Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Originally posted by adelmundo

DANGIT Thats's the death of Touring Cars! Pretty soon all the cars will look like 1/8th scale cars! If you want a car with front one ways and solid rear, foam tires, and the Lola (1970's body which you don't even really see now-a-days in real 1:1 car racing) then get a 1/8th scale or even a 1/10th 235mm (ie Serpent Impact). TOURING CAR IS TOURING CAR! That's why it was created! To have cars that sort of actually look like mass production cars. Oh well...I'm just ranting (I also own a V-ONE R with front one way and solid rear, Lola VDS body, and foam tires hehehehe )

But are we having fun with what ya got last time I saw you you just turned your fastest laps at Delta with your touring car I did see that smile on your face
HAG - Just tested a new diff setup with dual Kyosho LSD's at DELTA last Sunday (using rubber tires and Stratus body) and I'll tell ya off power coming into a corner the thing really corners well, but coming out of the turn on power, the car has alot of straight line stability and has hole-shot acceleration since it acts like dual solid axles. It was kinda neat actually.

By the way just bought a stock rolling chassis V-ONE R from eBay. Anyone want to buy a stock rolling chassis MTX-2? I think I'm sticking with all V-ONE R's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by DanielSon; 05-31-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is the main difference between running a car with front oneway/rear solid axle and a car with front and rear diffs? Taking into consideration that the setup for both cars are identical and they are running rubber tires? If there are really a lot of differences, how do i optimize the front oneway/rear solid axle car on rubber tyres? Thanks.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Art: I might know someone who might want your mugen chasis whats the $$

I hope the weather holds up for sun as well
Old 01-22-2002, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

I might sell it for about $200 or so. Find out if that person is interested.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

In fact I'll bring it to DELTA this Sunday.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Will do

I will let you know one way or another.

Do you know anyone who can keep the rain away for just another week I just got back into racing after taking the last year off, man now I am all pumped up to go and it might rain
Old 01-22-2002, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by DanielSon
Jonthan- Got the TC3 bearings finally and also a redesigned mount for the pivot balls for our prototype. It is now a clamp. Also changed out the center 25mm screw to a stripper bolt cause at Rams on Sunday I bent that screw pretty bad, not enough strength in the 3mm screw. Ill have the updated parts for you when I see you.

Art- Hopefully the weather will hold for a race this Sunday at Delta.
Cool Son!!! Thanks for the bearings. Any chance you can get those turnbuckles for me?

Hey, it is a prototype. You'll get it going I am sure..

Seeya!!
Old 01-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

what hopups do you have on it adelmundo....
Old 01-22-2002, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

DANGIT Thats's the death of Touring Cars! Pretty soon all the cars will look like 1/8th scale cars! If you want a car with front one ways and solid rear, foam tires, and the Lola (1970's body which you don't even really see now-a-days in real 1:1 car racing) then get a 1/8th scale or even a 1/10th 235mm (ie Serpent Impact). TOURING CAR IS TOURING CAR! That's why it was created! To have cars that sort of actually look like mass production cars. Oh well...I'm just ranting (I also own a V-ONE R with front one way and solid rear, Lola VDS body, and foam tires hehehehe ) [/QUOTE]

Hey
I am tired of you lola haters... If you want a car with front one ways and solid rear, foam tires, and the Lola (1970's body which you don't even really see now-a-days in real 1:1 car racing) then get a 1/8th scale or even a 1/10th 235mm (ie Serpent.... If I want to spice up my Chinese food, are you going to tell me to just get Mexican instead. Dude... you can make your point, but don't use that arguement...because they are two completely different cars. Size of tires, motor, weight are all factors that attribute to different handling traits. If you have driven these diff. cars, you would know that. :

As far as death to touring cars. Why are you so concerned? Granted, the outlaw classes are gaining popularity and yes rc car manf. are making the touring cars faster...But touring cars will always have a place, because there will always be those that are attracted to the realism of the Stratus Race Cars ... I tell you what... if there is a way to go faster and you choose not to... then that is your perogative. But don't come out here and at other boards campaining against lolas because some of us want to choose to go faster. Sorry for being harsh, but as one of the orchestrators of the very first outlaw class races in Northern Ca, I take serious offense to any attempts that threatens the future of this class.

Which leads me to...York and Fraz have publicly stated their displeasure in how the fate of this class is determined by a disporportionally large number of beginner and sportman class members (most likely to vote against ) vs the expert class which want to run foams. They also said they would not run Castle this year if foams don't get voted. Don't know about you. I for one would hate to see these competitors leave.

Last but not least is that this open class has lead to some spectacular creations (ie, Dansby's floating rear mount ) and other ghetto ingenuity. All of which breaks up the monotany of just cleaning your car. Again...I am not ranting to be argumentative, but to all you lola haters, this time I had to say something.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
What is the main difference between running a car with front oneway/rear solid axle and a car with front and rear diffs? Taking into consideration that the setup for both cars are identical and they are running rubber tires? If there are really a lot of differences, how do i optimize the front oneway/rear solid axle car on rubber tyres? Thanks.
Could someone help please? Or at least where can I read up on this? Thanks a lot.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by MtX2ImPuLsEr

what hopups do you have on it adelmundo....
It's practically bone stock rolling stock car. It does have rear sways and side belt tensioner. I will include all spares for it, the battery pack and a slightly used HPI Mercedes CLK body. The car is clean as well.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Jonathan
DANGIT Thats's the death of Touring Cars! Pretty soon all the cars will look like 1/8th scale cars! If you want a car with front one ways and solid rear, foam tires, and the Lola (1970's body which you don't even really see now-a-days in real 1:1 car racing) then get a 1/8th scale or even a 1/10th 235mm (ie Serpent Impact). TOURING CAR IS TOURING CAR! That's why it was created! To have cars that sort of actually look like mass production cars. Oh well...I'm just ranting (I also own a V-ONE R with front one way and solid rear, Lola VDS body, and foam tires hehehehe )

Hey
I am tired of you lola haters... If you want a car with front one ways and solid rear, foam tires, and the Lola (1970's body which you don't even really see now-a-days in real 1:1 car racing) then get a 1/8th scale or even a 1/10th 235mm (ie Serpent.... If I want to spice up my Chinese food, are you going to tell me to just get Mexican instead. Dude... you can make your point, but don't use that arguement...because they are two completely different cars. Size of tires, motor, weight are all factors that attribute to different handling traits. If you have driven these diff. cars, you would know that. :

As far as death to touring cars. Why are you so concerned? Granted, the outlaw classes are gaining popularity and yes rc car manf. are making the touring cars faster...But touring cars will always have a place, because there will always be those that are attracted to the realism of the Stratus Race Cars ... I tell you what... if there is a way to go faster and you choose not to... then that is your perogative. But don't come out here and at other boards campaining against lolas because some of us want to choose to go faster. Sorry for being harsh, but as one of the orchestrators of the very first outlaw class races in Northern Ca, I take serious offense to any attempts that threatens the future of this class.

Which leads me to...York and Fraz have publicly stated their displeasure in how the fate of this class is determined by a disporportionally large number of beginner and sportman class members (most likely to vote against ) vs the expert class which want to run foams. They also said they would not run Castle this year if foams don't get voted. Don't know about you. I for one would hate to see these competitors leave.

Last but not least is that this open class has lead to some spectacular creations (ie, Dansby's floating rear mount ) and other ghetto ingenuity. All of which breaks up the monotany of just cleaning your car. Again...I am not ranting to be argumentative, but to all you lola haters, this time I had to say something.
[/QUOTE]

I hope they go Foams at least at CASTLE (at least in the Expert Class), whether they go Lola or not that's a difefrent story.
Old 01-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Well, I didn't expect to raise such an argument. Afterall, it's just a toy.

In fact, running diffs and oneways/rear axle needs different setup. Tyre is one thing. Your driving style is another. You can hardly optimize oneways/rear axle with rubber tyres due to the characteristics of the tyre compound. There's nothing wrong with rubber tyres. And there is no one setup suits for all tracks. Just too many things to mention.

So if I were you, I would run the car in stock set-up first and ask the guys in your track for the most suitable set-up/upgrade.

Afterall, it's just a toy.
Old 01-23-2002, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

well... i liked the idea of not having to fuss around with the diff oils though... Thanks anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.