Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 02:38 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
It is a bit different from the kit but just more tuning options to choose from. The front arms and caster blocks are from the TC5. The rear arms are TC4 and the hub carriers are modified from the BD7. The servo mount and parts are all from the kit but I cut them down with a dremel. For my carpet rebuild I will be putting a brace across the top of my steering posts.

To be honest I haven't had a whole lot of track time on the 6.2 and this started out as just a duplicate of Steve Weiss' Reedy Race setup. His car looked amazing there so when I came over to AE I knew that's where I wanted to start.
Thanks a lot! I appreciate you answering all the questions put to you!
I also thought about getting a second servo mount brace to cut into two then having all options from one-piece, two piece or without a brace on the steering posts at all.

Is it possible to modify TC6.2 rear hub carriers instead of using BD7-parts?
Old 01-24-2015, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And why would you use older arms and hub from tc5 apart from terrible slop you get from 6.1 hubs
Old 01-24-2015, 05:38 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The reason for using the tc5/tc4 arm combo is that it gets the pin length ( in and out) the same front and rear. The car rolls more consistent in the corners and the feel of the drive is better. Yes you can use the 6.2 rear hub modifying the bottom to work on the tc4 arm. Just requires some dremel work.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:26 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ammdrew
The reason for using the tc5/tc4 arm combo is that it gets the pin length ( in and out) the same front and rear. The car rolls more consistent in the corners and the feel of the drive is better. Yes you can use the 6.2 rear hub modifying the bottom to work on the tc4 arm. Just requires some dremel work.
I still have some TC5 fromt and rear arms.
front: TC6.2 0.5mm shorter than TC5 and 2.5mm shorter than rear TC6.2
rear: TC6.2 2mm longer than TC5
So TC5 arms front and rear seam to be equal lenght to me.
But what is the lenght of the TC4 arms measured from center of one pin to the other (or with the pins installed from outside to outside of the pin)?
Old 01-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Tech Rookie

machine screws are in inches?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

millimeters
Old 01-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just used the front arm in the rear and removed a little material to make the rear hubs fit.
Without wanting to show off, I have to say my car is awesome right now. I could dominate the modified class in todays race even though I had no tracktime but ten minutes and drove this track the first time in two years.
This setup just works great on carpet. The only thing I adjust is the balance. The track today had much more steering than my hometrack, so I gave more rear toe in.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:40 AM
Tech Initiate

It is a bit different from the kit but just more tuning options to choose from. The front arms and caster blocks are from the TC5. The rear arms are TC4 and the hub carriers are modified from the BD7. The servo mount and parts are all from the kit but I cut them down with a dremel. For my carpet rebuild I will be putting a brace across the top of my steering posts.

To be honest I haven't had a whole lot of track time on the 6.2 and this started out as just a duplicate of Steve Weiss' Reedy Race setup. His car looked amazing there so when I came over to AE I knew that's where I wanted to start.
Ey Randy, iīd like to know, why you are using tc4 rear ams, and tc5 front arms?, why donīt use tc4 rear and front arms, or tc5 rear and front arms?, besides that the roll bar mounts are quite different between rear and front.

What did you use, to mount the rear roll bar mount?

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2015, 03:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpx
Thanks a lot! I appreciate you answering all the questions put to you!
I also thought about getting a second servo mount brace to cut into two then having all options from one-piece, two piece or without a brace on the steering posts at all.

Is it possible to modify TC6.2 rear hub carriers instead of using BD7-parts?
I'll be completely honest with you, I basically worked right past the parts that the setup didn't use so I don't know the exact differences with geometry. I lucked out a bit with my timing and was able to build my car with a setup that has already been proven to work well and I just copied it exactly.

That being said I have also seen plenty of 6.2's with kit geometry work extremely well, so both ways can definitely work just fine for those that don't want to switch out to the older parts.

Get a second CF servo mount piece and cut it up, I can get you a closer pic of how I cut mine if you'd like. Just another tuning option!
Old 01-24-2015, 03:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by nicorozog
Ey Randy, iīd like to know, why you are using tc4 rear ams, and tc5 front arms?, why donīt use tc4 rear and front arms, or tc5 rear and front arms?, besides that the roll bar mounts are quite different between rear and front.

What did you use, to mount the rear roll bar mount?

Thanks!
See my last post for why I'm running the suspension I am.

As for the swaybars, they are off the BD7. You'll need the plastic clamps from the TC5 to make them work.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So is ae working on any of this to release an update for us?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:41 PM
jpx
Tech Adept

I'll be completely honest with you, I basically worked right past the parts that the setup didn't use so I don't know the exact differences with geometry. I lucked out a bit with my timing and was able to build my car with a setup that has already been proven to work well and I just copied it exactly.

That being said I have also seen plenty of 6.2's with kit geometry work extremely well, so both ways can definitely work just fine for those that don't want to switch out to the older parts.

Get a second CF servo mount piece and cut it up, I can get you a closer pic of how I cut mine if you'd like. Just another tuning option!
I still have some TC5 parts so I just might give it a try. Also using front TC6.2 arms in the rear as posted by wtcc - just curious!

Pic of how you cut the servo mount piece would be nice. Might help ...
Old 01-25-2015, 06:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by jonston
So is ae working on any of this to release an update for us?
Right now I know about as much about a new car coming out as you do, but I'm pretty certain the 6.2 won't be the last TC that AE releases.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by jpx
I still have some TC5 parts so I just might give it a try. Also using front TC6.2 arms in the rear as posted by wtcc - just curious!

Pic of how you cut the servo mount piece would be nice. Might help ...
As for running front arms in the rear I'd definitely modify the shock mounting position and same for the swaybar mounting position.

Here's how I cut my servo mount, was just trying to make it look as clean as I could.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Randy

would it be possible to post a pic of where the tc4 rear arms sit in the arm mounts ?

I cant quite tell how far forward or back it is.

thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.