Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 06:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I would try the center stiffener if I were you... Also, I just ordered all of the graphite parts avalible at SpeedtechRC and the new transmission cases should make it less prone to tweaking... I've still gotta wait to get my parts back from the anodizer before I build the car, but I'll be sure to give an update when it's done...
Old 11-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Randman what's new about the transmission cases. Running the center will that eliminate the torque steer\tweek???
Old 11-15-2003, 08:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rcfiend
Randman what's new about the transmission cases. Running the center will that eliminate the torque steer\tweek???
They are graphite material = less flex... Also the center stiffener should help a little bit in eliminating flex which in turn becomes tweak in this car...
Old 11-16-2003, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Yok 4 sale

Anyone intersted, I am selling my Yok., possibly getting out of electric racing all toghether. Take a look at items for sale.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

RcFriend,

I've had some torque steer on high grip carpet, but with a proper setup it's really possible do deal with it.

I ran the car on wooden floor yesterday. Needless to say it's even more slippery than a parking lot when your tyres are brand new, and didn't have any torque steer problems.

I think that your car might have a problem or your setup is not good enough.

As for tweak, I did not took the center brace, been racing 3 weeks in a row without checking the tweak, because I don't have any problem. Had some crashes, didn't broke anything (the new graphite arms seems to be ok). I did not broke anything since 2 months on the car and did had some big crashes.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by SpeedTech
I believe the Tobee ones are stronger than the Yokom ones because they are thicker bone towards the joint pin ends (where as the yokomo ones actually gets slightly thinner) and that's where it usually shears about for the Yokomo ones. Plus, you get two Tobee bones for less than the price of one Yokomo one Can't really beat that in my opinion...the Tobee stuff should be on their way, and we should get them end of next week.

Steve Wang

Hum,

The Tobee bones might be thicker, they are also made of a poor quality aluminium. They wear very fast on the front (I've tried both yok and tobee front and rear, both wear fast on the front but the yoke are better) and they twists, thing that the yoke ones don't do.

I've never broke any Yokomo Shaft, either bend one. I did with Tamiya ones, but their cross section area is lower. I suggest your car had another problem which lead the shaft to break (pin gone out locking the wheel axle while you accelerate maybe).
Old 11-16-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted By Cobra81li200
RcFriend,

I've had some torque steer on high grip carpet, but with a proper setup it's really possible do deal with it.

I ran the car on wooden floor yesterday. Needless to say it's even more slippery than a parking lot when your tyres are brand new, and didn't have any torque steer problems.

I think that your car might have a problem or your setup is not good enough.

As for tweak, I did not took the center brace, been racing 3 weeks in a row without checking the tweak, because I don't have any problem. Had some crashes, didn't broke anything (the new graphite arms seems to be ok). I did not broke anything since 2 months on the car and did had some big crashes.
Cobra what would you consider a good setup. The car works pretty good, but I just can't get the tweek\torque steer under controll. How did you address the torque steer and tweek. Honestly, will the RS kit help????
Old 11-16-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

If you feel the torque steer, it just means that you don't have enough on power grip on the rear. Try using a bigger anti roll bar on rear, it will give you more on power grip, but also mask torque steer.

As I said earlier in this thread, since my mass balance has been optimized, I don't feel any tweak in the car. I actually have a difference of less than 18g between my FL and FR wheel. So I don't feel any need in the RS conversion kit, and I don't think it will help you.

Have you done the servo Mod ? If no DO IT, if yes, then fix your transponder beside it like on a TC3 (I use a Square TB3 servo mount), it helps a lot. Also, use a large Spur (110T) to offset the motor.

I did not remove the center brace but the way I did my servo mod, I had to cut it, so I only have 3 posts to fix it (the 2 on the front are not in as the bar it cut). Maybe that's why I don't have tweak issues using it. Try removing the 2 posts on the front of the centre stiffener and run the car like that.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted By Cobra81li200
If you feel the torque steer, it just means that you don't have enough on power grip on the rear. Try using a bigger anti roll bar on rear, it will give you more on power grip, but also mask torque steer.

As I said earlier in this thread, since my mass balance has been optimized, I don't feel any tweak in the car. I actually have a difference of less than 18g between my FL and FR wheel. So I don't feel any need in the RS conversion kit, and I don't think it will help you.

Have you done the servo Mod ? If no DO IT, if yes, then fix your transponder beside it like on a TC3 (I use a Square TB3 servo mount), it helps a lot. Also, use a large Spur (110T) to offset the motor.

I did not remove the center brace but the way I did my servo mod, I had to cut it, so I only have 3 posts to fix it (the 2 on the front are not in as the bar it cut). Maybe that's why I don't have tweak issues using it. Try removing the 2 posts on the front of the centre stiffener and run the car like that.
Ok I get everything you're saying and I will try the servo\Center stiffner. But I'm somewhat confused about your application of a larger rear sway-bar. I don't see how adding a stiffer swaybar will produce on power steering, if anything the car will become looser. I run modifeid and going from looser to looser doesn't help. Maybe I'm missing something here. By the way, thanks for your help. I really like the Yokomo, but I'm just frustated as you can probably tell.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

What do you usually do to get more on power grip on the rear ? I put harder springs and anti roll bars on rear.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

One more thought would be to go with a little thicker shock oil, that will allow the car to transfer weight a bit slower...
Old 11-16-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

I normally adjust the front droop.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Universal coupler

Anyone know if other universal coupler brand would fit the std unis. I lost one last race meeting as I forgot to use locktite and is having problems sourcing the original part here in Oz.

Regards,
Old 11-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Cobra currently believes stiffer settings increase grip. I, and most other people, disagree.

I've found that a softer rear setting will actually decrease the torque steer effect, the back end gets better traction, and stops the car's back end sliding all over when you put the power down.

I'm also having big torque steer problems at the moment, although they have been hardly noticeable until recently - I run on slippy surfaces all the time. A good tweak setting can help, either through adjustment of the shock collars on the bench to get even tweak, or by messing around with the shock collars on the track. I'm going over the car with a fine comb before the next meeting, searching for a damaged or worn part.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know what the big deal is with torque steer. It's the common trait with all shaft cars. I've had it with the TC3... the Evo3.. and even my friends R2.... And I have it with my SD. It's just more noticable in Mod than Stock. Just learn to throttle up correctly instead of "gagging it." If it's that much of a pet peeve... switch to a belted car.. hehe... But seriously, I hardly notice torque steer anymore. Alot of it is throttle control and stock class...

So any word yet on the release of the tub version? Looking for a 2nd car...... again.... hehe...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.