Wiki Posts
Search

Fullthrottle Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THeGame
Theres no offroad at mimis... I think there was around 5 12th scales.
Just wanted to see what the turnout was like. Thinking about running 1/12th at the Regionals.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Bill ygpm
Old 10-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

vic you got mail
Old 10-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Just got back from the first round of the Carpet Wars championship over here in the UK.

Had a pretty good day...Ended the first round of Q in 8th, then didn't improve in the second (not helped by running 6.0FDR on an X... when most others were running 6.4 on CO's... opps!), so dropped to 18th.
Changed the setup a little on the front end of the car to settle it down (wider track and no arm sweep), and geared the motor slightly more sensibly, and 3rd round back up to 10th
4th and final round, fiddled with the gearing a little more (slightly lower), and had a good clean run, and ended up with a time fast enough for 7th o/a Well chuffed.

In the final, managed to sneak past one car at the first turn, and then seemed to be stuck on my own for the first minute, with a group of 5cars ahead by about 1-2 seconds, and another group 2seconds behind. Managed to slowly creep up to the back of the front pack, and was up to 4th at one point before a slight tangle with 3rd dropped me to 5th.... still well happy on that result, best race result i've had in a loooooong time. Still wasn't entirely happy I was on the correct gearing, but I know I'm kinda in the ball park, so something to play with next time.

Ended up with a motor setup of;
FT Xstock, Flines, Red/Red, seemed to work pretty well. Was tempted to try the black/black it came with originally, but thought the red's would help to produce a bit more grunt for the infield.

Cheers
Ed
Never got to play with the X motor much but from what I remember you wanted to be somewhere around 7.0 to start with that motor. CO27's always liked to be geared higher than most EPIC motors. Now wait til you play with TOP based motors.....talk about hanging a gear!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
Just got back from the first round of the Carpet Wars championship over here in the UK.

Had a pretty good day...Ended the first round of Q in 8th, then didn't improve in the second (not helped by running 6.0FDR on an X... when most others were running 6.4 on CO's... opps!), so dropped to 18th.
Changed the setup a little on the front end of the car to settle it down (wider track and no arm sweep), and geared the motor slightly more sensibly, and 3rd round back up to 10th
4th and final round, fiddled with the gearing a little more (slightly lower), and had a good clean run, and ended up with a time fast enough for 7th o/a Well chuffed.

In the final, managed to sneak past one car at the first turn, and then seemed to be stuck on my own for the first minute, with a group of 5cars ahead by about 1-2 seconds, and another group 2seconds behind. Managed to slowly creep up to the back of the front pack, and was up to 4th at one point before a slight tangle with 3rd dropped me to 5th.... still well happy on that result, best race result i've had in a loooooong time. Still wasn't entirely happy I was on the correct gearing, but I know I'm kinda in the ball park, so something to play with next time.

Ended up with a motor setup of;
FT Xstock, Flines, Red/Red, seemed to work pretty well. Was tempted to try the black/black it came with originally, but thought the red's would help to produce a bit more grunt for the infield.

Cheers
Ed
Infield Ed it must of been Flat out all the way for a stock motor

Well done on your A final matey

And for the White springs
Old 10-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nathan Parker
Infield Ed it must of been Flat out all the way for a stock motor

Well done on your A final matey

And for the White springs
Was very close to it, just slight lifts to get the nose tucked in...
And the same to you boss...

(I'll want em back too!)
Old 10-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Never got to play with the X motor much but from what I remember you wanted to be somewhere around 7.0 to start with that motor. CO27's always liked to be geared higher than most EPIC motors. Now wait til you play with TOP based motors.....talk about hanging a gear!
Cheers for the tips Bob.

I tend to treat X's like Roars, seem to like similar gearing. I remember the first time i ran a CO though... geared it up 5 teeth compared to a monster!

I just screwed up my inital gearing guess yesterday though... showing my lack of racing recently! Still roll on Rd2

Ed
Old 10-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

hey BOB i am making my first trip to cleveland this year and am exited

i have the 19t orion firured out but cant seem to figure out the orion core stock do you have any experience with it. which brush which brush cut best temp to run it at and gearing advide as compared to a co27

any think would be a major help thanks.

I met you at the express race last year you might rember me.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

guys we are updating are team list if your not on there e-mail me

thanks
bill
Old 10-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Vic, you have PM and e-mail on the sympatico. Please shoot me a PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

hey bill.

Hows things...hope ya bro is ok.....

did anything leave you today?

I had a crap day yesterday, had to use some shite C2 i found in the bin... car was good but lacked driver and speed.

got that combo sorted for final.. driver and speed fixed.... car broke...typical.

as ed says bring on round 2
Old 10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ooliganRC
hey bill.
I had a crap day yesterday, had to use some shite C2 i found in the bin... car was good but lacked driver and speed.

got that combo sorted for final.. driver and speed fixed.... car broke...typical.

as ed says bring on round 2
Lol, welcome to my life! Hehe! It get's better, though.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
hey BOB i am making my first trip to cleveland this year and am exited

i have the 19t orion firured out but cant seem to figure out the orion core stock do you have any experience with it. which brush which brush cut best temp to run it at and gearing advide as compared to a co27

any think would be a major help thanks.

I met you at the express race last year you might rember me.
What's up Ace. Of course I remember you! Congrats on Cleveland....you'll have a blast.

My experience with any TOP motor is that they are always lower RPM more tourqe than any EPIC's. They run hot. No two ways about it. I honestly do NOT like or recommend them in stock. The Core just never lived up to it's potential. If you HAVE to run them then I would start out with two mm lower rollout than what you would be running the CO27 at. Try a XXX (do they still make them for stock?) or another "enduro" type brush, with heavy springs. Make sure your hoods are perfect and your bushings are polished. Go over your car's drive train and replace any worn bearings. I have a feeling that if you run this motor, you will really need to make sure your car is spot on in terms of maintenence and setup.

Just remember what I said in my earlier post...watch your lap times.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

also you want to brake in the motors with out a fan let it get hotREALY
HOT

the mags on them are very strong and they dont have much in rpMs
but leting them get hot will lower the mag field

so brake in the motor for 20m or so then retune it

767 with red and red will be a good starting piont

i wil be there the last 2 days to tune
Old 10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BILL.D

i wil be there the last 2 days to tune
uHmmmmmmmmm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.