Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nexxus
So Tamiya are bringing out all the hop ups that 3 Racing made a year or so ago??

Nice bling, but from what I have seen, I doubt there'd be many real performance gains to be had.

That inboard suspension is intriguing though!

I also notice the MS has the provision for the MSXX Motor Air Duct!
Tamiya's carcon chassis looks narrower, compaired to all the other aftermarket brands.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
is it just me?? are all the graphite tub chassis tweaked even in brand new condition? the rear right side of my chassis lifted up quite a bit.

how do you untweak a car that is tweaked to begin with?
I am baffled that Tamiya's quality control continues to let this go when it is obviously not right and is as noticable as it is. However, borrow a setup and tweek station and you can adjust out the effect. I since bought these, I see your in SoCal, I'm there Tue and 1/2 time Sat, introduce your self and we can adj your car.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trf_racer
53990 TA05 Aluminum Bulkhead will be released in June, selling for 6000yen.
is the Aluminum Bulkhead be compatible with the tub chassis or it's only for the graphite chassis
Old 04-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by buboy28
is the Aluminum Bulkhead be compatible with the tub chassis or it's only for the graphite chassis
It's for plastic tub chassis. Why would they be for the TA05MS when it comes with it already....
Old 04-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
If this is any help to anyone, here is the screws you need to replace the Phillips on a TA05-R...

29x M3×8mm Round Head
8x M3×10mm Round Head
1x M3×12mm Round Head
19x M3×8mm Flat Head
14x M3×10mm Flat Head
6x M3×12mm Flat Head
1x M3×23mm Flat Head

Also on my blog - http://www.sosidge.com/2007/04/18/he...tamiya-ta05-r/
We can probably put this together in a Ti-Screw kit...minus the super long 23mm screw.

Steve Wang
Old 04-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

M3x20mm will *just* fit in the place of the M3x23mm, you would need to use a little threadlock too to hold it. I have an M3x20mm in there for the time being.

M3x25mm or longer would also fit too (it is the screw for the rear of the motor mount)
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

After racing sedans for over 10 years and having just about every tub chassis available through the years I can safely say...they are all tweaked! Every one, whether it's a TC3/4 Yok MR4, etc etc. There is no real way of pulling these things out of the mold and have them be 100% perfect. And you know why I don't care...becuase in 2 years of running this car I can not even in the slightest feel the slight tweak in the chassis...it flexes way to much for it to be an issue at all...This issue is truely mute!

I think a lot of people who have issues with cars turning harder to one side or the other, or spinning out in one direction are working with a poor setup...most likely with uneven droop setting etc.
Originally Posted by RaceBucks
I am baffled that Tamiya's quality control continues to let this go when it is obviously not right and is as noticable as it is. However, borrow a setup and tweek station and you can adjust out the effect. I since bought these, I see your in SoCal, I'm there Tue and 1/2 time Sat, introduce your self and we can adj your car.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

It's the difference between a Kia Rio and a Honda Accord...quality is worth the $
Originally Posted by nexxus
So Tamiya are bringing out all the hop ups that 3 Racing made a year or so ago??

Nice bling, but from what I have seen, I doubt there'd be many real performance gains to be had.

That inboard suspension is intriguing though!

I also notice the MS has the provision for the MSXX Motor Air Duct!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
We can probably put this together in a Ti-Screw kit...minus the super long 23mm screw.

Steve Wang
Steve,

Please Do! My Visa card is ready and waiting .

Jimmy
Old 04-19-2007, 09:46 AM
TEM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Core Creations
After racing sedans for over 10 years and having just about every tub chassis available through the years I can safely say...they are all tweaked! Every one, whether it's a TC3/4 Yok MR4, etc etc. There is no real way of pulling these things out of the mold and have them be 100% perfect. And you know why I don't care...becuase in 2 years of running this car I can not even in the slightest feel the slight tweak in the chassis...it flexes way to much for it to be an issue at all...This issue is truely mute!

I think a lot of people who have issues with cars turning harder to one side or the other, or spinning out in one direction are working with a poor setup...most likely with uneven droop setting etc.

Yeah! Most guys set the chassis to sit flat and think it's balanced; then they use setup blocks to set droop based on the chassis sitting flat and its WRONG! thats unless you have a perfectly flat chassis with perfectly balanced weight distribution with perfectly matched springs and I have not seen a car like that.

Balancing a chassis by weight L/R is a good idea; even close is good. After setting approx ride height; put it on a tweak station! Then you will see that the chassis don't sit flat L/R exactly. Setup station to set the camber, toe and throw(End points on steering). Then use the chassis lifting method to check droop! Car will handle same left and right this way.

A slightly warped chassis (doesn't sit flat on a flat board) is not a noticeable tweak. IF you physically twisted a chassis and one side twist easy and the other hard (like delaminated CF or loose bulkhead or top deck screws) then you got issues!...
Old 04-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My thing is that we've covered this. The people that were concerned before now know its not an issue. And the new people to the car who are concerned should trust that all the rest of us wouldn't keep using something if it were THAT bad. I know there are new people coming to the car all the time, but jezzz....talk about re-hashing a subject for about the 5 time.

If the chassis is too tweaked for someone, then get the graphite plate and believe all you want that its impervious to tweak. You'd be wrong of course, since not only are plate chassis just as capable of being tweaked, but it shows more in performance....but hey....its nice to believe in things.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

More pictures

Old 04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

NICE!! Bring on the MS!!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Is there anyone who just sells this as a kit instead of piecing them all together?
The same place that shipped your car sells the full aluminum or titanium screw set (hex type) with SILVER or BLUE color........you should ask, but I know we will order 3 of those pretty soon...LOL.(you Tamiya crazy should tell me about their screws at the beginnning...)
Old 04-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

how the hell do you quality control how a molded chassis cools?

temperature controlled environment? that just increases the price. so much for a budget racer.

so like Darkseid said, adjust your set up. ive never had problems with the plastic or graphite tubs being tweaked. the traction at the tracks i run at are NOT high enough to even feel the difference. even at SIR (indoor high bite asphalt, which acts like carpet it has so much traction.), i couldnt tell the difference.

nice pix trf_racer. so when's the next scheduled release for the next batch of photos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.