Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fullthrottle Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm going to give you my opinion, which is base on Max Performance NOT motor life or battery life and differs from Bill's but it is something you can try.

I base my TARGET motor temps on Starting Ambient room temp. We'll use 70 degrees for "normal temp".

normal Temp in touring after 5:15 seconds should be roughly 150 (yes 150) IF your lap times do not fall off. Don't worry about the com or brushes or any of that. If you look at your lap times and see that you fall off a few tenths and can honestly say it wasn't your driving, then gear down a tooth.

Ex: temp 70deg roll out 30mm = 150 degrees first lap 12.5 last lap 12.7. That to me is ok.

Now if your outside and its 100 degrees and nasty out, then you would wanna drop that roll out on the same motor to somewhere in the 26-28 range so you can maintain 12.8-12.9 for 5 minutes. Otherwise you will start out at 12.5 and end up around 14.0 because you smoked the brushes.

Conversely if your running in the winter and its cold then you can get away with throwing an extra tooth on there. Don't go too far though. Watch your lap times.

As far as cutting the comm. Once my brushes are seated I do not open the motor at all until I notice a drop off. I know a lot of guys disagree, but to me a properly seated brush will give you much more power. Now this could be 2 runs or 6 runs....watch your lap times.

Batteries. Now remember, my experience is with IB's.
Store charged....show up at track and put on equalizing tray down to .9
Charge at 8amps .03 cut off (remember 70 degree ambient temps)
Pull pack off charge as race is being called up. DO NOT REPEAK unless your pack has been sitting for more than 20 minutes. In stock racing, it is way more beneficial to go on the track with a pack only charged 75% but pulled right off the charger than one that was charged 100% and sitting for 15 minutes. 12th scale and mod...different story.
Finish race, let batteries cool, pulse discharge down to .9. Let cool off, put 1000mah charge back into pack and put away.

Hope this helps guys.

Remember....this is NOT how you wanna do things if you are interested max product life. Here's my disclaimer....Individual results may vary so try at your own risk
Old 10-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Excellent info Bob!

Bob and I worked on this for almost a year and this is the best combo we came up with.

The only thing I will add is WATCH YOUR BATTERY TEMP!
You want no more than 180 deg at any time!
140deg is about the best performance.

Adjust your battery cutoff to change the temp. .01 is colder .05 is warmer
Old 10-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

had realy good time at mimis yesterday

way to win the A-main HESS YOU GETTING THE LOSI DOWN

for me got a realy good set up for stock for the mx2
car was fast
Old 10-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default friday night results

Well, Friday night started out bad, I have no idea how but some how during the week my speeder went nuts and and reset itself to some wacked out setting, I couldnt turn anything faster then a 5.9 the fast guys were turning 5.1-.2's. After I reset the speeder and did a minor gear change I went back out and turned a 5.1 first lap then consistant 5.2's. Caught the pipe a few times and ended up 2nd in the B main. At the end of the qualifer my motor was warm but not hot, so i geared up a tooth of rhe main. In the main again I ran a 5.1 with consistant 5.2's I lead the main till about 30 seconds to go then i caught the pipe and ended up 2nd by less then a second, but when i got the car off the track the motor was screaming hot. Maybe i should have geared down instede of up?????

Now the winner of the a-main ran a fast lap of 4.9 and consistant 5.1's so I stll need to find about a 10th. I think they are getting out of the corners better then i am, but I think if i drop a gear on the pinion they are going to pull me on the strights. So what can i do to keep the stright speed but get a lil more coming outta the corner? Right now I am running a 120 spur with a 29 pinion my tired are at 2.17 which gives me a roll out of 1.65. Should I drop to a smaller spur w/a bigger pinion??

Also, Bill I need 2 more ep 4200's and battery bars. send me the invoice via e-mail

thanx
Old 10-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Bill ygpm
Old 10-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Well, Friday night started out bad, I have no idea how but some how during the week my speeder went nuts and and reset itself to some wacked out setting, I couldnt turn anything faster then a 5.9 the fast guys were turning 5.1-.2's. After I reset the speeder and did a minor gear change I went back out and turned a 5.1 first lap then consistant 5.2's. Caught the pipe a few times and ended up 2nd in the B main. At the end of the qualifer my motor was warm but not hot, so i geared up a tooth of rhe main. In the main again I ran a 5.1 with consistant 5.2's I lead the main till about 30 seconds to go then i caught the pipe and ended up 2nd by less then a second, but when i got the car off the track the motor was screaming hot. Maybe i should have geared down instede of up?????

Now the winner of the a-main ran a fast lap of 4.9 and consistant 5.1's so I stll need to find about a 10th. I think they are getting out of the corners better then i am, but I think if i drop a gear on the pinion they are going to pull me on the strights. So what can i do to keep the stright speed but get a lil more coming outta the corner? Right now I am running a 120 spur with a 29 pinion my tired are at 2.17 which gives me a roll out of 1.65. Should I drop to a smaller spur w/a bigger pinion??

Also, Bill I need 2 more ep 4200's and battery bars. send me the invoice via e-mail

thanx

Sounds like your motor isn't really the issue. Is your set-up good? Try to make some adjustments so you get more corner speed so you don't have to slow down and I can guarantee you will get that .1 your looking for.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
Sounds like your motor isn't really the issue. Is your set-up good? Try to make some adjustments so you get more corner speed so you don't have to slow down and I can guarantee you will get that .1 your looking for.

I am also working with Eric from darkside on the set-up. So hopefully between you guys and him helping me out I will be in the winners circle soon
Old 10-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

well Bill and i went out to Fredrick for some practice. Bills 12th. scale was very fast in stock hitting 10.5
my FK05 doing well hitting around 11.5s and upper 11.9s
Old 10-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blast
well Bill and i went out to Fredrick for some practice. Bills 12th. scale was very fast in stock hitting 10.5
my FK05 doing well hitting around 11.5s and upper 11.9s
i know pat it was nice to see me run that fast just need to do that on carpet and i will be set

but for you not that much track time you were doing well

had fun to and helping the other racers out there
Old 10-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BILL.D
had realy good time at mimis yesterday

way to win the A-main HESS YOU GETTING THE LOSI DOWN

for me got a realy good set up for stock for the mx2
car was fast
How was the turnout for 12th scale at Mimi's yesterday?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Just got back from the first round of the Carpet Wars championship over here in the UK.

Had a pretty good day...Ended the first round of Q in 8th, then didn't improve in the second (not helped by running 6.0FDR on an X... when most others were running 6.4 on CO's... opps!), so dropped to 18th.
Changed the setup a little on the front end of the car to settle it down (wider track and no arm sweep), and geared the motor slightly more sensibly, and 3rd round back up to 10th
4th and final round, fiddled with the gearing a little more (slightly lower), and had a good clean run, and ended up with a time fast enough for 7th o/a Well chuffed.

In the final, managed to sneak past one car at the first turn, and then seemed to be stuck on my own for the first minute, with a group of 5cars ahead by about 1-2 seconds, and another group 2seconds behind. Managed to slowly creep up to the back of the front pack, and was up to 4th at one point before a slight tangle with 3rd dropped me to 5th.... still well happy on that result, best race result i've had in a loooooong time. Still wasn't entirely happy I was on the correct gearing, but I know I'm kinda in the ball park, so something to play with next time.

Ended up with a motor setup of;
FT Xstock, Flines, Red/Red, seemed to work pretty well. Was tempted to try the black/black it came with originally, but thought the red's would help to produce a bit more grunt for the infield.

Cheers
Ed
Old 10-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

hey bill, ygpm
Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Bill Thanks for the help this weekend

Need to work on a couple of things then its Game ON
Old 10-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SRW141
How was the turnout for 12th scale at Mimi's yesterday?
Theres no offroad at mimis... I think there was around 5 12th scales.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Apl Hed
hey bill, ygpm
it here on the way first thing monday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.