Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

[QUOTE=chocolatemilk;9742621]Hey guys I'm about to buy upgraded shock towers... What ones are the best that I wont have to replace again??? Carbon or aluminum?[/QUOTE

Losi. Have had them on two trucks and they work great.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Divey;9742124]Guys I am getting my truck this thur and it comes with a MMP/1410 and a jr servo. It also has the upgraded diff pins. I have about $200 bucks extra to spend. What part(s) should I get. I'm not a racer except for backyard racing on my own track and friends tracks and maybe the occasional club races locally here. So $200 out the door is my limit. This truck is for my wife and she drives hard. I chose the SC10 4x4 which is here tomorrow. Huge AE fan but I am leaning towards the Losi and wanting to trade.
Thanks

Losi tuning kit and aftermarket chassis. Or carbon shock towers and aftermarket chassis. You can get the tuning kit and bump chassis for around $200. Or bce chassis and carbon towers and aluminum shock caps for a little less. Truck should be almost indestructible after these upgrades. I recommend the first route as the tuning kit comes with all the good stuff. Losi aluminum towers sometimes can bend. Go with carbon.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chocolatemilk
Hey guys I'm about to buy upgraded shock towers... What ones are the best that I wont have to replace again??? Carbon or aluminum?
carbon.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Hey guys I'm looking for the parts explosion of the entire truck. Can't find crap online. The rear diff case looks like it ate itself at the rear pinion. Can't seem to find what parts go on the rear pinion itself and any spacers as well.

Thanks
have you tried googling "losi SCTE manual", then looking at the last few pages of it?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chocolatemilk
Hey guys I'm about to buy upgraded shock towers... What ones are the best that I wont have to replace again??? Carbon or aluminum?
I would go with Xtreme Racing 4mm towers but maybe that is just me
http://www.xtremercracing.com/TEN_SCTE.cfm
Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XTREME RACING
I would go with Xtreme Racing 4mm towers but maybe that is just me
http://www.xtremercracing.com/TEN_SCTE.cfm
Why only the front tower in silver ? Are you guys gonna do blue ones like you did for the B44 ? I have them and they have held up great !

Have the silver 4mm on my Hyper10 SC and they have held up great as well .
Old 10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

[QUOTE=rcgod;9742772]
Originally Posted by Divey
Guys I am getting my truck this thur and it comes with a MMP/1410 and a jr servo. It also has the upgraded diff pins. I have about $200 bucks extra to spend. What part(s) should I get. I'm not a racer except for backyard racing on my own track and friends tracks and maybe the occasional club races locally here. So $200 out the door is my limit. This truck is for my wife and she drives hard. I chose the SC10 4x4 which is here tomorrow. Huge AE fan but I am leaning towards the Losi and wanting to trade.
Thanks

Losi tuning kit and aftermarket chassis. Or carbon shock towers and aftermarket chassis. You can get the tuning kit and bump chassis for around $200. Or bce chassis and carbon towers and aluminum shock caps for a little less. Truck should be almost indestructible after these upgrades. I recommend the first route as the tuning kit comes with all the good stuff. Losi aluminum towers sometimes can bend. Go with carbon.
Really on the chassis. Is it that weak where I will break it. I shouldn't get like some spares arms or front carriers. Remember this is more for bashing than racing. I will see how much the chassis is and the tuning kit is around 130$ if I remember correctly.

Terry
Old 10-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R6cj69
I'm liking what I'm reading on this one...what kind of ride height you running with this set up?
I'd also like to know more about your diff grease/oil mix. Got a link to it and what kind of ratio your mixture is?

Thanks,
ride height is 29 mm front and 27 mm rear.

Prolong oils and grease.10.00 plus shipping of grease in a tube. will last you ten years lol... DONT USE THIS ON DIFF BALLS you will never get it to hook up......they make an additive that's for race apps, a gallon of it is 85.00 something close to 30 w oil. I have a call in to the distributor. the thing about this is something I tried because of the problems racers are having going through gear's and shims. I bought the first run truck, put the oil in the diffs and they still look like they just came out of the box.. I use the grease on the ends of the drive dogs and in the diffs and they are polished without ware. I was going to contact prolong and sell it,.. its so good.. but pricey and a special blend. They wont do it.. a boat shop in Santa Clarita Calif sells it. I have tried Internet but you have to be a dealer to get the stuff or pay through the nose for it. I own a race boat so a few years ago I got this oil to add and I still have a lot of it left. a drop goes a long way. I use a half a teaspoon of grease in each diff. with 4 cc's of oil mix. ...PM me for other details Hope this helps.

Last edited by chucko; 10-05-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Divey;9743149]
Originally Posted by rcgod

Really on the chassis. Is it that weak where I will break it. I shouldn't get like some spares arms or front carriers. Remember this is more for bashing than racing. I will see how much the chassis is and the tuning kit is around 130$ if I remember correctly.

Terry
Bashing is harder on a truck than racing usually. I have bent mine racing and have heard of others doing the same. If u get the tuning kit it takes care of all weak points on the truck except maybe turnbuckles. Just get a pack of spares and some extra arms and u should be good to go. Maybe just get the tuning kit and see how your stock chassis holds up. U can get a new stocker on ebay for fairly cheap. The bump chassis is the lowest cost aftermarket chassis for around $90. I got my bce on ebay for $103 shipped.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Why only the front tower in silver ? Are you guys gonna do blue ones like you did for the B44 ? I have them and they have held up great !

Have the silver 4mm on my Hyper10 SC and they have held up great as well .
I made both 3mm and 4mm front and rear in Silver carbon but sold out of everything that I had. The problem is that I can no longer get the silver material and what I had the pre-pregger screwed up so I can no longer get the material. You might check some of the hobby shops they still might have some in stock, I know I sold a bunch of them to the distributors.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Divey
Guys I am getting my truck this thur and it comes with a MMP/1410 and a jr servo. It also has the upgraded diff pins. I have about $200 bucks extra to spend. What part(s) should I get. I'm not a racer except for backyard racing on my own track and friends tracks and maybe the occasional club races locally here. So $200 out the door is my limit. This truck is for my wife and she drives hard. I chose the SC10 4x4 which is here tomorrow. Huge AE fan but I am leaning towards the Losi and wanting to trade.
Thanks

Terry
Wait till you get the truck and then see what parts you might need to re-order. Out of the box stock the SCTe is pretty good.

I would order the lightened outdrives and 4mm carbon towers and a BCE chassis.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default Losi or AE?

Please let me know if anyone has had both Losi and AE 4x4

Just looking for honest opinion on pros and cons for both if you've ran both?

Thank you

Jason
Old 10-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MercyRev
Please let me know if anyone has had both Losi and AE 4x4

Just looking for honest opinion on pros and cons for both if you've ran both?

Thank you

Jason
I have a Losi TEN-SCTE and love it. It's really tough and can take a beating. The TEN-SCTE out of the box is ready to hit the track. On the AE, I don't have one but a few of the guys that I race with have said that it's for a more experienced racer. It's requires some setting up but once you find your sweet spot, you'll be good to go.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SaladFork
VX4's will be here tomorrow... trucks are all ready for the installs. Going to the track for some testing and video.
Thanks Salad Truck looks Killer
Here is a nice Interview with Josh (Ridley)
They did on Him and His Ohio State Win!!
Great Job again Josh++ Taking the SCTE Home for the Gold

http://web.me.com/robknasel/Area_54_...sh_Howell.html

Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
carbon.
Cool... My brother had carbon towers on his jammin x2 and the layers separated and they eventually broke... Is that common?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.