Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking for a shock spring setup for my 6.1 I've looked through the thread but I see mostly vta setups
I'm running mod on a med to low bite asphalt track.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scooby61
Looking for a shock spring setup for my 6.1 I've looked through the thread but I see mostly vta setups
I'm running mod on a med to low bite asphalt track.
I use both AE springs and RSD springs. Currently for carpet I have RSD Red 15.5lbs up front with RSD Blue 14.4lbs in back. Mine are the older version so they newer ones might vary slightly in poundage. With the two sets you can always find a spring that will work good for you. This spring chart at Reflex has been very handy in deciding what to use. http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-Univ...art_ep_58.html
Old 05-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I've been running on an outdoor asphalt track and have been having really good luck with silver springs on the front and green on the rear. This past weekend my TC6 was literally on rails, I was punching full throttle through every tight corner and couldn't get my wheels to break loose in USGT

I ran the same setup with a 5.5T motor once and had similar results, it was more of a well balanced drift so to speak, where throttle controlled my turn radius and I pretty much went into every corner at full steering lock.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
I've been running on an outdoor asphalt track and have been having really good luck with silver springs on the front and green on the rear. This past weekend my TC6 was literally on rails, I was punching full throttle through every tight corner and couldn't get my wheels to break loose in USGT

I ran the same setup with a 5.5T motor once and had similar results, it was more of a well balanced drift so to speak, where throttle controlled my turn radius and I pretty much went into every corner at full steering lock.
Right now I have the kit stock silvers all around and have been fighting a push I've got the corner entry better but am still pushing in the center and under power on exit
Old 05-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

yeah, that's about what I was getting too, I think that's a contributing reason why I've stayed with USGT... plus the tires in USGT last about 3-4 months which is really nice on the wallet
Old 05-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

yeah, that's about what I was getting too, I think that's a contributing reason why I've stayed with USGT... plus the tires in USGT last about 3-4 months which is really nice on the wallet
What tires you runnin for USGT Bill? Are they the Ride spec tires?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RussF
What tires you runnin for USGT Bill? Are they the Ride spec tires?
no, I'm running RIDE 24024 tires with Sweep medium pink foam inserts on soft Speed Mind wheels.

Our local track has relaxed USGT rules which makes it a lot more fun for the drivers to have more tuning options
Old 05-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

rear diff is probably too thick... I like to run 80W shock oil in my rear diff.

Also try lowering your rear center of gravity.

Here's what I recently experimented with my TC6 on the rear links and I couldn't get my rear end kick out no matter how hard I hit the throttle in today's racing:

A little longer on those outer links posts and you could do away with the body posts HAHAHA. Coming down to SA Saturday for the AROCS race?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
A little longer on those outer links posts and you could do away with the body posts HAHAHA. Coming down to SA Saturday for the AROCS race?
LOL... I wish I could make it but my son has a basketball tournament... good news is that he only has one more tournament left, but bad news is he's also starting up in Lacrosse which means more tournaments...argh!

I really miss when we used to have Wed night racing... I might have to start driving down to RCHQ to get my R/C fix on Wed nights again!
Old 05-08-2014, 12:29 PM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RussF
I use both AE springs and RSD springs. Currently for carpet I have RSD Red 15.5lbs up front with RSD Blue 14.4lbs in back. Mine are the older version so they newer ones might vary slightly in poundage. With the two sets you can always find a spring that will work good for you. This spring chart at Reflex has been very handy in deciding what to use. http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-Univ...art_ep_58.html
Thanks for sharing the link to the RSD-Spring-Chart! Great help!

I also tried to compare the different springs by pressing both in line between thumb and index finger. As far as I understood, the softer one of both should be compressed completely befor the other. In some cases this didn't correspond to the manufacturing rates e.g. my RSD green are softer than AE green or one set of AE silver is little softer than another set of AE silver.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Questions?? Spool or front diff........ That is the question ;)

Hi guys

I have been searching this thread for a while now and while I have found some very useful info I'm still going to ask some questions.

I have just bought 2 used 6.1s and it am chasing a setup for low/medium traction outdoor asphalt track. I'm a little confused as I'm finding some setups that recommend a front spool and others listing a front diff.

I always thought front spools were only good on high bite tracks but maybe not

I'm very lucky in that the cars come with both but I want to have a fair setup before I get to the local track and fine tune from there.

Just going to be running blinky 21.5 & 13.5 if that's of any help.

Cheers
Boothy
Old 05-12-2014, 12:10 PM
jpx
Tech Adept

I used a spool running 17.5 on asphalt and carpet. I switched to 13.5 for this outdoor season and was happy with the spool at least for the first try.

I know some prefer a gear diff but I think it's a matter of your personal preference and allways has to fit with the rest of your setup. As far as I saw when checking out the team setups, e.g. Rick Hohwart also sometimes used a spool and the other time a gear diff on his TC6.1.

As you have both, why not prepare a gear diff, start with the spool and give it a try. Then change to the gear diff and compare. It only takes a few minutes to change from one to the other. And don't forget to post your experiences here!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpx
I used a spool running 17.5 on asphalt and carpet. I switched to 13.5 for this outdoor season and was happy with the spool at least for the first try.

I know some prefer a gear diff but I think it's a matter of your personal preference and allways has to fit with the rest of your setup. As far as I saw when checking out the team setups, e.g. Rick Hohwart also sometimes used a spool and the other time a gear diff on his TC6.1.

As you have both, why not prepare a gear diff, start with the spool and give it a try. Then change to the gear diff and compare. It only takes a few minutes to change from one to the other. And don't forget to post your experiences here!
Hi JPX

Thanks heaps for taking the time to reply! This thread seems dead now so much appreciated...

And I think I will do just that. Will set up one with the spool and the other a diff and go from there.

Thanks again

Cheers
Boothy
Old 05-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

New to all this OnRoad car stuff and dont really know what I am looking at. Would anyone mind take a few minutes and looking through the for sale ads to see which is good deal.

Looking to spend $180-240ish dollars as a roller.
Thanks.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
New to all this OnRoad car stuff and dont really know what I am looking at. Would anyone mind take a few minutes and looking through the for sale ads to see which is good deal.

Looking to spend $180-240ish dollars as a roller.
Thanks.
Just hang in there and pay attention you'll get more than a roller. Between me and my dad we bought 1 TC6 VTA roller for $180. Then we got wiser and waited it out and got his TC6.1 FT as a VTA ARTR for $300 along with body and tons of spares. Then just the other day I wanted to add a class along with my VTA car I'm running and we picked up a TC6.1 WC for $300 with tons of spares Speed passion ESC, and 17.5 Revtech motor pretty good deal.

I'll go and look around for you and will shoot you a PM on what I find that would be decent. What particularly are you looking for VTA or 17.5 TC or Mod TC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.