Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That is a Yokomo gear diff, i believe it will be released later. Spec R have made one that should be available pretty soon.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Cool Hope they release it soon.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default first drive

hi guys, just finished my first real extensive training session with my new bd5ws. as it is my first yokomo i was very curios however, i used the kit setup, which includes the short 39.5mm rear arms. only thing i changed was to a 450 oil and hpi blue springs. the car was immediatly as fast as the fastest guys of the local club and was easy to drive. as i ran kit setup and could do the same laptimes as with my previous car (416) i am quite opptimistic that if a little bit fine-tuned the car is just ballistic.

lots of grip, super steering. only weak point - besides the spool which is being changed - is the taped steering servo which is really causing some problems when i get hit by another car. will try stronger tape at the next race.

if anyone is interessted i was running vtec 30x pre-glued tires, 450 much more oil, hpi blue springs, droop 6/5mm, 3° rear toe, 1° front toe, 5.5/6mm ride-height.

car seems to responed well to a little bit more ride height as it seems it can lean more to the side generating more corner speed.

great car and i am not in any way regretting switsching from the tamiya to the yokomo.

cheers

ps: anyone knows a dealer where i can order spares and pay via pay-pal??
Old 07-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vitomon
anyone knows a dealer where i can order spares and pay via pay-pal??
Hobbyhaven or just PM Mr. Elwyn

About the doubletape for the servo i use the Muchmore one (the strong version) or Sweep.
They are working really well
Old 07-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi guys, just finished my first real extensive training session with my new bd5ws. as it is my first yokomo i was very curios however, i used the kit setup, which includes the short 39.5mm rear arms. only thing i changed was to a 450 oil and hpi blue springs. the car was immediatly as fast as the fastest guys of the local club and was easy to drive. as i ran kit setup and could do the same laptimes as with my previous car (416) i am quite opptimistic that if a little bit fine-tuned the car is just ballistic.

lots of grip, super steering. only weak point - besides the spool which is being changed - is the taped steering servo which is really causing some problems when i get hit by another car. will try stronger tape at the next race.

if anyone is interessted i was running vtec 30x pre-glued tires, 450 much more oil, hpi blue springs, droop 6/5mm, 3° rear toe, 1° front toe, 5.5/6mm ride-height.

car seems to responed well to a little bit more ride height as it seems it can lean more to the side generating more corner speed.

great car and i am not in any way regretting switsching from the tamiya to the yokomo.

cheers

great to know u like the car well...

have some parts available here..
KS Hobby
Old 07-15-2010, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

If u can get shoogoo try that to hold your servo I use that on the outerside of my servo with double sided tape underneath and the mount on the inner ear.

Antoni
Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

cheers

Great to know you enjoy the car. BD-5 World Spec is receiving favorable comments from users around the globe. Thanks for your kind support.

For the servo, my solution would be: ShoeGoo + double sided tape.

Usually, I would apply the double side tape in the center and apply ShoeGoo at the perimeter of the servo. This way, it will be bullet-proof. When it comes to removing the servo, just use a blade/knife to open the ShoeGoo at the side. Once it reached the double sided area, the servo can be removed entirely with a little force.

I would suggest 3M double sided tape as I have great experience with them.

For parts support, we can assist you on this as we have been representing Yokomo for over 14 years. We can also offer attractive shipping costs to your country. Please contact Elwyn Lee for your requirement of parts.

Thanks for your kind reference, altreyx.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:57 AM
Tech Adept

thx for the suggestions but i have to ask....what is ShoeGoo??
Old 07-15-2010, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

thx for the suggestions but i have to ask....what is ShoeGoo??
it is a sort of specific glue, Just type Shoe Goo in google

I'll give it a try next time that i'll remove my servo.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Yokomo Geardiff

Old 07-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
I run 17.5 class. Is a gear diff a good option or is it meant only for high powered motor class?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi All. does the worlds conversion kit do a full conversion or are there still some parts needed to convert 100%? tossing up a conversion or a new car
thanks.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by poop
Hi All. does the worlds conversion kit do a full conversion or are there still some parts needed to convert 100%? tossing up a conversion or a new car
thanks.
world conversion = lower deck, upperdeck, new motor mount, motor mount support...

depend on you dude, if your car is more than 50% wear out, will be recommended you to get a new car....
Old 07-17-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
I run 17.5 class. Is a gear diff a good option or is it meant only for high powered motor class?
i think geardiff is very good for mod class and also high traction...high turn motor might not need it but it's mostly depend on your track traction...

low traction track is not really recommended to use geardiff...

hope more chip in idea on this ....Antoni where r u ?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kschu
i think geardiff is very good for mod class and also high traction...high turn motor might not need it but it's mostly depend on your track traction...

low traction track is not really recommended to use geardiff...

hope more chip in idea on this ....Antoni where r u ?
im using Gear diffs in medium traction, its all in the oil you use. In higher traction you could use anything up 2 5k, and low traction we have been using 500cst.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.