Search
Like Tree73Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2
Hi guys, I have been running a FX Pro in my 1/12th car for a little under a year now with no snags. I was using it at the local track the other day and half way through a run (19t 1/12th) it stopped working. The car was going down the main straight when it just stopped! If you hold the car in your hand and put the throttle on, the motor tries to rotate, but does n't. I took the motor out and tried another one, and it does the same, so it's not down to the motor, it is the speedo. The speedo was not hot at all so did not shut down. I did also try to do a reset but it is still the same. So guys, any ideas??! Thanks vary much for your help, I really want the speedo to work again as I think it's probably the best unit I have used, apart from the Tekin keypad speedo that I had many years ago!! Cheers, Chris.
Did you try another battery pack? Sometimes a bad cell will cause a speedo to act like that. It will have enough power to turn it on, but not enough power to do anything else, especaily in 19T.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Yeah mate, I forgot to add that I did indeed try another set of cells, sorry about that. Cheers!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default RX8 / T8 Questions

El Presidente`,

Jim, I have a couple quick questions for you. I have heard, and I am not sure if its true or not, but the word I keep getting is that the rotors on the T8 are bonded, not sintered. Is that correct? If so what advantages/disadvantages are there between the bonded vs. sintered rotors?

Second, I am most likely the only person who will thank you for holding off on your shippments until the motor problems are resolved. I would much rather wait a couple weeks for a product that is going to last instead of return a product for warranty replacement just so I can get it quickly. I understand that the failure rates are very low, but to your credit you stopped shippment, which in the end costs Tekin money instead of sending out products that have a very slight risk of failure.

Along with that, can you give me an update on the progress of the repairs and when we can expect to see this next batch of T8 motors start shipping? I have an RC8 waiting for a power plant!

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

For those of you interested, we have group set up on Facebook for Tekin.

Within Facebook, in your search box type "Team Tekin Appreciation Society" and you'll find us
Old 06-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by REVO-Beat-U
El Presidente,

Jim, I have a couple quick questions for you. I have heard, and I am not sure if its true or not, but the word I keep getting is that the rotors on the T8 are bonded, not sintered. Is that correct? If so what advantages/disadvantages are there between the bonded vs. sintered rotors?

Second, I am most likely the only person who will thank you for holding off on your shippments until the motor problems are resolved. I would much rather wait a couple weeks for a product that is going to last instead of return a product for warranty replacement just so I can get it quickly. I understand that the failure rates are very low, but to your credit you stopped shippment, which in the end costs Tekin money instead of sending out products that have a very slight risk of failure.

Along with that, can you give me an update on the progress of the repairs and when we can expect to see this next batch of T8 motors start shipping? I have an RC8 waiting for a power plant!

Thanks.
Hmmm, how about anyone from Tekin who can answer this?
Old 06-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Team Tekin

The magnets are sintered in all of our motors. Bonded magnets is a lower grade and lower cost way to manufacture. Bonded magnets are a magnetic material that is bonded together with a glue or epoxy. Sintered magnets are made with a process called sintering that allows for higher density of magnetic material due to less fillers and produces a stronger final product in terms of magnet strength and physical toughness. Many people, including us, have melted the solder out of our 1/10 motors and when cleaned up and resoldered they run fine. Many other sintered magnets are damaged by overheating even slightly.

We are still confident that the problem was process related and not the design or glue. The parts were simply not cleaned well and did not bond properly. We did make a design change as well to increase the strength by adding an end cap to the rotor.

We now have a few weeks of testing on the new rotors and all looks good. We are changing the rotor in every motor in stock and will resume shipping next week. We have enough Rx8 controllers and motors to fill all backorders and still have stock so we should finally get caught up very soon.

I am sure many are annoyed with us, but we think this was the right decision for the long term. Of all the challenges we could have faced this is the least of the evils since it does not typically damage the motor or the controller and the rotors are about as easy to change as pinion. We do understand it is still darn annoying on a race day. On the bright side it has given us a chance to show just how top notch our customer service and support is.

Other than the rotors the response has been extremely positive across the board. It should be smooth sailing from here except for the normal stuff. Things do break and this is a very demanding and abusive application.

Tekin Prez
Old 06-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you for the reply sir. I got confirmation today that our team esc/motors will be shipping to us next week. Looking forward to running your products. Thanks again.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just wondering what a good starting FDR using a redline 17.5 and rs pro. Running onroad, track is small to medium sized. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

most are in the mid 4's
Old 06-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Regular RS ESC

Can someone please answer this question? I am ready to make a purchase and need to know asap. I have been reading about a program problem that others are having regarding braking and drag brake. Does this braking problem happen with the regular RS, or is it only a problem with the RS Pro? Plan on putting one in an F104 and will definitly need late braking.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svines1972
Can someone please answer this question? I am ready to make a purchase and need to know asap. I have been reading about a program problem that others are having regarding braking and drag brake. Does this braking problem happen with the regular RS, or is it only a problem with the RS Pro? Plan on putting one in an F104 and will definitly need late braking.
I have been running my T4 on an asphalt and tried slammin' the brakes on and it ended up spinning out. I have been running an RS for close to a year and have had excellent braking.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have had no problems with the braking except for when I was running a borrowed LRP X11 13.5. With the X11 I had very little brakes, but when I put in my Redline 13.5 I had to turn the brakes down to 60%. The problem was with the LRP motor. Other than that I've never heard one complaint about the brakes on a RS or RSPro.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Sensor Harness

Can someone tell me the length of the Sensor Harness on the RS? Mine is shipping now and I want to order a braided black wrap for it.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Can someone tell me the length of the Sensor Harness on the RS? Mine is shipping now and I want to order a braided black wrap for it.
My 13.5/RS Pro combo came with a 200mm sensor lead. I got the 100mm version as a seperate item.

Hope that helps
Old 07-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Team Tekin,

Something to think about here for you. I am in the process of finishing up converting my RC8 into an RC8E. I just received the RX8 and T8 2050k combo from you yesterday. I am using the AE electric conversion kit to do this transformation. The lead wire on the RX8 to connect to the receiver is about 2 inches to short to mount in the RC8 with their conversion kit. I am going to have to run the wire under the dogbone or someplace like that so shielding is most likely going to be required to protect the wires.

You may want to consider making the lead a couple inches longer in the future because I am sure there will be plenty of people doing the same conversion I am doing.

Also, there were only three wires in the box with the ESC/Motor, when it requires 5 wires? The manual also talks about mounting tape that should be in the box and there isnt any? Time to crack the whip Jim! When your ready, I have over 15 years marketing experience, I can fix you guys up (will work to race!).

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.