Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
Hi Uriah! Just wanted to ask if I get more power if I make the exhaust bigger (mirror finish) in the crank case? Hope you can enlighten me
Depends on the engine, on some engines that can help. On these Novas and Sirio's it does not really do much, although it does help slighlty. The power gain is most evident in some of the lower quality engines that are really restricted.The outlet is plenty big for the gas coming out on most engines, and after a few runs the polished part will become tarnished. You should have the exhaust outlet be pretty close to the size of the header, and the case should surely match the exhaust port on the sleeve. By no means does it hurt to polish the exhaust, but the power gains are minimal for the amount of time spent doing it. Would be interesting to see just that on a dyno.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Uriah! Let you know when I get the engines. I will get the Xenons for you on June - will just trade it with Murnan Sirio sti
Old 05-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

i baught my murnan sirio evo 3 from uriah at the winter nats and it is still just as fast as the day i got it and it has already a gallon in it great work by murnan will definately get another when i kneed
Old 05-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
Thanks Uriah! Let you know when I get the engines. I will get the Xenons for you on June - will just trade it with Murnan Sirio sti
You got it.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Default Ninja RO1 Performance Update

Well I had another day to track test the Modified Ninja RO1. Performance was good, but it is not the fastest engine that I have. The mods made the engine really wake up, but it is not as fast as my modified Novarossi +35 yet. I am still trying to play with gearing keep the engine in it's powerband. I noticed with the Ninja that the bottom end is good, and the top is good, but where the +35 pulled hard at the beginning of second gear the Ninja is bogging (Midrange). I need to try 16, 19 pinions. I am sure that this will make the engine happier. My test team also ran a mod Ninja with 16-20 pinions, and the engine was in the powerband more than mine. We ended up adding .3mm worth of head shims to get optimal performance for the day. Please remember what we are comparing here. Novarossi +35 has a 14.5mm crank, ceramic bearing, balanced crankshaft, 9 port sleeve, and it cost $550. The Ninja does not have a balanced crankshaft, does not have ceramic bearing, 14mm crank, and a 7 port sleeve, and it cost $ 375. We are talking about almost $200 difference here. I think the Ninja is an excellent value.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Hi Uriah! Got the package today, you forgot to give me stickers . Hope you can send me some. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Uriah:
You got PM.
Andy
Old 05-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andyobaez
Uriah:
You got PM.
Andy
Got it. I will ship it tomorrow. You will have it on Friday.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
Well I had another day to track test the Modified Ninja RO1. Performance was good, but it is not the fastest engine that I have. The mods made the engine really wake up, but it is not as fast as my modified Novarossi +35 yet. I am still trying to play with gearing keep the engine in it's powerband. I noticed with the Ninja that the bottom end is good, and the top is good, but where the +35 pulled hard at the beginning of second gear the Ninja is bogging (Midrange). I need to try 16, 19 pinions. I am sure that this will make the engine happier. My test team also ran a mod Ninja with 16-20 pinions, and the engine was in the powerband more than mine. We ended up adding .3mm worth of head shims to get optimal performance for the day. Please remember what we are comparing here. Novarossi +35 has a 14.5mm crank, ceramic bearing, balanced crankshaft, 9 port sleeve, and it cost $550. The Ninja does not have a balanced crankshaft, does not have ceramic bearing, 14mm crank, and a 7 port sleeve, and it cost $ 375. We are talking about almost $200 difference here. I think the Ninja is an excellent value.
This makes me wonder if testing of the Ninja T01 will produce similar results - great value, but not the fastest engine. That would be a bit dissapointing, but like many products, there is a target market for any engine given it's price and performance.

A few RRR racers have chosen go to with the Sirio STI (which I noticed you're selling). Have you had a chance to do any testing with this engine and where do you think it fits in the pecking order in comparison to other engines?

WASP REV may turn out to be the engine to get given it's price and performance. Are you going to be carrying it?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uriah,

With the Ninja R01 were you experiencing the same temperatures as those on the ninja thread when you were doing your testing. they are reporting temps in the 260 and 280 range because of the large head opening. is that what you found in your testing, or were you experiencing the same temps as nova based engines.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

i have pitted for a guy at our track for the last couple weeks who has a new stock ro1. once it was finally broke in i leaned it out for max performance and it was running 225. he is running stock gearing in a mrx-4 which is a couple teeth too short for our track. the motor has great bottom end and midrange but it was pegged to the "redline"halfway down the back straight(280'). with a taller set of gears it looks like it might be able to hang with a stock c5(maybe).
Old 06-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dillinle
Uriah,

With the Ninja R01 were you experiencing the same temperatures as those on the ninja thread when you were doing your testing. they are reporting temps in the 260 and 280 range because of the large head opening. is that what you found in your testing, or were you experiencing the same temps as nova based engines.
I did hit 270 on the glow plug. If I tried to lean it more the power suffered. I did pop a glowplug in the engine when I really leaned on it. I really tried to abuse the engine, and it seems very durable. I ran pretty lean, just to test, and the piston/sleeve still are OK. I will try to blow it up again this weekend. I will try some really short gearing to see how high it can rev.

On another note.. We can't seem to break the crankshaft in the Mod Evo 3 STI, and believe me, we are trying. My tester ran the engine in 1st gear because he stripped 2nd early in the main. I told him to try to blow it up, by not letting off down the straights. The engine revved extremely high on every lap, and after the 20 minute main the engine came in at 260 F. Idling fine. There seems to be almost no limit to the revs this engine can produce.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Grinder in your opinion what would be a very competitive .12 for sedans and a .21 for 1/8 onroad? I ask this because I know you have alot more experience with different motors than I do

thx
Lou
Old 06-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grinder
On another note.. We can't seem to break the crankshaft in the Mod Evo 3 STI, and believe me, we are trying. My tester ran the engine in 1st gear because he stripped 2nd early in the main. I told him to try to blow it up, by not letting off down the straights. The engine revved extremely high on every lap, and after the 20 minute main the engine came in at 260 F. Idling fine. There seems to be almost no limit to the revs this engine can produce.
I've put 10 litres through my Sirio Evo 3 IFMAR. I got the version with the updated crank. No problems at all. Great engine. Now i've got an STI to play with. THis should be just as durable as it has the same material crank but has been hard coated.

p.s. Grinder, does the STI and Stock evo 3 share the same timing on the sleeve and the crank???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.