Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The LE is the newest version of the GEN-X 10. It has the updated chassis which is much more simple since it is specifically designed for lipo cells. It also has fewer parts overall, thus reducing cost. The shock is CRC's own Encore shock which works extremely well, and it plenty robust enough for the car itself.

I wouldn't say CRC skimped on parts, but slimed the whole car down to reduce weight and parts count. Soooo... in the end its a faster and easier to work on chassis.

Hope that helps!

-Korey
Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The LE is the newest version of the GEN-X 10. It has the updated chassis which is much more simple since it is specifically designed for lipo cells. It also has fewer parts overall, thus reducing cost. The shock is CRC's own Encore shock which works extremely well, and it plenty robust enough for the car itself.

I wouldn't say CRC skimped on parts, but slimed the whole car down to reduce weight and parts count. Soooo... in the end its a faster and easier to work on chassis.

Hope that helps!

-Korey
Sounds good, I think I'll just wait for Amain to restock on the LE and get that one.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Over-rev
Sounds good, I think I'll just wait for Amain to restock on the LE and get that one.
If you are in the SF Bay Area, I can help with the car.

Carpet track at NorCal Hobbies will be in place soon.

Bill
Old 11-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
SHOW OFF!!!!!
He earned it...the hard way...
Old 11-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
He earned it...the hard way...
No ish sherlock, lol.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Still Bill
If you are in the SF Bay Area, I can help with the car.

Carpet track at NorCal Hobbies will be in place soon.

Bill
I'm in the Chicago area; I wish I was in Cali, they seem to have all the tracks there.

Sofar all I have been able to find here is ONE indoor track in the Chicago area. Every time one opens up it closes after a very short time, or catches fire . Anyone in the Chicago area that knows anywhere else to race indoor carpet for the winter, please let me know.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default on road-- track at Winthrop Harbor

The best on road track in the Chicagoland area is "The Track" at Harbor Hobbies. That is in Winthrop Harbor Il. It is just below the Wisc. Border
There is a thread in the Wisc- Ill Regional forums.

Nice track with hobby shop and Eric stocks CRC parts.

I know it is a drive from Downtown but it is worth it. We have quite a number of patrons from Downtown.
See you there,

Darrald
Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by drsfly
The best on road track in the Chicagoland area is "The Track" at Harbor Hobbies. That is in Winthrop Harbor Il. It is just below the Wisc. Border
There is a thread in the Wisc- Ill Regional forums.

Nice track with hobby shop and Eric stocks CRC parts.

I know it is a drive from Downtown but it is worth it. We have quite a number of patrons from Downtown.
See you there,

Darrald

Nice track! Yeah it's only an hour and a half away, bout the same time it takes to drive downtown in rush hour so I would be used to it.

I'll def try to stop in there within the next few weeks.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Will the 200mm bodies from HPI fit on the CRC Gen-X? They have some really cool setups; I just want to make sure anything I order will fit on this thing.

Edit: I was looking at the HPI Supra or the Viper bodies; or are these strictly for 1/10 gas and widebody TC?

Last edited by Over-rev; 11-10-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Over-rev
Will the 200mm bodies from HPI fit on the CRC Gen-X? They have some really cool setups; I just want to make sure anything I order will fit on this thing.

Edit: I was looking at the HPI Supra or the Viper bodies; or are these strictly for 1/10 gas and widebody TC?
Yes they will
Old 11-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

The HPI Bodies are a great fit. In fact in our SCAR 200mm Class in Ontario Canada they are required. The Honda Prelude handles well. We have people running Supras, Porsche 911s, Saleen Mustangs, BMWs and others.

I'm getting my new CRC GenX10 LE dialed in. Took the A SCAR Main at Lou's Speedway on Wednesday Night. Good to be back running CRCs.

Our SCAR Triple Crown Series starts the Saturday in Sarnia Ontario at the Karl Mackie Memorial Race Against Cancer.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Welp new owner here! Picked up the CRC Gen X10, a RTR package minus Tx with all the bells and whistles and a custom built ballistic 13.5 motor. I'm stoked to finally live in an area that has carpet racing.

Reading here I'm also glad that all 10th scale bodies will fit, giving me the option to do something fun instead of what you see on touring cars all using the same thing.

I've never done racing, but am excited to start here. Now just to pick up some bodies I like and use my new airbrush to do something a bit realistic but fun.

So I ask, what are some good looking original bodies? I'm not going to be good enough to notice aerodynamics for a long time.

Also, will a DX3E be good enough for me? I don't have a Tx yet for land vehicles. It seems to have enough options. I'm not sure exactly what I'll be needing.

Thanks! Excited to start racing.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I am off to the OvalMasters with our other 1/10th scale pan car...the Battle Axe 2.0. I have been running oval the past couple of weekends to get ready for this and I think we might have something for those boys. See everyone in a few days!!

dumper
Old 11-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Welp new owner here! Picked up the CRC Gen X10, a RTR package minus Tx with all the bells and whistles and a custom built ballistic 13.5 motor. I'm stoked to finally live in an area that has carpet racing.

Reading here I'm also glad that all 10th scale bodies will fit, giving me the option to do something fun instead of what you see on touring cars all using the same thing.

I've never done racing, but am excited to start here. Now just to pick up some bodies I like and use my new airbrush to do something a bit realistic but fun.

So I ask, what are some good looking original bodies? I'm not going to be good enough to notice aerodynamics for a long time.

Also, will a DX3E be good enough for me? I don't have a Tx yet for land vehicles. It seems to have enough options. I'm not sure exactly what I'll be needing.

Thanks! Excited to start racing.
The DX3E will work, however it lacks some of the stuff that makes setting up/running the car easier. I use a DX3E in my rock crawler because of the 3 way AUX switch, but it doesn't have expo, a timer or a convenient setup screen like the DX3S. It uses dials for setting up the endpoints instead of doing it electronically. I have accidentally moved the pots more than once when the controller was off and didn't realize it until I was in the middle of a competition and my crawler wasn't acting right. You can also setup multiple models in the DX3S which makes it easy when running more than one car on the same controller. The 3rd channel Aux switch is pretty limited though since it is not a 3 position switch like the DX3E The DX3R is an even better option if you plan on using the 3rd channel for something with the 3-way Aux switch... but it costs more money too. I have my DX3S setup on everything from a gas powered Baja 5B to Slash 4X4s, touring cars and 1/12 scale pan cars and it works great for all of them.... just not for my rock crawler The temp and voltage telemetry options are pretty helpfull on some of my cars too.

Where are you going to race at? I am also in Columbus,OH and recently picked up a 1/10 pan car to mess around with (although it is a Team Associated car and I will be running it brushed for a while).

Last edited by Funky; 11-11-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Couple questions

1st the easy one...what size hex do i need for the rear wheels?

now for the hard one

I am running a Novak Ballistic Motor and and keep stripping spur gears. I have made sure the motor is tightened down ( I am not happy with the novak case as it doesn't seem to let you crank the motor down) and making sure my gear mesh is good

I even had another experienced driver tighten the motor and set the gears mesh with a new pinion and same issue. Its usually from me hitting something but I feel something else is not right. I am getting lunsford motor mount screws with the big cap to see if that will help.

Anyone experience this issue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.