Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2923Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Anybody looking for a brand new CRC WTF-1? I am selling one for $220 shipped.

Click here -> http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...d-new-box.html
Old 10-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

So turn f1 into a class that the throttle is held flat and you never have to lift???.....stupid.....and adding cost....why are electric guys so good at killing classes??...
Old 10-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
So turn f1 into a class that the throttle is held flat and you never have to lift???.....stupid.....and adding cost....why are electric guys so good at killing classes??...
Nobody said that. The 25.5 is easier to drive and you can use all the available power when you apply throttle but you definitely cannot go around the track without lifting.

Mark
Old 10-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Depends on track.
You guys have the shorty short tracks and i can understand that you need a milder motor but when the track is bigger it turns into a parade.
I thought that F1 wasn't a novice class but a highly tech class with drivers that know how to use the throttle perfectly?
What would be next then? A even higher turn motor so anyone can run a F1 without spinning out?

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by scirocco14
Nobody said that. The 25.5 is easier to drive and you can use all the available power when you apply throttle but you definitely cannot go around the track without lifting.

Mark
Old 10-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Mark
If all your after is "easier to drive" put in a Tamiya mabuchi 380 with a 1 cell lipo. Then you can have the ultimate yawn class.

I was under the impression that UF1 was going to go to 25.5?.. ( rumor or no?)..f1 is perfect as it is..no tweaking needed....although even if UF1 went 25.5 , local clubs could still decide to stick to 21.5.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

If all your after is "easier to drive" put in a Tamiya mabuchi 380 with a 1 cell lipo. Then you can have the ultimate yawn class.

I was under the impression that UF1 was going to go to 25.5?.. ( rumor or no?)..f1 is perfect as it is..no tweaking needed....although even if UF1 went 25.5 , local clubs could still decide to stick to 21.5.
Not sure why you're picking on me, I'm against the 25.5 motor in F1. I like it as is with the 21.5 motors, if you'll go back a few posts and read what I wrote.

UF1 itself is defunct, so going forward not sure who will be guiding the F1 rules.

There is a push by some (not me) for 1S 13.5 motors in F1 because it makes them easier to drive as well, but still has the top end speed. This is being pushed mostly by guys who already have 1S 13.5 setups.

Mark
Old 10-04-2015, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Not sure why you're picking on me, I'm against the 25.5 motor in F1. I like it as is with the 21.5 motors, if you'll go back a few posts and read what I wrote.

UF1 itself is defunct, so going forward not sure who will be guiding the F1 rules.

There is a push by some (not me) for 1S 13.5 motors in F1 because it makes them easier to drive as well, but still has the top end speed. This is being pushed mostly by guys who already have 1S 13.5 setups.

Mark
Not trying to pick...didnt know uf1 is defunct...just dont like all the electric " i want easy easy stuff"..... I race nitro 1/8 on-road (exact opposite of easy)...and like a car that you are able to make up time with after a couple bad corners...you get behind a little with WAY underpowered cars and your race is over.. Thats not fun...or easy...its frustrating...and now 1 cell f1??... Even more dumb...hell.. 12th scale should still be 2 cell...
Old 10-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Not trying to pick...didnt know uf1 is defunct...just dont like all the electric " i want easy easy stuff"..... I race nitro 1/8 on-road (exact opposite of easy)...and like a car that you are able to make up time with after a couple bad corners...you get behind a little with WAY underpowered cars and your race is over.. Thats not fun...or easy...its frustrating...and now 1 cell f1??... Even more dumb...hell.. 12th scale should still be 2 cell...
I agree with you. It's a hard for any class to balance the difficulty of driving the car versus attracting new racers. If you make it too hard, some people will just simply quit and find some other class to race. If you make it too easy, then others will lose interest if the class doesn't reward driving skills, experience, and strategy.

Like someone else said above, I think the 21.5 motors in F1 provide a good balance of speed and challenge. In most situations you have to use throttle skills to be fast. People new to the class can simply dial back the throttle EPA until they get used to the cars. Then add throttle as their ability improves. Don't punish the skilled drivers who've learned how to do that.

Mark
Old 10-04-2015, 04:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

380 Mabuchi + 1s? Actually sounds like fun.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So as I see it, one small area of the country with an F1 decline is now influencing the change to lower horsepower to bolster their numbers because they can't keep interest? They are blaming the current motor package for the decline? Dig deeper. This is really shortsighted. We have the biggest turnouts in our area with people getting cars weekly to join the fray. To ask all our locals to buy new equipment because of ROAR all of a sudden has taken an interest in the class and is being influenced by certain people is really stupid. Good job people.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good one Racenut.
Just as it is.
Again a small group that desides what the rest needs to do.
Fubar.

Regards Roy
Old 10-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Here's the irony...1:1 scale F1 is one of the fastest most advanced cars in the world. In 10th scale, we try to slow it down as much as possible (25.5 motors) while banning innovation (IFS banned in certain areas, etc). Not trying to stir the pot. Just found this funny.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

At present, there is no official R/C F1 organization in the US. UF1 has been gone since late 2014. I am hoping that the USVTA organization and/or the former UF1 Midwest administrator will help maintain a universal set of rules. Without universality, it will be difficult to keep F1 from becoming a novelty.

Last edited by NutDriver; 10-05-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by littleZEN
Here's the irony...1:1 scale F1 is one of the fastest most advanced cars in the world. In 10th scale, we try to slow it down as much as possible (25.5 motors) while banning innovation (IFS banned in certain areas, etc). Not trying to stir the pot. Just found this funny.
The irony is that 1:1 F1 is going through that as well...they have long been trying to slow the cars down through grooved tires, more narrow wings (Fronts were widened later to make following close for passing work better), several reductions in engine size, HP, and RPM, banned innovative weight biasing system and other things they have banned.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The irony is that 1:1 F1 is going through that as well...they have long been trying to slow the cars down through grooved tires, more narrow wings (Fronts were widened later to make following close for passing work better), several reductions in engine size, HP, and RPM, banned innovative weight biasing system and other things they have banned.
...and don't forget the cars NO longer sound like race cars..they sound like 5 horsepower Briggs and Stratton engines...ridiculous...I say tear up the F1 engine rule book and give the teams a displacement limit and let them use their imagination...and get rid of the KERS crap and all this save the world "green energy" garbage... they are race cars for Pete's sake...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.