on what is available in your area.

Hope this helps... will be interested to see what you think of your combo when you have finished. I have been looking at a similar chassis/engine combo as one of the online stores has a combo package here in Australia.

Cheers,
BB
Old 03-10-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Here is the type of battery pack that is required for the R40 05spec/Hara edition...

For the glowplugs for picco, this motor uses turbo plugs and you could either use an LRP or Mega turbo plug depending on what is available in your area.

Hope this helps... will be interested to see what you think of your combo when you have finished. I have been looking at a similar chassis/engine combo as one of the online stores has a combo package here in Australia.

Cheers,
BB
The lrp plug is great.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default batterys

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/main.asp?sid=517219&
Old 03-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Cheers,
BB
Are you talking about RC hobbies? I got the r40 05 with the LRP race engine combo they've got and it seems pretty competitive against the mugen and serpent cars at my club
Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by astra power
Are you talking about RC hobbies? I got the r40 05 with the LRP race engine combo they've got and it seems pretty competitive against the mugen and serpent cars at my club

Astra Power:

Yeah that is correct. I had a Mega ZX12 (picco) with my G4$ and it was rubbish. The carby leaked and even usinging a STS carb in it, i couldn't get 5 min run time without it stopping all the time. Rchobbies do have the OS .12TZ though, which at this stage i think would be the safer option.

BB
Old 03-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

does anyone know if you can use other makers springs on the HPI shocks? I need to stiffen up the rear of my R40 but I cant order the gold springs or the red proceed which are the ones i'm really after
Old 03-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

der I just realised you can use the pro linear springs on the back and the pink ones are similar to the proceed red. Plus they're pink. Also my hobby shop called and they managed to find some gold r40 springs, happy days.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by astra power
does anyone know if you can use other makers springs on the HPI shocks? I need to stiffen up the rear of my R40 but I cant order the gold springs or the red proceed which are the ones i'm really after
Did you try rchobbies, they have all the springs listed on there website. I dunno if this means they have stock though, i have never dealt with them before.

BB
Old 03-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes u can use other spring makes just make sure they r the same length and with and ur good
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Did you try rchobbies, they have all the springs listed on there website. I dunno if this means they have stock though, i have never dealt with them before.
Yep thats who I order from. They have almost no r40 parts in stock but seem to be able to get quickly. They took a week to get the gold springs in but tower hobbies site says they've been discontinued so I'm happy with that effort, and i just ordered the pink HPI pro linear ones which are very close to the proceed red springs.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default SWEET!

Hi Guys

Thanks to Fred at RCHobbies in Sydney look what the nice Courier driver delivered to me today at work

I have a late night ahead of me know

BB
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-img_1126.jpg  
Old 03-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Receiver Pack!

Question..

The battery pack they shipped to me is a Team Magic pack designed for the G4S. I have attached a picture as i am unsure if it will work in current configuration or if i will need to rewire it.

It sits from the bottom with 2 x AAA, followed by 2 x AAA on top and the a 1 x AAA on the very top. Normally you would run a 3 x AAA and with 2 x AA on the top and turn it on it's side.... If i am currect the TM pack will be the same height and width

Look forward to hearing from you all shortly and in the mean time i will start the build process

BB
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-img_1127.jpg  
Old 03-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

That pack might be a bit tall for the space. The R40 hara is designed to use a AAA pack in a 3/2 configuration. If you shoe goo the pack to the chassis I'm sure it will fit though.

Just curious, why the switch from the G4S to the R40?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

You should be able to squeeze it in if you screw the battery bracket on top of the radio deck instead of underneath as per the instructions. You might need to use some spacers to give it a little more height but i dont think it'll be a huge problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.