Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Old 06-04-2006, 12:23 PM
  #796  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
mugenb46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: springfield tn
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Murnan YGPM
mugenb46 is offline  
Old 06-04-2006, 06:48 PM
  #797  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 756
Default

Originally Posted by Grinder

On another note.. We can't seem to break the crankshaft in the Mod Evo 3 STI, and believe me, we are trying. My tester ran the engine in 1st gear because he stripped 2nd early in the main. I told him to try to blow it up, by not letting off down the straights. The engine revved extremely high on every lap, and after the 20 minute main the engine came in at 260 F. Idling fine. There seems to be almost no limit to the revs this engine can produce.
Rev...oh yes it can. My engine did want to just keep on going. This motor is insane. I've heard of peope using Novarossi carbs, but have had no problems with the Sirio carb.

Hey Uriah, even @ 16/22 on my RRR, I still think that might be to high for our track, especially how RPM-ish the motor is. I did try the 16/21 combo but was afraid to let it unwind. Now that my motor is fully broken in (1 1/2 gallon) I think I'll try it next weekend.

One note: Something strange happened to my motor. Right before we had a passing rain shower. I was getting ready to shift into second gear and it felt like the motor just slowed down. Everything was just slow all of a sudden. For a second I thought I blew the motor. I pulled the whole motor to inspect and found nothing wrong. (BTW, I did change the conrod after 1 gal.) So I found that I had to lean out the motor another 3/4 turn. Even then I was only running 220 deg. I don't believe the needle would back out that much. I also changed the glow plug. What gets me is that I've had to adjust the needle because of humidity and time of day (morning/night) but only in 1/16 to 1/8 increments if that. Never had to go 3/4 turn. So, is this something that I have to worry about?
Proteus is offline  
Old 06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
  #798  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
mugenb46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: springfield tn
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

murnan

can you tell me if you have done any picco roar leagal 12s. I know there not a high priced motor but i have ran one in a offroad truck and was wondering if you may have had good results after modding.
mugenb46 is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 01:55 PM
  #799  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default

It would be very interesting to see a Murnan Modified CRF engine ? If the power is 1,19HP stock and beat the fully tuned engines what would be a Murnan Team Orion CRF engine 1.25 ? 1.30 ?
barclayrc is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 08:45 PM
  #800  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
mugenb46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: springfield tn
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

ya have those even been released, very unique design. it will be cool to see what he can do to those.
mugenb46 is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 08:53 PM
  #801  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Proteus
Rev...oh yes it can. My engine did want to just keep on going. This motor is insane. I've heard of peope using Novarossi carbs, but have had no problems with the Sirio carb.

Hey Uriah, even @ 16/22 on my RRR, I still think that might be to high for our track, especially how RPM-ish the motor is. I did try the 16/21 combo but was afraid to let it unwind. Now that my motor is fully broken in (1 1/2 gallon) I think I'll try it next weekend.

One note: Something strange happened to my motor. Right before we had a passing rain shower. I was getting ready to shift into second gear and it felt like the motor just slowed down. Everything was just slow all of a sudden. For a second I thought I blew the motor. I pulled the whole motor to inspect and found nothing wrong. (BTW, I did change the conrod after 1 gal.) So I found that I had to lean out the motor another 3/4 turn. Even then I was only running 220 deg. I don't believe the needle would back out that much. I also changed the glow plug. What gets me is that I've had to adjust the needle because of humidity and time of day (morning/night) but only in 1/16 to 1/8 increments if that. Never had to go 3/4 turn. So, is this something that I have to worry about?

How old is the motor? It sounds like it just finished braking in when it richens up a lot for no apparent reason.
Racing4Evo is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 09:50 PM
  #802  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 756
Default

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
How old is the motor? It sounds like it just finished braking in when it richens up a lot for no apparent reason.

It's not too old. About 2 weeks old. That's what I figured that it just finished breakin in. I guess I have re-tune it again this weekend. I'll keep you all posted.
Proteus is offline  
Old 06-08-2006, 11:04 PM
  #803  
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,275
Default

Originally Posted by barclayrc
It would be very interesting to see a Murnan Modified CRF engine ? If the power is 1,19HP stock and beat the fully tuned engines what would be a Murnan Team Orion CRF engine 1.25 ? 1.30 ?
EdwardN has published the timing numbers of the CRF. If those are correct, the motor is already at the limit.
stefan is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 02:05 PM
  #804  
Tech Regular
 
2Fast4U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 460
Default

Uriah, Sent you a PM about a piston and Sleeve for a modded X12. I have one of the first X12's you did, 2 years ago. Finally wore it out. Heard that they don't sell teh X12 piston/Sleeve anymore. Any truth to that?
If i can get one let me know? Thinkin of getting a .12 ninja when they get here. Know anything about those?

Thanks

Tim
2Fast4U2 is offline  
Old 06-13-2006, 09:13 PM
  #805  
Tech Addict
 
rocca30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: fl
Posts: 589
Default

uriah any updates on the ninja motor? did you break it?
rocca30 is offline  
Old 06-14-2006, 06:26 AM
  #806  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rocca30
uriah any updates on the ninja motor? did you break it?
What's up? I managed to break the rod in my Ninja R01. It broke at the crank pin causing catastrophic engine damage.
Grinder is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 06:49 PM
  #807  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 317
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

uriah, What pipe works best with the 35 plus 21 and gets decent fuel milage?
no4hitter is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 07:16 PM
  #808  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (34)
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,604
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grinder
What's up? I managed to break the rod in my Ninja R01. It broke at the crank pin causing catastrophic engine damage.
How many gallons got through before breaking it? Or were u trying to make it break on purpose to see how much abuse it could handle?
Riketsu is offline  
Old 06-16-2006, 11:32 AM
  #809  
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Originally Posted by Riketsu
How many gallons got through before breaking it? Or were u trying to make it break on purpose to see how much abuse it could handle?
Uhm... you asked what I wanted to ask to Uriah... here, we're quite satisfied with the overall quality and performance of the Ninja R01.

Any photos of the carnage?
Corse-R is offline  
Old 06-16-2006, 11:54 AM
  #810  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Riketsu
How many gallons got through before breaking it? Or were u trying to make it break on purpose to see how much abuse it could handle?
I got about 2 gallons through it. I was pushing the engine too hard. I was not trying to break it, but I was pushing it as hard as it would go. I was actually warming the engine up getting ready to start my qualifying heat when the rod snapped. The car was in my hand when it went. It made a very violent jolt. 30K
to 0 revs instantly! I was probably revving the engine too high with out a load on it.
Grinder is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.