R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2007, 05:59 AM   #9391
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGame View Post
Theres no offroad at mimis... I think there was around 5 12th scales.
Just wanted to see what the turnout was like. Thinking about running 1/12th at the Regionals.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:38 AM   #9392
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,962
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Bill ygpm
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:49 AM   #9393
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

vic you got mail
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #9394
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,365
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Just got back from the first round of the Carpet Wars championship over here in the UK.

Had a pretty good day...Ended the first round of Q in 8th, then didn't improve in the second (not helped by running 6.0FDR on an X... when most others were running 6.4 on CO's... opps!), so dropped to 18th.
Changed the setup a little on the front end of the car to settle it down (wider track and no arm sweep), and geared the motor slightly more sensibly, and 3rd round back up to 10th
4th and final round, fiddled with the gearing a little more (slightly lower), and had a good clean run, and ended up with a time fast enough for 7th o/a Well chuffed.

In the final, managed to sneak past one car at the first turn, and then seemed to be stuck on my own for the first minute, with a group of 5cars ahead by about 1-2 seconds, and another group 2seconds behind. Managed to slowly creep up to the back of the front pack, and was up to 4th at one point before a slight tangle with 3rd dropped me to 5th.... still well happy on that result, best race result i've had in a loooooong time. Still wasn't entirely happy I was on the correct gearing, but I know I'm kinda in the ball park, so something to play with next time.

Ended up with a motor setup of;
FT Xstock, Flines, Red/Red, seemed to work pretty well. Was tempted to try the black/black it came with originally, but thought the red's would help to produce a bit more grunt for the infield.

Cheers
Ed
Never got to play with the X motor much but from what I remember you wanted to be somewhere around 7.0 to start with that motor. CO27's always liked to be geared higher than most EPIC motors. Now wait til you play with TOP based motors.....talk about hanging a gear!
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #9395
Tech Addict
 
Nathan Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Just got back from the first round of the Carpet Wars championship over here in the UK.

Had a pretty good day...Ended the first round of Q in 8th, then didn't improve in the second (not helped by running 6.0FDR on an X... when most others were running 6.4 on CO's... opps!), so dropped to 18th.
Changed the setup a little on the front end of the car to settle it down (wider track and no arm sweep), and geared the motor slightly more sensibly, and 3rd round back up to 10th
4th and final round, fiddled with the gearing a little more (slightly lower), and had a good clean run, and ended up with a time fast enough for 7th o/a Well chuffed.

In the final, managed to sneak past one car at the first turn, and then seemed to be stuck on my own for the first minute, with a group of 5cars ahead by about 1-2 seconds, and another group 2seconds behind. Managed to slowly creep up to the back of the front pack, and was up to 4th at one point before a slight tangle with 3rd dropped me to 5th.... still well happy on that result, best race result i've had in a loooooong time. Still wasn't entirely happy I was on the correct gearing, but I know I'm kinda in the ball park, so something to play with next time.

Ended up with a motor setup of;
FT Xstock, Flines, Red/Red, seemed to work pretty well. Was tempted to try the black/black it came with originally, but thought the red's would help to produce a bit more grunt for the infield.

Cheers
Ed
Infield Ed it must of been Flat out all the way for a stock motor

Well done on your A final matey

And for the White springs
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #9396
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Parker View Post
Infield Ed it must of been Flat out all the way for a stock motor

Well done on your A final matey

And for the White springs
Was very close to it, just slight lifts to get the nose tucked in...
And the same to you boss...

(I'll want em back too!)
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #9397
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
Never got to play with the X motor much but from what I remember you wanted to be somewhere around 7.0 to start with that motor. CO27's always liked to be geared higher than most EPIC motors. Now wait til you play with TOP based motors.....talk about hanging a gear!
Cheers for the tips Bob.

I tend to treat X's like Roars, seem to like similar gearing. I remember the first time i ran a CO though... geared it up 5 teeth compared to a monster!

I just screwed up my inital gearing guess yesterday though... showing my lack of racing recently! Still roll on Rd2

Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #9398
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,985
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

hey BOB i am making my first trip to cleveland this year and am exited

i have the 19t orion firured out but cant seem to figure out the orion core stock do you have any experience with it. which brush which brush cut best temp to run it at and gearing advide as compared to a co27

any think would be a major help thanks.

I met you at the express race last year you might rember me.
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #9399
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

guys we are updating are team list if your not on there e-mail me


thanks
bill
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #9400
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 227
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TurboT
Default

Vic, you have PM and e-mail on the sympatico. Please shoot me a PM.
__________________
Team Great Hobbies
Team Durango Canada
Exotek
TurboT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #9401
Tech Master
 
ooliganRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Under that rock you just kicked over!!!!
Posts: 1,040
Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC
Default

hey bill.

Hows things...hope ya bro is ok.....

did anything leave you today?

I had a crap day yesterday, had to use some shite C2 i found in the bin... car was good but lacked driver and speed.

got that combo sorted for final.. driver and speed fixed.... car broke...typical.

as ed says bring on round 2
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #9402
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 227
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TurboT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooliganRC View Post
hey bill.
I had a crap day yesterday, had to use some shite C2 i found in the bin... car was good but lacked driver and speed.

got that combo sorted for final.. driver and speed fixed.... car broke...typical.

as ed says bring on round 2
Lol, welcome to my life! Hehe! It get's better, though.
__________________
Team Great Hobbies
Team Durango Canada
Exotek
TurboT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #9403
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,365
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAce701 View Post
hey BOB i am making my first trip to cleveland this year and am exited

i have the 19t orion firured out but cant seem to figure out the orion core stock do you have any experience with it. which brush which brush cut best temp to run it at and gearing advide as compared to a co27

any think would be a major help thanks.

I met you at the express race last year you might rember me.
What's up Ace. Of course I remember you! Congrats on Cleveland....you'll have a blast.

My experience with any TOP motor is that they are always lower RPM more tourqe than any EPIC's. They run hot. No two ways about it. I honestly do NOT like or recommend them in stock. The Core just never lived up to it's potential. If you HAVE to run them then I would start out with two mm lower rollout than what you would be running the CO27 at. Try a XXX (do they still make them for stock?) or another "enduro" type brush, with heavy springs. Make sure your hoods are perfect and your bushings are polished. Go over your car's drive train and replace any worn bearings. I have a feeling that if you run this motor, you will really need to make sure your car is spot on in terms of maintenence and setup.

Just remember what I said in my earlier post...watch your lap times.
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #9404
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

also you want to brake in the motors with out a fan let it get hotREALY
HOT

the mags on them are very strong and they dont have much in rpMs
but leting them get hot will lower the mag field

so brake in the motor for 20m or so then retune it

767 with red and red will be a good starting piont

i wil be there the last 2 days to tune
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:00 PM   #9405
Tech Elite
 
THeGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL.D View Post

i wil be there the last 2 days to tune
uHmmmmmmmmm
__________________
Team Gravity Rc - G's R/C Raceway and Hobbies - Waldorf RC - TheTrack
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fullthrottle 3800s sale BILL.D Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 4 01-25-2009 09:23 PM
FULLTHROTTLE CARPET CHAMPIONSHIPS BILL.D Racing Forum 380 11-12-2008 07:03 PM
Fullthrottle Motor sports RC MARKET Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 6 09-20-2008 03:01 AM
2007 fullthrottle motorsports onroad CHAMPIONSHIP'S BILL.D Racing Forum 445 06-12-2007 09:33 AM
fullthrottle motorsports 3800s blow out sale BILL.D R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 07-20-2006 11:41 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:12 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net