Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Neil, yes it is synthesized. Well if that means I can program multiple freqeuncies. I have a crystal reciever laying around. So, you think I should try that.

I will try next sat or sun thanks so much for your advice. I have been out of the sport for 15+ years. I have been reading a lot on this forum and watching the guys on the track. This no longer is a hobby it's a freaking science.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Neil, one last thing, would it be a good idea to mount the synthesized reciever on top of the servo?

Well maybe two things, the holes for the servo on the chassis are slightly off from the servo, is this normal?
Old 06-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by T-Bag-R
Neil, one last thing, would it be a good idea to mount the synthesized reciever on top of the servo?

Well maybe two things, the holes for the servo on the chassis are slightly off from the servo, is this normal?
Try putting the synthesized receiver on top of the steering servo and run the car. Hopefully that will cure the "dead band". If it is still there, go to crystals.

On the factory kit, the arms are mounting on the outside of the bulkheads. This design effectively takes away one set of servo mounting holes. Depending on the size of your servo, one of the three sets should fit. If it is the one that is blocked, then the others will not line up. If this is the case, use servo tape. If you have the T1R and the holes don't line up, then use servo tape.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default upper bumper brace

can I substitute the XRATY T1 upper bumper brace ( https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...l?pn=XRA301212 ) for the compsite one ( https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...l?pn=XRA301217 )???
Old 06-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know you can put the composite one in place of the graphite one, so you should be able to put the graphite one in place of the composite.

Don't know why you'd want to, though. I'd much rather replace a $5 part over a $15 dollar part.

Rob
Old 06-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think the opposite,

the carbon piece is too stiff to absorb the impact, I prefer a flexible piece instead of the carbon piece because the carbon one simply breaks while the composite will flex when I hit the wall again, I hope...
Old 06-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think one of us is confused (and it's probably me.)

I am running the plastic bumper brace on my Evo2, where there was previously a graphite/carbon fiber brace. This works fine.

I'm assuming that you could run either one on the Xray's and be okay.

Rob
Old 06-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

yep...

i'm running the old xray t1......

i crashed last weekend and i broke bumper brace (originally carbon).....
now I would like to change the bumper brace, but I want to put the composite bumper brace....
Old 06-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes. It will work.

Rob
Old 06-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok....thanks!!

let me know how fast can I crash till the new bumper brake breaks!!!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Yes they do too...They are made for TC's only. I will try to attach a pic of them.

EA
ok thanx i will put some of those on order when i go in to work
we have the regular ones then hehe but thanx for clearing that one up for me
Old 06-08-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Questions for Greg

Greg,

I see from the MYTSN setp that you are running significant different droop settings than most drivers on the T1FK. Can you explain why and how you measure it (I don't understand your notes!)

Also, I have a fleet of Xrays and have noticed one significant setup difference, on my EVOII (non FOC pivot ball) the rear wishbones are inclined towards the rear of the car (I think this is 3degrees anti squat) as per the setup book. However, on my T1FK they are parallel to the chassis/floor. Now I suffer from rear grip problems, escpecially with on power turning with a 19T motor, will me putting anti squat on the rear help in any way? If so, what holes do you suggest I use?

Thanks
Dave
Old 06-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Neil Rabara, I have had the same receiver as T-Bag-R for a year with no problems. Do you mean there is an inherent problem with synth receivers, or just with JR, or ???
Thanks for your help.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys. Need some help here.

This question is posted many gazillion times but i cant seem to find it. So if anyone wouldnt mind me asking again, here goes.

I am still running with T1 EVO2 FOC. I would like to convert to short arms soon and was wondering wat else do i need? Other then the short arms of cos.

ANother question is, previously ppl had problem with the servo mounting which is obstructing the front arm. Anyone had a solution to this?

Don flame me for asking it again but i seriously gave up trying to look a few pages back.

TIA
Old 06-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

you will need 2 set of the 302040. and then cut one of the 302053 in half, or you can purchase 2 more of the 302032. you will also have to cut the hinge pins down

the solution on the servo mount:
a) don't use the botton hole of the servo where it hits the arm mount
b) if you look at the factory team instructions. the arm mount on the servo side has the t1r mount, where the screw taps into the mount and not an aluminium retainer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.