Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cyba888
I think the 710 forum on rctech.net uses the most smilies. There are like a 100 smilies per page
I blame D!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
Congrats to the team rcpanama. I think that the UTI / LT combo in the rear makes the rear RC a little higher than stock UBI / LB. Perhaps with a front diff it is a better combo since the slightly higher rear RC will make the rear of the car rotate better.
Thanks D, can you please explain what you do mean in regards to the UTI / LT combo the two of us are using the front Diff.

If I understood correctly this is what we should use and that the UBI / LB should be without the front Diff ???????
Old 10-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

I think the 710 forum on rctech.net uses the most smilies. There are like a 100 smilies per page
I blame D.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Your not counting the new SpeedMinds you comandeered from my box, then?.
shh...

They dont count as they have been scrubbed in. I only count "new" tires in the box..
Old 10-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default In the next ...

Visit 3hobby.com in the next couple of hours to see our friend giving AMCC a run!

The bad news is that he brought rain when he came and took away the sunshine warmth when he left.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

I am wondering about buying some ceramic bearings from Acer, for my 710. My question is, are bearings like that, maintaining free?? Need for lube or cleaning. Sometimes we race in rain.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Finken
I am wondering about buying some ceramic bearings from Acer, for my 710. My question is, are bearings like that, maintaining free?? Need for lube or cleaning. Sometimes we race in rain.
For best performance, you should regularly clean and re-lube your bearings.

Rain will affect ceramic bearings less than normal steel ball bearings.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello.

Finally i received all the parts and my car is back on track
www.eskadra.com/serpent.avi

Take it easy on me, its my 3rd time driving rc car
Max
Old 10-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Hi again

Whats your opinion on diff vs oneway, on a small tecnical track. Will a diff give me less turn in or less steering out of a turn vs oneway.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Hi again

Whats your opinion on diff vs oneway, on a small tecnical track. Will a diff give me less turn in or less steering out of a turn vs oneway.
A one-way will always give better turn in but for a small technical track, unless you are very comfortable using brakes with a one-way and your car is perfectly set-up, you will lose to a similar car with a diff.

Use a diff for a tight, small technical track. You can still find the best diff setting for the cornering.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
I blame D!
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I blame D.
Are you guys twin brothers?
Old 10-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcpanama
Thanks D, can you please explain what you do mean in regards to the UTI / LT combo the two of us are using the front Diff.
UTI / LT gives a slightly higher RC than the stock UBI / LB. You will see most of the time that people complain that even with the oneway, the car understeers out of the box. What more if you put a front diff in, right?

So making the rear RC slightly higher, you prevent the rear of the car from rolling and thus will make the car easier to rotate around the corners. This is good when you have a front diff.

Originally posted by rcpanama
If I understood correctly this is what we should use and that the UBI / LB should be without the front Diff ???????
Not necessary. Well, it all depends on your overall setup. You can use any combo so long as it is suited to your driving style and setup. I'm just saying what those RC settings willl do to the car generally.

For example if your car is already twitchy and with a lot of steering and you find that the rear of the car always stepping out, you could put a lower RC in the rear to stabilise and get back some of the mechanical grip. That is why the page 17 of the Setup booklet is very PRECIOUS information.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Prophet

For the same setup, a diff would give less turn in AND less steering out of a turn when compared to a oneway.

When you turn in off power, corner speed is scrubbed away because of the diff action.

When you turn out on power, the power to the inner wheel is bleed off due to the diff action.

But if traction at your track is low and your track layout requires a lot of hard braking, you may be better off with a front diff like what Onkel Sow mentioned.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Where are happy bunch at serpent
Old 10-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sparksy
shh...

They dont count as they have been scrubbed in. I only count "new" tires in the box..
Yes MR "I've got no tyres to race with, we have to get new ones"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.