Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I never thought I'd get one either but you already know the problems we face running the HB.
Yeah. I know. Im glad mine is gone. Just miss electric TC.

I guess its Schumacher, Xray, or Tamiya for me. Haha, I have to admit, looks like a real nice car. And after you report on it, I will know how tough it is
Old 01-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Yeah. I know. Im glad mine is gone. Just miss electric TC.

I guess its Schumacher, Xray, or Tamiya for me. Haha, I have to admit, looks like a real nice car. And after you report on it, I will know how tough it is
You know I speak my mind The price of this car is the only down fall IMO.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:40 PM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i gotta say, i drove one with a 10.5 rubber on carpet and it was nicely setup out of the box.. only issue i had was the rear still felt a little taily coming off power from the fastest straight on our track.

interestingly enough, this car felt just a little more sluggish on transitions and felt like it was dragging the rear more compared to my TA05MS which has short arms, 1050 uprights/c-hubs and the TRF416WE setup thrown at it... to me they they almost felt like the same car to drive and required the same driving technique to get round the track (and also suffered the same issues)

in all honesty, after driving the TRF416WE, i would still like one.. but i agree the high cost will be prohibitive to many, myself included atm
Old 01-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The only bad thing about me being Tamiya ignorant is understanding how much toe the set up calls for since the blocks uses letters instead of numbers
http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30
Old 01-14-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

beat me too it...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

You know I speak my mind The price of this car is the only down fall IMO.
How tough is it compared to the HBs? Looks like the same sort of material.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
How tough is it compared to the HBs? Looks like the same sort of material.
That I don't know but parts are going to be easier to get and knuckles are sold in pairs
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

That I don't know but parts are going to be easier to get and knuckles are sold in pairs
OMG, I was cleaning my rc stuff a week or so ago, and I found SO many rear hubs. Stupid HBs packing. I mean, I loved the car, but its like, you NEVER break a rear hub (I never once did) And the fronts are like glass

Like I have said, I dont mind paying for a car, as long as it works. I know Marc always wins the big races and all with this car
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mine has proven to be very tough. It has taken a few traction rolls from the fastest part of our track into a concrete wall and has broke nothing. I have bent a screw in the front suspension rear pin mount, but other than that the car has been golden. After driving a TA05R I was worried that it was going to be a brittle car but it has proven me wrong.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Just think, even though the kit is a little more, you'll never have to go home early because parts aren't available.

So far, I've only bent 2 aluminum front universals, and pulled a ballstud out of a hub carrier. The car is pretty tough, although then again, nothing is tough going against SW's boards
Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Just think, even though the kit is a little more, you'll never have to go home early because parts aren't available.

So far, I've only bent 2 aluminum front universals, and pulled a ballstud out of a hub carrier. The car is pretty tough, although then again, nothing is tough going against SW's boards
SW use to be the tough on parts track....but not anymore. I have broken more on this carpet track running a 13.5 than at SW with a 3.5 in the car Does tamiya offer a steel front cvd/bone up front? I have never really like running alum up front in any of my cars.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SW use to be the tough on parts track....but not anymore. I have broken more on this carpet track running a 13.5 than at SW with a 3.5 in the car Does tamiya offer a steel front cvd/bone up front? I have never really like running alum up front in any of my cars.
Yup, they offer 42, 44 and 46mm driveshafts in steel. The WE kit uses 44's up front, and 42's in the rear.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=615&id=7713

HiH
Ed
Old 01-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TryHard
Yup, they offer 42, 44 and 46mm driveshafts in steel. The WE kit uses 44's up front, and 42's in the rear.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=615&id=7713

HiH
Ed

You guys are frickin' awesome. If I get this car and don't win at least one club race....it won't be because of lack of info
Old 01-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i wish tamiya would release alum. rear hubs. thats my biggest problem is the ball stud backing out of a rear hub and the hole gets stripped.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JCarr
Mine has proven to be very tough. It has taken a few traction rolls from the fastest part of our track into a concrete wall and has broke nothing. I have bent a screw in the front suspension rear pin mount, but other than that the car has been golden. After driving a TA05R I was worried that it was going to be a brittle car but it has proven me wrong.
So over all, how much stuff has broken? I mean, thats it. Or have you broken casters, and knuckles here and there?

Sounds pretty good! Haha, So pulling the ball stud out of the hub sounds like a problem with a few people?

You guys are frickin' awesome. If I get this car and don't win at least one club race....it won't be because of lack of info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.