Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I don't have the specs for these escs in front of me, but basically if it is programmable to have timing advance, it is not allowed. The approved escs are not subject to firmware revisions with a pc. That being said, if the escs cannot be reflashed in the field, and do not have timing advance capability, then they could be considered.

It is capable of being tuned in the field via a laptop or a programming card. It does have a nice tell tale feature however that if the stock setting have been changed, the lights will stay solid. It is a ROAR approved non-timing esc according to the roar site. When advanced timing is selected by the user the led on the esc will stop blinking. It the timing is stock, the indicator on the ESC will blink. I believe this is called blinky mode.

We are trying to get it started as cheap as possible for people to join the class so the more options we can give them the better.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
It is capable of being tuned in the field via a laptop or a programming card. It does have a nice tell tale feature however that if the stock setting have been changed, the lights will stay solid. It is a ROAR approved non-timing esc according to the roar site. When advanced timing is selected by the user the led on the esc will stop blinking. It the timing is stock, the indicator on the ESC will blink. I believe this is called blinky mode.

We are trying to get it started as cheap as possible for people to join the class so the more options we can give them the better.
Yeah, any esc that has a "blinky" mode is not what we want..in other words, it should not be capable of advanced timing through the esc in any mode.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Guys, again sorry for seeming like I'm stirring the pot, that is not the intention. I'm just trying to find us some viable, low initial cost alternatives. Cirtix is always out of stock.

Link to the Justock user manual:

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manual/HW-09-JST.pdf

Link to the Cirtix user manual:

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...ay27th2010.pdf

They even use some of the same pictures. Both can be firmware flashed, but will only ever work with a no timing profile.
If the Justock is like the Cirtix, this is something that could be considered.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

while we are talking ESC's...guess who just came in the back door of the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals going on the weekend in Nashville, TN

TEAM TEKIN!!!!!

this is great news for the event...

(no no no, but yes in USGT and TC blinky)...lol....cya soon
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-tekin-logo-mini-blk-04.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Tekin, NICE!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
If the Justock is like the Cirtix, this is something that could be considered.
I believe Hobbywing makes all the SpeedPassion stuff and even brands and packages it for them before it hits the streets. I'll see if I can get an answer in the Hobbywing thread.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Old 09-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Bodies By Bean... our newest sponsor!!!!

MORE NEW SPONSORS....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...t-15-16-a.html
Old 09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
what you evil grinning about?
Old 09-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I believe Hobbywing makes all the SpeedPassion stuff and even brands and packages it for them before it hits the streets. I'll see if I can get an answer in the Hobbywing thread.
The other day I heard someone say that SP was making the stuff for Hobbywing and not the other way around. I know that the first SP esc that I had that I thought was a Citrix turned out to be a Fegaio. Which I think made a bunch of the first brushless esc for the market.

I did finally find a Citrix stock on ebay for $38 plus another 8 for shipping. I think I did ok for a brand new esc. You are right though. I SP USA site always has them out of stock. I bought another Hobby wing that I thought was a Citrix and it turned out to be sensorless only. I am staying away from them right now. And begging Jim Campbell to make a VTA esc.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I did finally find a Citrix stock on ebay for $38 plus another 8 for shipping. I think I did ok for a brand new esc.
Just make sure the esc box has the little silver VTA logo/sticker on it. There was an early version of that esc that did not work with the Ballistic motor. We ordered two of those esc's directly from Speed Passion this past summer, they sent me one stickered one and one without the VTA sticker - at that point I contacted them asking about the missing sticker on the second one.. they said go ahead, open it, it'll be fine. It wasn't, and then they didn't want to honor the warranty on a 3 day old esc (they eventually did almost a month later, after making a slightly offensive "In America....." type of comment in an email to me. )

If you run an SS motor, no worries either way... if you run the Ballistic, make sure the (rx) plugs on the esc are removable and not soldered in place.. soldered plugs are the old version and will not work with any Ballistic motor.

Speed Passion is rebranded Hobbywing gear, fwiw.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I saw that Cirtix on Ebay. $8 shipping from Hong Kong and they stated it would be 15-25 days!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Default 2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY,USA

oh boy yes sir...we are packing the Thunder Dome ladies and dudes....if you need a on-road fix, Nashville TN is where its at...

we have arrived...

thanks to all of you that came out tonight for practice...

results and video

http://www.thunderrcraceway.com/
Old 09-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
The other day I heard someone say that SP was making the stuff for Hobbywing and not the other way around. I know that the first SP esc that I had that I thought was a Citrix turned out to be a Fegaio. Which I think made a bunch of the first brushless esc for the market.

I did finally find a Citrix stock on ebay for $38 plus another 8 for shipping. I think I did ok for a brand new esc. You are right though. I SP USA site always has them out of stock. I bought another Hobby wing that I thought was a Citrix and it turned out to be sensorless only. I am staying away from them right now. And begging Jim Campbell to make a VTA esc.
Most of the Chinese stuff is coming out of a single manufacturer and SP, Turnigy, Hobbywing and many others are ... wait for it... Chinese. I checked the Fiegao website and it looks like all they do now, last couple of years anyway, is bulk production of motors. I couldn't find an ESC anywhere on their products page. Hobbywing on their site says something on the order of being the developers of the best ESC in Asia. It does not come right out and say manufacturer.

And yes, Jim, pretty please, one last spec-ialty ESC?
Old 09-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Cool

Last edited by wwddww34; 09-26-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.