Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi I just got a 6.1 and wanted to know if anyone has any setups for rubber tire carpet.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carl jr
Hi I just got a 6.1 and wanted to know if anyone has any setups for rubber tire carpet.
rc10.com has a bunch of them.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is there a way to keep the front belt from touching the rear part of the top deck?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
Is there a way to keep the front belt from touching the rear part of the top deck?
Which diff cam holder are you using, and at what setting?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
What were you using? We went through a few last year (at Leisure) that ranged from bad to worse until we tried and stuck with the LG2.
Sorry I did not see this... LG2, first time with it.... I was thinking this may be some of the problem, but after your post, that is not the issue.

So how does one tell if the belt is slipping? Could this be the cause of my handling issues?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Which diff cam holder are you using, and at what setting?
I'm using the stock settings. I sanded the top deck a little, hope this helps. When I replaced the front belt, the teeth was worned out in an angle. \|
Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi guys would installing a 4 deg caster block rather than my existing 6 deg block help me turn faster in the low speed technical section? I have had my steering knuckles flipped and anti dive making effective caster at 5 degrees. No anti roll bars at a med size asphalt track.

I was also thinking about adding ackerman. Would that help?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zzztech
Hi guys would installing a 4 deg caster block rather than my existing 6 deg block help me turn faster in the low speed technical section? I have had my steering knuckles flipped and anti dive making effective caster at 5 degrees. No anti roll bars at a med size asphalt track.

From my previous testing i would rather go to the ackerman option.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
From my previous testing i would rather go to the ackerman option.
Can you please elaborate a bit on this option?

thx
Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Brother, do you mind to take a pic and point me out where is Ackerman for tc6? Thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
I've been keeping the belt on mine a little tighter than I did on my TC5 for that reason.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

I dont have the problem that the belt is touching the rear. Isnt your deck tweaked?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Can you please elaborate a bit on this option?

thx
I could elaborate here for 10 pages, but in the end it's all on practice. So there's nothing like you try it.

Originally Posted by icefish
Brother, do you mind to take a pic and point me out where is Ackerman for tc6? Thanks
it's all on page 26 of the manual of the TC6.1 and on page 23 of the TC6, if you need more help say it.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey. I just got a TC6.1 kit and put it together. I'm trying to gear it for blinky 17.5 and I'm being told that I should start around 3.6-4.0 FDR at the track I'm going to run. So i got the optional 72T spur gear but with that gear there isn't holes in it like the stock 87T gear so I cant get to the back motor mount screw to tighten it down? I thought about drilling a hole in it to allow myself to get to the front motor screw, but Im afraid it will need to be to close to the actual teeth of the spur and it will weaken it. I see there is another screw hole that lines up with the bottom screw on the motor. Should I be just using the front and bottom screw? Or is there another solution I'm not seeing to be able to tighten the back motor screw?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Hey. I just got a TC6.1 kit and put it together. I'm trying to gear it for blinky 17.5 and I'm being told that I should start around 3.6-4.0 FDR at the track I'm going to run. So i got the optional 72T spur gear but with that gear there isn't holes in it like the stock 87T gear so I cant get to the back motor mount screw to tighten it down? I thought about drilling a hole in it to allow myself to get to the front motor screw, but Im afraid it will need to be to close to the actual teeth of the spur and it will weaken it. I see there is another screw hole that lines up with the bottom screw on the motor. Should I be just using the front and bottom screw? Or is there another solution I'm not seeing to be able to tighten the back motor screw?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes, use the 3rd mounting hole (bottom hole) when using small size spur gears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.