Like Tree71Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Old 07-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Cain
Any tips on using the Tekin RS Pro BE with a No Prep Drag setup for what is growing these days?
Start slow and work up as car handles it...

Make sure you install our cap even if you add additional caps.

Only a few pulls and then give it a rest... These are max setups made for one good pass that cannot be driven back and forth and doing back to back runs or launches.

Lots of ways to go fast, but the sweet spot seems to be 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 motor with low motor timing and some boost and turbo added. Many use silly 2.0 motors or 2.5 motors but hard to get even a 3.5 to really hook up in most cases uinless using Rx8 and dual mode so they are running in sensorless once launched.
Cain likes this.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Torque limit

I know the torque limit is a really good tuning aid but is limiting the torque though out the power band of the motor or just the bottom end?
Old 07-27-2020, 04:36 PM
Team Tekin

Anytime you increase throttle it is limiting the torque briefly. It does have the most effect at the bottom end, but is working through out the power band.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Anytime you increase throttle it is limiting the torque briefly. It does have the most effect at the bottom end, but is working through out the power band.

thanks. One other question will there be any way of increasing the the throttle frequency to 16khs and 32khz like on the hobby wing
Old 07-28-2020, 12:11 PM
Team Tekin

No. We have tested it and see no performance or feel advantages with the higher frequencies.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Whst happened to fw ver 272? I have 2 gen speedos, 1 at 258 and 1 at 272 but I cant seem to find 272 anywhere to udpate the 2nd speedo with.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:11 PM
Team Tekin

258 is the last supported version for Gen2 esc's. We did release a V272 but never got it ROAR approved so we removed it from Hotwire. For those that really want 272 and do not have to run a ROAR legal software we can still give it to you.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

258 is the last supported version for Gen2 esc's. We did release a V272 but never got it ROAR approved so we removed it from Hotwire. For those that really want 272 and do not have to run a ROAR legal software we can still give it to you.
Understood.
I noticed on the hotware download page the previous versions listed but it doesnt appear as those they are downloadable, it would be nice if they were shown as downloadable links to make it easy for someone to rollback should the need arise at any point.
Old 08-17-2020, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

No. We have tested it and see no performance or feel advantages with the higher frequencies.
but the rsx pro can do it? The higher frequencies make mod buggies easier to drive in the uk
Old 08-17-2020, 02:59 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by mtveten
Understood.
I noticed on the hotware download page the previous versions listed but it doesnt appear as those they are downloadable, it would be nice if they were shown as downloadable links to make it easy for someone to rollback should the need arise at any point.
We are not encouraging people to use V272 in Gen2 esc's so it is not posted on the website anymore. You can email [email protected] and we can send you a link to download the older version.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:03 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Smoking motor..
but the rsx pro can do it? The higher frequencies make mod buggies easier to drive in the uk
It does change the feel, but you can get the same thing by adding some throttle curve. That is effectively what higher Frequencies do is just move the throttle response so it is mild in the bottom and middle and then catches up quickly in the last 10 to 20% of throttle before full on where there is no frequency.
To be honest we do not think it improves performance, and in fact decreases it at some point due to all the switching losses. It creates a feel and there are better ways to do it in our opinion.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

That is pretty much what I need as there is too much torque at the bottom end. If I reduce the torque to about 45% and kill boost and timing the car is driveable but a loose out on the straights due to the torque limiter.

how does the throttle curve reduce the torque output?
Old 08-19-2020, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

It does change the feel, but you can get the same thing by adding some throttle curve. That is effectively what higher Frequencies do is just move the throttle response so it is mild in the bottom and middle and then catches up quickly in the last 10 to 20% of throttle before full on where there is no frequency.
To be honest we do not think it improves performance, and in fact decreases it at some point due to all the switching losses. It creates a feel and there are better ways to do it in our opinion.
hi this what I want to do but I canít get hold of gen 3 Bluetooth programmer in the uk for love nor money.

so could you send screen shot of the profile that would soften the bottom end and give me decent mid and top end
Old 08-29-2020, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

does anyone know why the esc temp is greyed out?

Old 09-19-2020, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smoking motor..
does anyone know why the esc temp is greyed out?
If the ESC gets too hot, you want to have thermal protection active, which could be the reason why you can't unselect it to increase the amount of sampling time available..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.