Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 02:23 PM
ND
Tech Adept

pro3racer

Are you using threaded shoch bodies? If so just unwind the adjuster to remove pressure off the spring, and then your ride height will come down.

If they're not threaded bodies just move the plastic collar up

Hope this will lower ya wagon!!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

i got my rear shocks perfect, tweek, height, perfect. My front though, is way to high still, and my shocks are all the same(my cars an older one). My preload is all the way up too. So, i realized i have to put limiters on it. So, where do you put them, i read MF's setup sheet, and he runs at 2mm(i'm not goin that low), and he has limiters to get that low i guess.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

i got my rear shocks perfect, tweek, height, perfect. My front though, is way to high still, and my shocks are all the same(my cars an older one). My preload is all the way up too. So, i realized i have to put limiters on it. So, where do you put them, i read MF's setup sheet, and he runs at 2mm(i'm not goin that low), and he has limiters to get that low i guess.
Or use the 1" springs up front instead of the 1.15" springs.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Tell em pro3racer-I beleive ya.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

tell em what, am i making a point and not know it or something. I need to use my orange springs for my carpet setup, thats the best thing, but still, how do limiters work. and how do i install em.
I am running 1inch orange springs, not the 1.15s

Last edited by pro3racer; 11-25-2003 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

tell em what, am i making a point and not know it or something. I need to use my orange springs for my carpet setup, thats the best thing, but still, how do limiters work. and how do i install em. I am running 1inch orange springs, not the 1.15s
If you have built the shocks right, and you have the right springs on them, then there is something terribly wrong if you have 10mm of ride height! I guess the next thing to look at is the ball cups. Do you have the extra-long RPM cups on them or something? I run green 1" spring on the nose of my G+ and I start off with about 10-12mm of preload (the adjusting collar is 10-12mm down below the start of the threads) to get my desired ride height, then of course I place it on the tweak board.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Hey Pro something is definately out of place there I think. The limiters shouldnt matter on ride hight. Im sure that they go inside the shocks and limit how far they can extend. Thus setting your droop with the shock rather than the screw. When your car sits at ride height the shock shouldnt be to the limiters they should extend a little more when you pick it up. The TC3 was like that when they first came out. As long as your shocks went all the way in after the rebuild there almost has to be something screwy with your spring preload maybe the bottom spring cup or something funky like that. Like every problem I run into ya will probably kick yourself when ya find out what was wrong but thats how ya learn.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

yea, it's not 10mm, its like 5.5mm, but i want it to be at 3.4-4, like my rear is set right now. I don't know whats going on, my preload is like, 0 mm, the collar is all the way up, i'm running 1inch springs, 70 weight oil, my foams are 57mm high, no droop screws, 4r pivot, 2nd from inside upper shock mount, my ball cup on the end of the shock is all the way screwed on to the shaft. I didn't do anything weird with a setup, this stupid car is cursed, i really should go buy a tc3, no, i wont.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Tech Initiate

pro3racer, first check the lower spring perch and see if it is seated correctly. I had this problem before. I too have the older XXX-S. Check to see if the shock bodies are the same. If they are, you have to replace the front shock bodies with the new "short" shock bodies. The older version came with the long shock bodies up front and I found the suspension got bound up when I used more than 2 degrees of kick up. Hope this solves it. Good luck.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

walla, hurray, o;ay, jose, it's a wondeful day!!!
Solved it, even though all four shocks look the same, and measure the same, i switched front and back, anf it works great, thanx guys for everything, now all i have to do is come up with 30 bucks for tires and entry fee.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

yea, it's not 10mm, its like 5.5mm, but i want it to be at 3.4-4, like my rear is set right now. I don't know whats going on, my preload is like, 0 mm, the collar is all the way up, i'm running 1inch springs, 70 weight oil, my foams are 57mm high, no droop screws, 4r pivot, 2nd from inside upper shock mount, my ball cup on the end of the shock is all the way screwed on to the shaft. I didn't do anything weird with a setup, this stupid car is cursed, i really should go buy a tc3, no, i wont.

Sounds to me like your front springs are too stiff then if everything is built correctly. Here is a simple rule of thumb of springs, ALL springs:

If you have zero preload and the nose is jacked up, the spring is too stiff for the application. If you crank the preload collars way down and the car still sits too low, the springs are too weak for the application. You said you are running orange springs, those are 35lb rate springs, the second heaviest Losi springs. Try a set with less spring rate and see what happens. Also when you are checking your ride height, you do have everything in the car correct? (battery, motor, servo, etc?)
Old 11-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

i do have all my electronics in, and for a carpet setup, on a losi, you really should be running black and orange springs, i need to get s spring set btw, i have many asphalt springs, but only two carpet ones, kinda odd huh.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking need some info!

what is the use of low roll center and what is the effect of putting them in the rear and front of the kit??
Old 11-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Low roll center will provide more on power traction. If you use low roll centre in front and hi roll center at rear, the car will have more steering, in opposite, the car will grap more rear traction. I suggest to have both low roll center on low grip track, like rubber on carpet, but low centre only at front on hi grip track. The stock setting is good for full 4WD, but if you run a front one-way, better have the both low roll center install at the front and rear.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking

Originally posted by audiaudi
Low roll center will provide more on power traction. If you use low roll centre in front and hi roll center at rear, the car will have more steering, in opposite, the car will grap more rear traction. I suggest to have both low roll center on low grip track, like rubber on carpet, but low centre only at front on hi grip track. The stock setting is good for full 4WD, but if you run a front one-way, better have the both low roll center install at the front and rear.
the bumper in the front and rear have droop adjusment, do i have to cut it?? cuz it seems it touch the arms with it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.